Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Didnt really make any mistakes, other than the Rielly turnover that Gaudreau fired over, pretty good bounce back game for the leafs. Jack should be able to go on a run now with this confidence, and give Freddy time to get healthy again.

Also not a big fan of the ppl in Leafs Nations who seems to be more focused on kicking somebody whos down. Dont know why this is such a big problem in Leafs nation, I cant even compare it to fans from other sports, you just dont see it anywhere like here. Normally there is a great deal of respect to players that has played for you and been a big profile. The toxicity in this fan base needs to be called out man, and when I do I get called an "andersen apoligist" or some bs
Yes gaudreau fired that shot over the net. But even if it would have been slightly lower, like 1/4 of an inch, it would have went right into Campbell's glove. It skimmed the top of it.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
i mean we dont need a star, with how well our defense has been playing and how much better our system is, we just need capable in between the pipes. i feel like lately alot of our gaffes have been due to the team playing tight knowing any mistake could end up in the back of the net.
Lots of teams have won without a stellar goalie but a capable one, or decent one that can battle (almost Khudobin). Murray in 2016 wasn't stellar, neither was Binnington in 2019, Holtby in 2018 (did make some big saves later on in playoffs though), & especially not Fleury in 2009. All good teams, some of those teams were just good teams starving for a capable goalie, much like Fleury continuously blowing it for Pittsburgh until Murray came in and did enough to get the job done.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
been a while since I've seen a double pad stack. that was glorious
I haven’t seen that since Broda ;)
Love Turk , best money goalie ever !

upload_2021-3-20_19-25-39.jpeg

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Great all around game for the entire team. We should have easily won both of these games. Like everybody else I'm loving Campbell. Not just for his goaltending but for his enthusiasm. I thought I saw him struggle to get up a few times in situations where he had to get up urgently, so I'm not so sure that he's 100% yet.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Then why do you think it's a good excuse that the PP hasn't scored much? It's not like the team hasn't been scoring at all

Our PP has hardly scored at all during this slump. That's not an excuse, it's a simple fact and one that has contributed to us losing games.

Not sure why so many people want to put 100% of the blame on our goalies, things are rarely that black and white.

Reactions: saltming and rubous

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Our PP has hardly scored at all during this slump. That's not an excuse, it's a simple fact and one that has contributed to us losing games.

Not sure why so many people want to put 100% of the blame on our goalies, things are rarely that black and white.

Can't win games if the goalie can't stop the puck.. simple logic, simon!

Reactions: Jmo89

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ok smart ass... When a team needs a save, they can't rely on him... our PP.... we shouldn't need to have the leagues best PP to win games, our forward talent at any point in the game should give us the goals to win the game, shouldn't have to rely on the PP. Either way.. have a good night!

Ok Brah. We shouldn't ignore the fact that our PP has been perhaps the worst in the NHL during this slump and pretend that this isn't a factor contributing to us losing games.

You have a good night as well!

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Everytime we are losing, you come into our threads and like reactionary negative takes.

Example: We're f***ing garbage and will miss the playoffs.

You will like it.
I dont, I try to be honest with the post I like in here and the criticism given. But okay, ill see myself out, I guess im not a diehard enough to be in here

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Ok Brah. We shouldn't ignore the fact that our PP has been perhaps the worst in the NHL during this slump and pretend that this isn't a factor contributing to us losing games.

I never doubted the PP hasn't been good in this slump, but that shouldn't be the deciding factor on a game win ... at the end of the day, the goalie needs to make important saves, and Andersen has let in TERRIBLE goals that Campbell would have no issue saving. We don't see eye to eye.. that is fine, later.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
A lot of folks here wish your hot takes would disappear.

Even when we get a shutout there is always someone dumb enough to bitch and moan endlessly about our Franchise player and one of the top players in the entire league. Agendas are as toxic as your takes are hot.

Nobody forget which "leafs fans" are actually upset tonight.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Lots of teams have won without a stellar goalie but a capable one, or decent one that can battle (almost Khudobin). Murray in 2016 wasn't stellar, neither was Binnington in 2019, Holtby in 2018 (did make some big saves later on in playoffs though), & especially not Fleury in 2009. All good teams, some of those teams were just good teams starving for a capable goalie, much like Fleury continuously blowing it for Pittsburgh until Murray came in and did enough to get the job done.
yep, we've limited shots and even more importantly chances better than anytime i can remember in the past 20 years. i will take sound and capable any day of the week right now, lets hope soup can provide that. good thing is its not a full season either so he doesnt have to go from backup to playing a crazy amount of games.

Reactions: zeke

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

It would be one thing if we weren't able to get set up or get shots through, but if we're just hitting posts we're going to be fine if we keep doing what we're doing. I don't see any glaring systemic issues with it other than not getting enough traffic in front and not having Matthews' shot.

Reactions: zeke

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
not sure why you are getting hate, you have been posting about the leafs in a positive light...
He does, yes.

I just don't have much appreciation for people who like main board trolls posts bashing the Leafs.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I never doubted the PP hasn't been good in this slump, but that shouldn't be the deciding factor on a game win ... at the end of the day, the goalie needs to make important saves, and Andersen has let in TERRIBLE goals that Campbell would have no issue saving. We don't see eye to eye.. that is fine, later.

You're right, we don't. You said that Andersen is single handedly responsible for the slump which is complete nonsense.

Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad