Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Never kick a man when he's down (unless he's a real you know what).

Freddie bailed out this team for a couple of years. He was lights out some of those games dealing with multiple 2 on 1s and breaks every game. Sometimes a goalie just loses his groove. Other times they find it suddenly. If not here, somewhere else.

Unless he plays for the opposing team (especially if that team is MTL). ;)

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
well I am also an Ontario certified teacher, so technically I have my certification in correcting grammar as well.

I don’t know JT personally, but I do know his confidence is probably low, he’s probably frustrated and it’s wearing on him. He seemed most at ease playing with Marner. So in order to recreate the feelings of success he previously had, it would be beneficial to give him time with Marner. Allow him to feel like he did a season ago to get him going and gain confidence again.

Okay we are not going to agree on this. Imo you don't award bad play, but you can have your theories too.

Shouldn't be attaching each other on here (I shouldn't poke fun at your certifications, sorry).

Anyway, I also wouldn't want to take Marner away from Matthews right now who is in a slump, and leading the league in goals.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That was just a game that felt good and our top guys didn't even really get the job done.

Just having good goaltending for a game was a relief. Huge props to Campbell. He's calm when he needs to be and will throw himself after a puck when that's required too.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Really enjoyed those "uNsToPpAbLe ShOtS" that Campbell stopped.

Some were even *gasp* tipped! Haha, in all seriousness I have no ill will towards Andersen but he is obviously not the guy to be trotting out there game after game at this point. He can still turn it around and maybe riding backup for a few weeks will help him sort things out to not be a liability.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He hasn't been good but let's be honest its like there is more Andy hate than leafs win and good for Campbell.
It's natural when he's free falled you from a 1st place lock to battling it out for a top-3 spot.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
It's been such a shame how much we've been sunk by goaltending during the last little while. Team plays well, but is sunk by the goalie not being able to stop anything remotely difficult.

Feels nice to have a half decent goalie in net after that

Reactions: stickty111

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Matthews is playing pissed off I love it, good he's showing some emotion, he'll start potting goals again once he breaks the ice. Tkachuck being a greasy f*** continuously hitting Muzz's cage, you can play on the line but that's just too disrespectful, intent to injure really (real talk though he's effective at doing what he does). He's lucky Muzz's cage is on and Simmonds's wrist isn't 100% yet.

Story of the night though is CAMPBELL! We have a good starting goalie and a backup with high upside. He got tested and made some pretty impressive saves... in Campbell we trust.

upload_2021-3-20_23-2-14.png

Reactions: Subway Schenn

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Okay we are not going to agree on this. Imo you don't award bad play, but you can have your theories too.

Shouldn't be attaching each other on here (I shouldn't poke fun at your certifications, sorry).

Anyway, I also wouldn't want to take Marner away from Matthews right now who is in a slump, and leading the league in goals.

just a bit of banter and discussion, I don’t take it personally at all man. I think people are being a bit hard on Tavares, but he does have an 11 mill cap hit so the expectations are going to be high

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews is playing pissed off I love it, good he's showing some emotion, he'll start potting goals again once he breaks the ice. Tkachuck being a greasy f*** continuously hitting Muzz's cage, you can play on the line but that's just too disrespectful, intent to injure really (real talk though he's effective at doing what he does). He's lucky Muzz's cage is on and Simmonds's wrist isn't 100% yet.

Story of the night though is CAMPBELL! We have a good starting goalie and a backup with high upside. He got tested and made some pretty impressive saves... in Campbell we trust.
Ebbs and flows. Despite the non-stop panic in the GDT I thought Matthews has been shooting much better these last couple nights. And now he's got another 4 days to rest too.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh man, pins and needles.

If Campbell is a viable, Corey Crawford type of starter...that just solves so many problems for us. Hyman & Rielly re-signed, all the time in the world to develop a replacement

There's way too many question marks for me to think that Campbell is likely to be the answer but it's possible for sure and you just never know. No harm in dreaming in any case. Hopefully he gets a chance to run with the starters job and we'll see what he can do.

If he doesn't get the next start then I don't even know what to say. I won't be happy, let's just leave it at that.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Is that seriously all you can run on about? Back away and go do something else besides bitch and moan like an ex wife.

Meh he had me fooled we were finishing 1st in the North and he was gunna win the rocket. Then he started his yearly disappearing act.

Reactions: stealth1

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Nice to see this team with good goaltending. I am praying that Campbell is the real deal. Please.

With good goaltending, the Leafs are clearly a fantastic team. We dominated all night, never took the foot of the gas. Once our PP gets going again we're going to be really, really scary.

Reactions: saltming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad