Proposal: J.T. Miller to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
I quoted 2

I see so you are just going to double down on it.

This was the first quote

"From Toronto its going to cost you at least 2 1st, Knives, and another grade A prospect. and I doubt we take that offer because it doesnt fit any of our needs"

This poster asked for 2 1sts + Knives and a prospect.. Where did he say anything about adding 2 1sts to the original offer, which had 1st + Knives+ Kerfoot and Dermott?

The second quote

“1st + kerfoot + knies is okay but there better be another really good + here (1st or good prospect).”

Again, this poster is asking for another 1st , not 2 1sts ON TOP OF the original offer.

This is basic reading comprehension.

Reactions: Canuck Luck

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
This is horrible for the Canucks.
A first and a top prospect along with two reasonable replacements? This is JT miller not mcdavid. Knies goes top 20 maybe higher in a redraft, first is a first. Kerfoot pacing for 55pts with no PP time whatsoever.
Doubt Toronto touches this tbh unless Vans eating half the cap

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
A first and a top prospect along with two reasonable replacements? This is JT miller not mcdavid. Knies goes top 20 maybe higher in a redraft, first is a first. Kerfoot pacing for 55pts with no PP time whatsoever.
Doubt Toronto touches this tbh unless Vans eating half the cap

OP changed the prospect from Ty Voit to Knies after I posted that. Now it's more of a fair offer but Miller @ 5.25 for another year after this one has a lot of value.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
More than what you'll actually get for Miller
Nothing is more annoying than somebody who offers a God Awful package for a player who has no Trade Restrictions, who has been a star for 3 years now, and then suddenly gets pissy that people are calling him out for it.

Just admit it was a terrible proposal and move on, jeez

Reactions: habsfan44

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
OP changed the prospect from Ty Voit to Knies after I posted that. Now it's more of a fair offer but Miller @ 5.25 for another year after this one has a lot of value.
That’s still more value than Vegas gave up for Eichel, and still a lot more than toffoli who has more term and a lower AAV. I think a first, a top prospect and roster player is about all van can hope for. Maybe an extra asset like a voit/hirvonen/3rd rounder but I have been following these threads and the typical Vancouver fan ask is way out of line, which makes sense cause of the jealousy westerns hold for all things Toronto.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I see so you are just going to double down on it.

This was the first quote

"From Toronto its going to cost you at least 2 1st, Knives, and another grade A prospect. and I doubt we take that offer because it doesnt fit any of our needs"

This poster asked for 2 1sts + Knives and a prospect.. Where did he say anything about adding 2 1sts to the original offer, which had 1st + Knives+ Kerfoot and Dermott?

The second quote

“1st + kerfoot + knies is okay but there better be another really good + here (1st or good prospect).”

Again, this poster is asking for another 1st , not 2 1sts ON TOP OF the original offer.

This is basic reading comprehension.
I wasnt saying on top of the og offer i was saying those are outrageous asks and u summed up the offers pretty well so thanks

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hey, even New York Rangers fans are calling the offer out as crap, and we've just had a month of being at each others throats about the exact same subject.

The offer is really Knies and a first. I like Knies, but he's not a "top prospect". Kerfoot might be a great top six player for Toronto, so keep him. We don't want or need Dermott in any capacity either.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That’s still more value than Vegas gave up for Eichel, and still a lot more than toffoli who has more term and a lower AAV. I think a first, a top prospect and roster player is about all van can hope for. Maybe an extra asset like a voit/hirvonen/3rd rounder but I have been following these threads and the typical Vancouver fan ask is way out of line, which makes sense cause of the jealousy westerns hold for all things Toronto.

No it's not. Kerfoot is nowhere near as valuable an asset as Tuch and Knies is a good prospect winger as opposed to a great prospect center in Krebs. It's ridiculous to even compare the two packages.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honest Question, Why do you think it's so out of the ordinary for asking,
3 Significant Pieces for a PPG player, who plays all positions, Who is gritty, Who is clutch, Who has a great Contract, No Trade restrictions and could be retained for 50% and STILL has a year left on his deal.

Not to mention the Miller is not Injury Prone, and Performed at a PPG Clip in the most recent playoffs (The Canucks were in).

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
No it's not. Kerfoot is nowhere near as valuable an asset as Tuch and Knies is a good prospect winger as opposed to a great prospect center in Krebs. It's ridiculous to even compare the two packages.
Lol at krebs being a far better prospect.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Honest Question, Why do you think it's so out of the ordinary for asking,
3 Significant Pieces for a PPG player, who plays all positions, Who is gritty, Who is clutch, Who has a great Contract, No Trade restrictions and could be retained for 50% and STILL has a year left on his deal.

Not to mention the Miller is not Injury Prone, and Performed at a PPG Clip in the most recent playoffs.
Vancouver missed the most recent playoffs wdym?
Are you trying to compare nearly 30 year old JT miller with one year of term to jack Eichel locked in for 4 years? Now I know why these threads never go anywhere.
A first a top prospect a roster player and maybe an additional asset like a mid pick or another non top prospect would be a good haul for Vancouver.
Also the offer has 3 significant pieces. A first, a top 30 prospect and a middle 6 roster player who fills the hole created by the trade. Kerfoot is on pace for over 55pts while getting no pp time and is a real asset on the PK. But again, he’s a leaf so he sucks.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The reported offer from the Rangers, which is not a "quoted HF price", is Lundkvist, Krav and a 1st, that beats the leafs offer every day of the week and we don't have to take players we don't want back.

It also isn't "massive overpay"
If the Rangers had officially offered Lundkvist, Krav and a 1st, Miller would had been a Ranger by now.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Hey, even New York Rangers fans are calling the offer out as crap, and we've just had a month of being at each others throats about the exact same subject.

The offer is really Knies and a first. I like Knies, but he's not a "top prospect". Kerfoot might be a great top six player for Toronto, so keep him. We don't want or need Dermott in any capacity either.
Knies currently ranks within the top 30 of nhl prospects, that by definition is a “top prospect” if you’re not a fan of Knies, Robertson ranked top 20…. But let me guess they’re leafs so they’re overrated

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
A first a top prospect a roster player and maybe an additional asset like a mid pick or another non top prospect would be a good haul for Vancouver.

That's basically what Canucks' fans are asking for. It's the "top prospect" and "roster player" part that usually ends up in arguments.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
I wonder if the "westerns" were jealous when the Leafs were flopping around at the bottom of the league not so long ago ? What a ridiculous thing to say .

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Krebs was viewed as a top 15 prospect in the league at the time of the trade and plays a much more valuable position.
Krebs came in at 18, Robertson 20, Amirov 21… same wheel house. If you want another lottery ticket in the 3-4th to make up for perceived positional value fine, but to discredit the leaf prospects as crap it’s not going to fly.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
guarantee if u made a poll, the overwhelming majority of hf takes krebs over knies. take the homer glasses off
THW mid season rankings had Krebs at 18, Robertson at 20, Amirov 21 and Knies 40? I’m sure krebs would be higher valued but it’s not a great chasm, especially after the Olympic showing.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I wonder if the "westerns" were jealous when the Leafs were flopping around at the bottom of the league not so long ago ? What a ridiculous thing to say .
Well as someone who lives in Vancouver I can attest there’s a definite jealousy factor at play between the two cities, but it’s a one way street of little brother being jelly of big brother.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad