Proposal: J.T. Miller to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Because as of now Kerfoot fills an important role on the team, one that would be minimized with the addition of Miller and the possible infusion of Dzingel into the forward group.
I don’t understand what you’re saying. What I’m saying is why should Vancouver do the leg work for Toronto to get the picks they want.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly you are completely out to lunch in this thread.
Miller is absolutely worth a Top Prospect, and 2 1st rounders.
There is zero trade restrictions, There is a bidding war, and he has literally bypassed expectations every week, month, and year.
Especially at 50% Retained.
Miller is not a rental, Tell me the last time a PPG 3 position PPG forward on his contract became available?

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I don’t understand what you’re saying. What I’m saying is why should Vancouver do the leg work for Toronto to get the picks they want.
I guess if Vancouver management insisted on Toronto doing the leg work of moving the cap ballast first then sure why not? Does it make Canuck fans feel better seeing an extra 2nd and 3rd vs dermott and kerf?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Miller wouldnt fetch as much as Eichel. Eichel is a legit franchise piece signed long term.

A Miller trade if it were to happen would look something like a 1st and a prospect, say Robertson and probably salary.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
How does this relate to your point that Krebs is not a far better prospect than Knies?
Like I already said I mixed up Knies and Niemela’s rankings. If Vancouver would rather one of Niemela Robertson or Amirov who all ranked similarly to krebs by all means…

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Miller wouldnt fetch as much as Eichel. Eichel is a legit franchise piece signed long term.

A Miller trade if it were to happen would look something like a 1st and a prospect, say Robertson and probably salary.
Eichel is 10m Per year, coming off major surgery, is a 1 position player.
Yes, JT Miller is worth Eichel, He is actually most likely worth more at 50% Retained.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Why wouldn't they?
The person I was quoting was trying to dismiss the list as incomplete or incorrect due to players with 25 games in the nhl being excluded, so that would also include quality young players on Toronto like liljegren & Sandin.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Eichel is 10m Per year, coming off major surgery, is a 1 position player.
Yes, JT Miller is worth Eichel, He is actually most likely worth more at 50% Retained.
Who cares if he only plays 1 position when it’s literally the most important position?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I guess if Vancouver management insisted on Toronto doing the leg work of moving the cap ballast first then sure why not? Does it make Canuck fans feel better seeing an extra 2nd and 3rd vs dermott and kerf?
Well if someone offered you $100 dollars for a rookie card or 2-3 other cards for that rookie card that MIGHT get you slightly more. But you have to sell them. What chance would you take? I would take the guarantee.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not Kerfoot and Dermott that's for sure. If teams want Miller now they should have to pay through the nose. 1st plus two top prospects with no salary going back to Vancouver. If the asking price isn't met they can just keep him and try again at the draft or even sign him to an extension.

So you really don't want to trade him and almost no team in the league can afford that nor would it be in their interest to do so.

The Canucks also can't afford to sign him to an extension.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Well if someone offered you $100 dollars for a rookie card or 2-3 other cards for that rookie card that MIGHT get you slightly more. But you have to sell them. What chance would you take? I would take the guarantee.
You don’t generally see that happen though, in order to facilitate the trade 5.25 while being more than fair value for his on ice production is still a significant chunk to add to any teams payroll. If there’s a way to maneuver a 3 way deal where the outgoing player goes directly to a third team acquiring the ballast then sure work it out.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Like I already said I mixed up Knies and Niemela’s rankings. If Vancouver would rather one of Niemela Robertson or Amirov who all ranked similarly to krebs by all means…
Those rankings as pointed out by another poster are done by a Leafs writer. Its clearly heavily biased towards the Leafs best prospects. In general the rankings are pretty brutal. Unless you really think Robertson and Amriov are better prospects than Edvinsson, Boldy, Othmann etc

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So you really don't want to trade him and almost no team in the league can afford that nor would it be in their interest to do so.

The Canucks also can't afford to sign him to an extension.

How do you figure the Canucks can't afford to sign him to an extension that won't kick in until 2023-24? They have plenty of time to move other contracts out before then.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The person I was quoting was trying to dismiss the list as incomplete or incorrect due to players with 25 games in the nhl being excluded, so that would also include quality young players on Toronto like liljegren & Sandin.

That was me, I criticized it as being written by their Toronto Maple Leafs writer and I criticized the list for omitting anyone with 25 games played midway through this season as bad methodology.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

As long as it's a 1st and a prospect we actually need along with no Kerfoot or Dermott involved, than we have a something, at the very least we have the makings of a good trade, instead of just a late first along with players we don't need and a prospect who would be redundant, like the OP.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
As long as it's a 1st and a prospect we actually need along with no Kerfoot or Dermott involved, than we have a something, at the very least we have the makings of a good trade, instead of just a late first along with players we don't need and a prospect who would be redundant, like the OP.
The players are mostly there for cap not value. Could be flipped

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
You don’t generally see that happen though, in order to facilitate the trade 5.25 while being more than fair value for his on ice production is still a significant chunk to add to any teams payroll. If there’s a way to maneuver a 3 way deal where the outgoing player goes directly to a third team acquiring the ballast then sure work it out.
For sure but if Vancouver wants a 2nd and 3rd in the deal instead of accepting players and than doing the leg work why not just trade with a team that will give you everything you wanted.

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
The reported offer from the Rangers, which is not a "quoted HF price", is Lundkvist, Krav and a 1st, that beats the leafs offer every day of the week and we don't have to take players we don't want back.

It also isn't "massive overpay"

Personally, I don't think so.. but it depends how you value Kravtsov. I don't see Lundkvist as anything more than a B prospect. I still think Knies is the best prospect in the deal, but hey that's up for debate.

Even if
Kravtsov > Knies
Dermott > Lundkvist
1st = 1st
4th
Kerfoot (likely would get a 2nd+B prospect).

Still an overpay and a better package in this deal. Again though, I get argue incompetence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad