Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Really happy to see good goaltending and also pretty happy with how Chucky is playing, pleasantly surprised.

Seems to enjoy playing here.
he went from barely playing with ottawa to almost having to play for torts..i would be weeping tears of joy nonstop if i were him, given the alternatives lol

Reactions: TopChedder

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
how about we all come together and laugh at how obsessed Edmonton fans are with Matthews. Their around the league thread is borderline insane lol

Oh man every time I look at it I’m worried for their mental health.

The obsession and inferiority complex. I know it’s Toronto and they have to live in Edmonton. I get the envy, but man they have some serious issues.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Back to back shutouts with Campbell in net. Its clear to me even in the first period, this team was calm and confident with Campbell in net. They trust him more than Anderson right now, thats for sure. I would not go back to Anderson for the rest of the year as the #1 unless Campbell's performance drops off.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
The Flames kinda sucked tonight, dont get yourselfs to pumped just yet lol
when we get good goaltending we make the other teams in this division look like they "suck" on most nights this year. we arent perfect but regardless of this slide we are the best team in this division.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Honestly, how many times this game did you say or think "Freddie wouldn't have stopped that."

Good win for Campbell. More impressive it was his first start after coming back after an injury. Back-to-back shutouts and safe to say he has the confidence of his teammates and coach. Your move, Sheldon.

Reactions: ACC1224

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Lets win a playoff round before we talk about the cup. Matthews is notorious for starting off hot then fading away. Buddy choked a 7 goal lead and misses open nets.

He's been playing through a wrist injury bad enough that he had outright stop taking shots of any real range or power. This is a horrendously bad take

Reactions: Schooner

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I love Galchenyuks game though, he hustles hard. Noticed him almost every shift, skates hard and plays hard, I love it. Matthews should've had at least 1 tonight, he's bound to start scoring again with the chances he generates.
YUP!!!
I'm satisficed ,no need to winger hunt now

shift the trade needs to D depth and C depth

LadyLala

Feb 20, 2021
It's honestly kinda sad? They have two of the best players in the world yet obsess over everything Matthews does

It’s beyond sad. They squeal with delight like little pigs if Matthews is struggling or having bad luck, they doubt his injury and just want to say he sucks. They’re not fooling anyone tho, they wouldn’t be so obsessed if they didn’t feel threatened by him.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
There is no Team Andersen vs Team Campbell.

It’s more like Team Delusion vs Team Reality.

In an ideal world, it would be Team Leafs and what's best for this group of players and this organization's goals.

Let's all call a spade a spade. The Leafs window is probably >5 years as of now. Every season needs to be a shot at the Cup. If one player isn't performing well for extended periods of time, the team's leadership needs to move on that and correct the issue. Forgive my terrible paraphrasing but Andersen, Campbell, <future and past goalies here> are just spokes in the wheel. This one's on top then that one's on top and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He's been playing through a wrist injury bad enough that he had outright stop taking shots of any real range or power. This is a horrendously bad take

There’s always an excuse for him. He’s the 2nd highest paid player and only has a Calder. Not even a playoff series win. I have higher expectations.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
YUP!!!
I'm satisficed ,no need to winger hunt now

shift the trade needs to D depth and C depth
i constantly go back to the "omg, tyler ennis is so good" example of a few years back after a few good games in the preseason. lets wait and see. he hasnt bounced around for the good part of 3 years because hes been too good lol. but i hope he can do something positive here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad