Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

He's deflecting blame as if he couldn't make a save. Other goalies can make saves through traffic, or does Andersen need every shot with no one in front of him for him to have a chance? He's in the wrong sport if he needs that much space. Maybe he can try golf.

Well he's not wrong - when pucks find their way through traffic, they're damn hard to stop. Having said that, I do agree with your main point - it would be nice to hear him take responsibility for his poor play and say that he simply has to play better instead of making excuses.

Reactions: stickty111

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Brah, don't be ridiculous. Our PP has been scoring at about a 5% rate during this run, that's just one example. Unless you think it doesn't matter whether we ever score on the PP or not.

I am talking about all the muffins he has let in, never did I ever mention the PP being the cause. Andersen is a BIG part of the problem, and was my point.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
End of day man, you gotta be at min a ppg with that contract. Unless you are putting up 75 pts and playing bergeron level defense. Bottom line with that contract tbh.

PPG isn't even the issue with Tavares. He gets his points, so you can say he finds ways to contribute, but his 5 on 5 shift to shift contribution can be extremely poor, and doesn't have much PP production to show for either lately.

ECYCLE

Dec 19, 2011
"it's difficult on a night like tonight when everything finds its way through traffic."
How is he deflecting? That's an observation.
He was not happy with his game and sailing it was tough for him and he wants to do better.
Not sure this is what you Think it is
It's passive aggressive.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The Good: Obviously the goose egg to break the skid, but even better was the way Campbell played. He came back from injury with the hopes and dreams of Leafs Nation and possibly the jobs of Dubas and Keefe on his shoulders. What does he do, he has a calm and controlled outing. He smothers rebounds, he's moving well and is always in position, and not once did he dive into the pool and go for a swim. He basically gave the Leafs the goaltending that is expected in the NHL and especially expected for a team in the top 4. The Offence had two goals and hit 4 posts and missed 2 wide open nets, in other words they could've put up a snowman tonight, not bad, not bad at all.

The Bad: I detest seeing the Leafs get dirtied up, I especially don't like the fact that the referees allowed the Flames to take lot's of liberties with all three of Matty, Mitch and Muzzin. If Muzzin isn't still nursing the broken cheek he would've dummied Tkachuk(damn I wish there was a way for the Leafs to acquire him.), if Simmonds doesn't have the broken wrist both Tanev and Lucic would've had to pay with a punch in the mouth(but hey we don't like that kind of hockey do we:rolleyes: do we?), any way lots of ifs everywher here. Someone mentioned Ryan Reaves, and here's one more if for ya! If only....

The Ugly: The PP showed a little life, but it still was mostly a Keystone Kops kind of approach!

for you youngins who have zero idea of who or what the Keystone Kops are

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Didnt really make any mistakes, other than the Rielly turnover that Gaudreau fired over, pretty good bounce back game for the leafs. Jack should be able to go on a run now with this confidence, and give Freddy time to get healthy again.

Also not a big fan of the ppl in Leafs Nations who seems to be more focused on kicking somebody whos down. Dont know why this is such a big problem in Leafs nation, I cant even compare it to fans from other sports, you just dont see it anywhere like here. Normally there is a great deal of respect to players that has played for you and been a big profile. The toxicity in this fan base needs to be called out man, and when I do I get called an "andersen apoligist" or some bs
NOPE!! not gonna happen ,,letting the team/fans down during a season like this and what opportunities exits

Timing is everything and his sucks right now.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
It's almost exactly like that. You could even say it's like Binnington taking over for Allen in 2019, Murray taking over for Fleury in 2016... Rask over Thomas in 2013, Grubauer & Holtby in 2018... just from recent years. Campbell is a bit older but looks like a late bloomer, I'm sure there's more examples that fit as well.
i mean we dont need a star, with how well our defense has been playing and how much better our system is, we just need a capable goalie between the pipes. i feel like lately alot of our gaffes have been due to the team playing tight knowing any mistake could end up in the back of the net.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
PPG isn't even the issue with Tavares. He gets his points, so you can say he finds ways to contribute, but his 5 on 5 shift to shift contribution can be extremely poor, and doesn't have much PP production to show for either lately.
Huge JT fan , but I can’t disagree with you this year , I’m hoping that his playoffs performances are what I’m counting on ..
I’m so done with not winning in the playoffs!
I’m tired ..of losing in the fun part !

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I am talking about all the muffins he has let in, never did I ever mention the PP being the cause. Andersen is a BIG part of the problem, and was my point.

What you said was that "Andersen has single handedly responsible for our losing streak". Go back and look at your original post if you've forgotten what you said.

He is a big part of why we were losing, he certainly was not the only one responsible and the PP was just one example of another part of our game that's been below par lately.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: egd27

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Campbell had a very good performance tonight and more than ever he has shown that he can provide for the team that Andersen can't ever seem to provide for the Leafs. Namely calmness and minimal chaos in net.

He makes routine saves look routine, usually allows minimal rebounds on shots and perhaps most importantly of all he isn't flopping around like a fish out of water on every save he makes. It really does seem like the Leafs play better in front of him because they have the confidence that if they mess up and the other team gets a good scoring chance that it isn't going to be 50/50 that it ends up in the net everytime.

Campbell's calm demeanor in net seems to rub off on the team and as a fan watching the game IT DEFINITELY makes me feel much less stressed having him in net instead of Andersen who usually drives me up the wall.

If Leafs coaching and management doesn't give Campbell A BUNCH of consecutive starts after this performance then they all need to get fired. He's looked good in almost every game he's played and he deserves a good long stretch of starts to see what he can do because we already know that Andersen IS NOT the answer.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
What you said was that "Andersen has single handedly responsible for our losing streak". Go back and look at your original post if you've forgotten what you said.

He is a big part of why we were losing, he certainly was not the only one responsible and the PP was just one example of another part of our game that's been below par lately.

I hope that helps.

Ok smart ass... When a team needs a save, they can't rely on him... our PP.... we shouldn't need to have the leagues best PP to win games, our forward talent at any point in the game should give us the goals to win the game, shouldn't have to rely on the PP. Either way.. have a good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad