Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawchuk30

Oct 24, 2020
As usual, Andersen now blaming his shyte play on an injury. Every time he goes on a long stretch of playing like total crap, he is either throwing his team under the bus or blaming it on an injury. God forbid he can just come out and say, Im playing like crap and its my fault. Campbell was great again, nice to finally see a competent goaltender again.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
i constantly go back to the "omg, tyler ennis is so good" example of a few years back after a few good games in the preseason. lets wait and see. he hasnt bounced around for the good part of 3 years because hes been too good lol. but i hope he can do something positive here.
NOPE!

i know the difference between a non pedigree fluke run like innes had

and someone who still has the desire/skills/size and pedigree

to pull off what we want in that 6th slot

this will prove out to be one of those right time/right places story

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
There’s always an excuse for him. He’s the 2nd highest paid player and only has a Calder. Not even a playoff series win. I have higher expectations.

You're being ridiculous imo. Matthews didn't suddenly just completely forget how to score goals. He's battling through an injury that directly effects his ability to score goals. It's not an excuse. It just is the reality of the situation. Hell, despite that he's had 3 posts in the last 2 games and appears to be coming around. He's gonna get back on it in due time. Matthews is the least of our worries once he's healthy.

Matthews is the best goal scorer in the league since he was drafted and hockey is a team game so laying the Leafs lack of playoff success specifically at his feet is very transparent in terms of your agenda. McDavid has made the playoffs once since being drafted

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I imagine they will just take the easy out, say Andersen is injured and not dress him. We’ll all know the truth though
then get him OFF the books til the POs and get a back up here with a bit of heart

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
NOPE!

i know the difference between a non pedigree fluke run like innes had

and someone who still has the desire/skills/size and pedigree

to pull off what we want in that 6th slot

this will prove out to be one of those right time/right places story
time will tell. but given his track record im not holding my breath for any type of 180 degree turnaround.
at the end of the day if he plays a decent all around game and chips in some points hes already an upgrade on vesey and im more than ok with that

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
You're being ridiculous imo. Matthews didn't suddenly just completely forget how to score goals. He's battling through an injury that directly effects his ability to score goals. It's not an excuse. It just is the reality of the situation. Hell, despite that he's had 3 posts in the last 2 games and appears to be coming around. He's gonna get back on it in due time. Matthews is the least of our worries once he's healthy.

I hope so. It’s just bothering me he’s forming that choking mentality. Just blew his lead for the rocket, and has done nothing in game 7’s or (5’s). If this guy is our saviour he hasn’t shown it yet.

Mar 26, 2010
I imagine they will just take the easy out, say Andersen is injured and not dress him. We’ll all know the truth though
I was thinking that exactly. Avoid the media circus in Toronto.

It is the correct move to do though. Have to go with Jack now. We also need to see if he can carry the load next season as the starter. No better time than now, to let him run with it. The net is his.

Reactions: ACC1224

Mar 26, 2010
keefe himself said postgame that with freddys injury and soup's play he will be starting, now he just has to take the opportunity and not give the coach or gm an option to pull him.
Awesome!

Reactions: djdev

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I hope so. It’s just bothering me he’s forming that choking mentality. Just blew his lead for the rocket, and has done nothing in game 7’s or (5’s). If this guy is our saviour he hasn’t shown it yet.

You keep saying he's choked his goal lead. Thats just an overtly negative way of looking at things. If his wrist wasn't beat up, and he didn't just go like 4 games taking basically zero shots is there any question he'd have a few more goals. Also McDavid has played like 5 more goals than Matthews has and he's playing out of his mind this year. I mean I'd love to see Matthews win the rocket as much as anyone, but I just think it's clear what the factors are here. This isnt just an every day goal slump. Truth be told Matthews doesn't really have those almost at all

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
You keep saying he's choked his goal lead. Thats just an overtly negative way of looking at things. If his wrist wasn't beat up, and he didn't just go like 4 games taking basically zero shots is there any question he'd have a few more goals. Also McDavid has played like 5 more goals than Matthews has and he's playing out of his mind this year. I mean I'd love to see Matthews win the rocket as much as anyone, but I just think it's clear what the factors are here. This isnt just an every day goal slump. Truth be told Matthews doesn't really have those almost at all

well let’s enjoy the win and hope he unleashes on Ottawa. I’m just venting that it’s kind of bothering me that every year there seems to be something that goes wrong with him. Last year he looked like he was out for a Sunday skate on the cali road trip (against 3 of the worst teams) which costed him the rocket last year.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Our PP has hardly scored at all during this slump. That's not an excuse, it's a simple fact and one that has contributed to us losing games.

Not sure why so many people want to put 100% of the blame on our goalies, things are rarely that black and white.
sure, it might make things easier if the PP is clicking and the Leafs are giving Andersen 5 or 6 goals in support every game. But the Leafs not doing that isn't a failure on their end, and it shouldn't be something they need to do to win in front of Andersen. Campbell just won in regulation with 2 goals in support and none from the PP, so it's obviously something that can be done

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Lets win a playoff round before we talk about the cup. Matthews is notorious for starting off hot then fading away. Buddy choked a 7 goal lead and misses open nets.
Fine if you want to aim for a 1st round win fine, but watching you whine up a little storm about Matthews having cold spots while hes INJURED. Is pathetic.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I got news for you, Matthews will still win the rocket this season.

McDavid will cool off. He will slump soon.

I wouldn’t bet on it. McDavid is built differently. Doesn’t take a shift off or a game off.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
time will tell. but given his track record im not holding my breath for any type of 180 degree turnaround.
at the end of the day if he plays a decent all around game and chips in some points hes already an upgrade on vesey and im more than ok with that
Lets do a run down if you don't believe me

He starts with the Habs as their "NEW SAVIOUR,,new #1c" ,,he does pretty good there but driven from town because he was not the one,,because "this is all he is from a #3 draft slot" the pitchforks are out and he gets Montrealed.

Ends up in zona, completely crap team and organization but still is OK with 41 points 3rd on team

does a split season between Pit/Miny,,in Pit they put him on the 4th line with a small taste of 3rd Pp,,never got a real shot.

in Miny he does ok,,40p pace and then 8 games this year for a trash Ott team

He will do absolutely fine here with the chance he is getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad