Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Unless he makes comments like this when he lost the team the game based every possible metric

He's become very unlikeable. Acts like it's the teams fault every time he loses. There's a reason Keefe is coming out and holding him accountable now too.

What are you seeing here? Andersen is saying he could have done better on 3 of the goals and you're thinking that's a negative?

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
:( I feel bad for him cause he helped us a lot over the years. Sadly it’s come to this. The first 3 years were magical seeing the boys back in the playoffs.

Magical? We got dumped in the first round 4 straight times and Anderson was a big reason why.

Now, I do feel bad for Anderson as he seems like a good guy and popular with teammates like Matthews. However, since the start of last year he has been very poor and his tendency to give up soft goals has killed us and the teams morale. It's time to see what we have with Campbell and run with him for a while. None of this nonsense where he sits after 1 bad game.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Unless he makes comments like this when he lost the team the game based every possible metric

Well, it's pride coupled with his UFA status. I get how he feels. Positions like goaltender, pitching or QB leave a player generally exposed to criticism. You can make or break a team, a season, a series, more than the average player.

His problem is probably psychological. A heavy burden is weighing on him.

Campbell seems more upbeat., a "glass half full" type. He expects to make every save, when he doesn't, he feels expects to make the next one. All the greats have this confidence, quiet or not.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
just a bit of banter and discussion, I don’t take it personally at all man. I think people are being a bit hard on Tavares, but he does have an 11 mill cap hit so the expectations are going to be high
End of day man, you gotta be at min a ppg with that contract. Unless you are putting up 75 pts and playing bergeron level defense. Bottom line with that contract tbh.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
What are you seeing here? Andersen is saying he could have done better on 3 of the goals and you're thinking that's a negative?

He's deflecting blame as if he couldn't make a save. Other goalies can make saves through traffic, or does Andersen need every shot with no one in front of him for him to have a chance? He's in the wrong sport if he needs that much space. Maybe he can try golf.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Didnt really make any mistakes, other than the Rielly turnover that Gaudreau fired over, pretty good bounce back game for the leafs. Jack should be able to go on a run now with this confidence, and give Freddy time to get healthy again.

Also not a big fan of the ppl in Leafs Nations who seems to be more focused on kicking somebody whos down. Dont know why this is such a big problem in Leafs nation, I cant even compare it to fans from other sports, you just dont see it anywhere like here. Normally there is a great deal of respect to players that has played for you and been a big profile. The toxicity in this fan base needs to be called out man, and when I do I get called an "andersen apoligist" or some bs

Go like some more posts on the main board that trash our team why don’t ya?

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
Great effort by Campbell tonight. Especially on that old school pad stack to keep the puck out. That second effort is what the Leafs need from their goalie. Campbell deserves the next start, even if Freddy is ready to go. He can ride the bench. For quite some time.

HC7

May 2, 2018

He's deflecting blame as if he couldn't make a save. Other goalies can make saves through traffic, or does Andersen need every shot with no one in front of him for him to have a chance? He's in the wrong sport if he needs that much space. Maybe he can try golf.

I think Fred has been shit, but you're reading too far into things.

Reactions: TMLeafer

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
reminds me of washingtons cup season where holtby played like trash and was replaced midseason by grubauer, then came back in postseason and won the cup.
It's almost exactly like that. You could even say it's like Binnington taking over for Allen in 2019, Murray taking over for Fleury in 2016... Rask over Thomas in 2013, Grubauer & Holtby in 2018... just from recent years. Campbell is a bit older but looks like a late bloomer, I'm sure there's more examples that fit as well.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Didnt really make any mistakes, other than the Rielly turnover that Gaudreau fired over, pretty good bounce back game for the leafs. Jack should be able to go on a run now with this confidence, and give Freddy time to get healthy again.

Also not a big fan of the ppl in Leafs Nations who seems to be more focused on kicking somebody whos down. Dont know why this is such a big problem in Leafs nation, I cant even compare it to fans from other sports, you just dont see it anywhere like here. Normally there is a great deal of respect to players that has played for you and been a big profile. The toxicity in this fan base needs to be called out man, and when I do I get called an "andersen apoligist" or some bs

Welcome to Leafs Nation, you make some valid points but let's not pretend that every single pro sports fanbase doesn't have their whipping boy, who usually earns that designation through poor play for long periods of time.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019

His excuses and play are Sparks-esque at this point.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

"it's difficult on a night like tonight when everything finds its way through traffic."
How is he deflecting? That's an observation.
He was not happy with his game and sailing it was tough for him and he wants to do better.
Not sure this is what you Think it is

Eric Bungay

Jun 30, 2018
I slipped a few f bombs tonight but man was it ever refreshing to see this win tonight !!!! If not for the posts on the other end the game would have put away early in the 2nd period ! Good hard working game and everybody showed up tonight !! Can't say enough bout soupy an his game in net loves it !!
Go Leafs Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad