Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Can we just enjoy the win and leave the Team Andersen Vs Team Campbell for the pregame thread with the Sens.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Didnt really make any mistakes, other than the Rielly turnover that Gaudreau fired over, pretty good bounce back game for the leafs. Jack should be able to go on a run now with this confidence, and give Freddy time to get healthy again.

Also not a big fan of the ppl in Leafs Nations who seems to be more focused on kicking somebody whos down. Dont know why this is such a big problem in Leafs nation, I cant even compare it to fans from other sports, you just dont see it anywhere like here. Normally there is a great deal of respect to players that has played for you and been a big profile. The toxicity in this fan base needs to be called out man, and when I do I get called an "andersen apoligist" or some bs

Go like some more posts on the main board that trash our team why don’t ya?

I have no idea what you are talking about, I'm not trying to "thrash the Leafs", nor why you feel the need to make it personal

Bruh every time we lose you are like sniping our tears.

Everytime we are losing, you come into our threads and like reactionary negative takes.

Example: We're f***ing garbage and will miss the playoffs.

You will like it.
9mryQK1.gif

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Definitely y'all :clap: We have a NEW number one goalie in Jack the Jack.
I always like andersen's gezame, but Campbell right now is just better. So that's where we at.

Also loved the simmonds thug game. Spezza's savvy vet gezoal. Etc. We have it all now :clap: Expecting a lot of cool, hard games next week. We rule the ice hockey world period.

Reactions: hockeyes

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I just have that feeling AM will rip apart the Sens next game. He is healthy, rested and piss.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Ok smart ass... When a team needs a save, they can't rely on him... our PP.... we shouldn't need to have the leagues best PP to win games, our forward talent at any point in the game should give us the goals to win the game, shouldn't have to rely on the PP. Either way.. have a good night!
So you think the PP is "working" or did you not understand what you were quoting?

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
:laugh:
The Good: Obviously the goose egg to break the skid, but even better was the way Campbell played. He came back from injury with the hopes and dreams of Leafs Nation and possibly the jobs of Dubas and Keefe on his shoulders. What does he do, he has a calm and controlled outing. He smothers rebounds, he's moving well and is always in position, and not once did he dive into the pool and go for a swim. He basically gave the Leafs the goaltending that is expected in the NHL and especially expected for a team in the top 4. The Offence had two goals and hit 4 posts and missed 2 wide open nets, in other words they could've put up a snowman tonight, not bad, not bad at all.

The Bad: I detest seeing the Leafs get dirtied up, I especially don't like the fact that the referees allowed the Flames to take lot's of liberties with all three of Matty, Mitch and Muzzin. If Muzzin isn't still nursing the broken cheek he would've dummied Tkachuk(damn I wish there was a way for the Leafs to acquire him.), if Simmonds doesn't have the broken wrist both Tanev and Lucic would've had to pay with a punch in the mouth(but hey we don't like that kind of hockey do we:rolleyes: do we?), any way lots of ifs everywher here. Someone mentioned Ryan Reaves, and here's one more if for ya! If only....

The Ugly: The PP showed a little life, but it still was mostly a Keystone Kops kind of approach!

for you youngins who have zero idea of who or what the Keystone Kops are

so funny to watch old silent films because they were shot in 14 or 16 frames per second (because film was so expensive) and then played at 24 fps so it looks like this lol

Reactions: therealkoho

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
So you think the PP is "working" or did you not understand what you were quoting?

Absolutely is not working. But I am not going to say that because it is not working, is why we are losing games lol... Fred lets in muffins and ruins the teams confidence. Can't win games that way. Look at the difference Campbell made tonight. Nuff said.

Reactions: LeafsRus

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Ah I don’t read much on the main boards I was just going off, of what was posted here
Good thing to do on your part. It's been non-stop trashing of the Leafs on there the last couple weeks.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
yep, we've limited shots and even more importantly chances better than anytime i can remember in the past 20 years. i will take sound and capable any day of the week right now, lets hope soup can provide that. good thing is its not a full season either so he doesnt have to go from backup to playing a crazy amount of games.
Yep his workload should definitely be better managed for him compared to others. Once Fred is healthy and more rested than he usually is he should at least be a good backup with upside, Campbell is 100% our guy right now and for the near future though. I hope he runs with this opportunity he's earned himself.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how Freddy responds to this now, he has been unchallenged as the number 1 here

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Good thing to do on your part. It's been non-stop trashing of the Leafs on there the last couple weeks.
lol yea if i read the mains I get worked up, and than I get banned lol, ive smartened up not to read the kool-aid lol

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
A lot of folks here wish your hot takes would disappear.

Even when we get a shutout there is always someone dumb enough to bitch and moan endlessly about our Franchise player and one of the top players in the entire league. Agendas are as toxic as your takes are hot.

bye bye rocket

Reactions: Paralyzer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad