Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Brah..... Andersen has single handedly responsible for our losing streak, the guy can't stop a beach ball, out of position 90 percent of the time, down on his knees leaving the 3rd top of the net for the taking ALL the time.. nah man... I say he goes on waivers or if Dubas can try and get something for him, do it.. and look for an upgrade on him and make Campbell our starter. He has had too many chances, time to say goodbye.

Again not saying he's played well most of the season... but the negativity is for real on this board sometimes. We win and we trash a guy not even playing. Just saying when we as fans do that enough it isn't a great look.

Not disagreeing... he has been bad lately ... just saying... focus could be on the good.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Absolutely is not working. But I am not going to say that because it is not working, is why we are losing games lol... Fred lets in muffins and ruins the teams confidence. Can't win games that way. Look at the difference Campbell made tonight. Nuff said.

Doesn't have to be just one thing, but I get it, everything would be ok if our goalie could make more saves

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Its not like it was a clean open look from the slot... it was deflected a couple of times.
Maybe the team needs to bear down at the start of a game more (always been an issue) and not let traffic like that cause a double tip in thru 3 players or was it 4.

Rational thought when reviewing anything helps.

Ok.. but how many times has he let in the first goal... many times. more then I can count since he has been here. However, I do agree with you.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It would be one thing if we weren't able to get set up or get shots through, but if we're just hitting posts we're going to be fine if we keep doing what we're doing. I don't see any glaring systemic issues with it other than not getting enough traffic in front and not having Matthews' shot.

I agree. And I know I'll get a ton of hate from the bitter people around here for saying this but Andersen has had some bad luck as well - most often when shots have a ton of traffic to get through they don't reach the net and when they do, they sometimes hit the goalie who can't react when he can't see the puck. That last game Calgary was just lucky that a couple of those goals went in, that's all there is to it. And that's not too different from us hitting the post several times tonight.

Not saying Andersen has been good - he hasn't. But it's tiresome to see 90% of the fanbase lose their minds every single time we give up a goal and blame Andersen 100% every time no matter what. Tavares set up a Calgary goal in the last game and hardly anyone even notices, they're too busy shitting on Andersen.

I hope Andersen never plays another game for us. Not only would that mean that someone else is doing a good job for us but also maybe the posts about him will die down after a while.

LOL!
later buds

All I did was quote your post, glad you found it amusing.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
If you really analyze the way we’ve been playing in the last 7 games , you have to come away with the knowledge that the Leafs have dominated their opponents other than those 2 games against the Sens and the Jets ..” eye Test “ handily in almost every category ( even without Stats and numbers and % ) , outplayed , out-chanced , possession wise , defensive coverage on and on except for some details on our special teams and goaltending and hitting...
We deserved a better fate in the other losses
Good solid tidy game tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: cipher

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Good thing to do on your part. It's been non-stop trashing of the Leafs on there the last couple weeks.
I don't go there much.

Were they trashing Andersen and stuff over there?

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
We play to win the STANLEY Cup
Not the Rocket Cup.
Or are we all missing something
Nope didnt think so.

I could care less if AM scores 60 or only 30 and we win a cup. The cup is all that matters.

Lets win a playoff round before we talk about the cup. Matthews is notorious for starting off hot then fading away. Buddy choked a 7 goal lead and misses open nets.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I love Galchenyuks game though, he hustles hard. Noticed him almost every shift, skates hard and plays hard, I love it. Matthews should've had at least 1 tonight, he's bound to start scoring again with the chances he generates.

Reactions: Budz

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hello and welcome to Hfboards.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a request, but it will be politely declined.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Hurt

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
We play to win the STANLEY Cup
Not the Rocket Cup.
Or are we all missing something
Nope didnt think so.

I could care less if AM scores 60 or only 30 and we win a cup. The cup is all that matters.
Amen brother.
With all the talk from us about players should play for the logo instead of their name, we tend to just want them to win individual awards than win the Cup

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I love Galchenyuks game though, he hustles hard. Noticed him almost every shift, skates hard and plays hard, I love it. Matthews should've had at least 1 tonight, he's bound to start scoring again with the chances he generates.
the real question is, is this just the typical bump in play for a few games with a new team. or can he actually grab the spot and hold it. he replaced vesey though so even if he cant i aint mad lol

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If you really analyze the way we’ve been playing in the last 7 games , you have to come away with the knowledge that the Leafs have dominated their opponents other than those 2 games against the Sens and the Nucks ..” eye Test “ handily in almost every category ( even without Stats and numbers and % ) , outplayed , out-chanced , possession wise , defensive coverage on and on except for some details on our special teams and goaltending and hitting...
We deserved a better fate in the other losses
Good solid tidy game tonight
I would say they could even won the Nucks game. The last game against the Jets was a game the boys didn’t play well along with the Sens game.

Reactions: Teeder Keon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad