Proposal: J.T. Miller to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
Value is decent I guess, but the quantity for quality offers never excite anyone. I think this offer is beaten quite easily by other contending teams
lmao Toffoli went for a 1st, 5th, Heineman and Pitlick
with my offer you get more picks, a better prospect, and ready NHLers that you can flip for picks.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Canucks fans will be very disappointed if he gets traded on what he returns. That is a 1st + our top prospect + a middle 6 center/winger + a good #5 dman + for a guy with 1.5 years left of term. And fans are saying add another first + lol

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Leafs forwards would be insane with Miller. But this trade doesn’t really make a lot of sense to me for two reasons :

1. Its very likely that a different team would offer something more appealing to the Canucks.

2. If Toronto were to throw a big package like this at a player, wouldn’t they want that player to be a defenceman? Or even a goaltender? Could be wrong here Leafs fans but to me Toronto’s forwards look pretty good.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Canucks fans will be very disappointed if he gets traded on what he returns. That is a 1st + our top prospect + a middle 6 center/winger + a good #5 dman + for a guy with 1.5 years left of term. And fans are saying add another first + lol
No we are saying remove dermott for something more appealing… we don’t need your cap dump. Heck the offer Is better without dermott anyways and/or up the prospect from knies to something greater.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

Highly doubtful. Players of Miller's caliber (and with term) aren't traded for scraps. In any case most of us want to re-sign him.

As per usual with this OP and Toronto proposals, Vancouver politely declines.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'd love to see what the real deal will look like (if Vancouver actually trades him) as opposed to what fans think the deal will look like. I think this proposal is much closer to what Vancouver will get for JT Miller if they decide to trade him. GMs ain't going to give up top prospects for 2 playoff runs with this guy and the 2022 first round pick will be late anyway. You're not trading him to a lottery team. Be realistic. But, we shall see.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I don’t think a 1st + good prospect + is asking too much…

It’s when you start adding on dermott/ cap dumps you lose us.

so drop dermott and either up the prospect (from knies to something greater) and/or add a better pick.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
A whole lot of nothing. Typical Leafs proposal lol

1st + Knies is not nothing.

JT Miller is a phenomenal player but it just doesn't make sense for us. He's strictly a rental and the price would be way too high for us. Top prospect + 1st rounder for half a season + 1 playoff run of Miller is not worth it for us. If we were able to re-sign him or at least attempt to re-sign him, I'd be willing to add to bring him over but this is strictly 1 playoff run. He'll be getting 8M + on his next deal for sure.

If we're moving our 1st + a top prospect, I would prefer to go after a legitimate top 4 D-man or a physical winger who can chip in on offence. Scoring is not a need for us, we need a physical player with good size who knows how to throw his weight around. Which is what Knies projects to be in a couple of years. 6'3, 210 lbs LW who also has great hands. His ceiling is like a physical JVR, his floor is like Colby Armstrong.

Obviously adding JT Miller immediately makes us a better team, but there's other holes on the roster that should be priortized. Top 4D + Physical top 6 or at least middle 6 winger.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
I'm not exactly sure what the Canucks are looking for. Are they trying to rebuild? If so, you can trade both Dermott and Kerfoot for even more picks. Knies is a pretty good prospect.
They are not looking to rebuild. Most recently management clearly stated not a rebuild. Bunch of picks and b rated prospects does nothing for Canucks. I even doubt they value a first round pick very highly. They’re likely looking at nhl ready prospects or very young nhl players. This deal does nothing for the Canucks.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
I don't see how Toronto doesn't get fleeced on this deal. Toronto hate continues.. Kerfoot is a solid top 9 player, Knies is big riser, Dermott is a bottom pairing D, 1st/4th.

Can quote this post when Miller doesn't go anywhere close to this value.
Canuck fans can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they're looking for a solid third liner , Knies is a shiny toy but probably the best piece in the offer , Dermott is an overrated bottom pair defender and a late first and fourth are hardly awe inspiring . I fail to see the "Toronto hate" but I am detecting more than a hint of homerism .

Last edited:

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
Canuck fans can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they're looking for a solid third liner , Knives is a shiny toy but probably the best piece in the offer , Dermott is an overrated bottom pair defender and a late first and fourth are hardly awe inspiring . I fail to see the "Toronto hate" but I am detecting more than a hint of homerism .
It’s a pretty easy question.. point to a comparable deal for a player like Miller then see the above return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad