Proposal: J.T. Miller to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
OK wtf, am I in a world where miller is worth 3 1sts?
cmon Van fans. pull your head out of where ever you guys have it.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I'd love to see what the real deal will look like (if Vancouver actually trades him) as opposed to what fans think the deal will look like. I think this proposal is much closer to what Vancouver will get for JT Miller if they decide to trade him. GMs ain't going to give up top prospects for 2 playoff runs with this guy and the 2022 first round pick will be late anyway. You're not trading him to a lottery team. Be realistic. But, we shall see.

History says otherwise. Any player of Miller's caliber has netted a 1st + a top prospect or a 1st + a Knies level prospect +

More than what you'll actually get for Miller
You're right in the sense that if thats the best offer, Miller stays a Canuck. Kerfoot and Dermott hold 0 value to the Canucks. This trade to Canucks fans is essentially a 1st + Knies + 4th for Miller.

Idk why most Toronto fans get their panties in a bunch and cant wrap their heads around the fact that we dont care about Kerfoot or Dermott. You could take them out of the offer completely and we'd actually prefer it! That 5M in cap space has more value to us than the value of the 2 players bring on the ice to the Canucks. Now y'all claim they could be moved for a 2nd + 3rd, great then you go ahead and trade them and just give us those picks instead.

So what im getting from this thread is JT Miller is worth more than Eichel

So what you're saying is:
Kerfoot + Dermott Knies + 2022 1st + 2023 4th > Tuch + Krebs + 2023 1st + upgrading 2024 3rd to 2024 2nd

Well lets break this down:

Kerfoot is much MUCH worse of a player than Tuch.
Knies is a much worse prospect compared to Krebs.
A late 2022 1st is worse than a late 2023 1st
A 2023 4th round pick is worse than upgrading from a 2024 3rd to a 2024 2nd
Dermott beats nothing BUT does not come close to making up for the value lost in all the other pieces.

So what offer has been made thats more than what was paid for Eichel? What ask have Canucks fans had thats above what Eichel returned?

Majority of Canucks fans are looking for 2 1sts + 2nd + small add. Krebs + 2023 1st are worth more than 2 1sts. Tuch is worth more than a 2nd + small add. swapping a 3rd for a 2nd is worth more than nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
History says otherwise. Any play of Miller's caliber has netted a 1st + a top prospect or a 1st + a Knies level prospect +

You're right in the sense that if thats the best offer, Miller stays a Canuck. Kerfoot and Dermott hold 0 value to the Canucks. This trade to Canucks fans is essentially a 1st + Knies + 4th for Miller.

Idk why most Toronto fans get their panties in a bunch and cant wrap their heads around the fact that we dont care about Kerfoot or Dermott. You could take them out of the offer completely and we'd actually prefer it! That 5M in cap space has more value to us than the value of the 2 players bring on the ice to the Canucks. Now y'all claim they could be moved for a 2nd + 3rd, great then you go ahead and trade them and just give us those picks instead.

So what you're saying is:
Kerfoot + Dermott Knies + 2022 1st + 2023 4th > Tuch + Krebs + 2023 1st + upgrading 2024 3rd to 2024 2nd

Well lets break this down:

Kerfoot is much MUCH worse of a player than Tuch.
Knies is a much worse prospect compared to Krebs.
A late 2022 1st is worse than a late 2023 1st
A 2023 4th round pick is worse than upgrading from a 2024 3rd to a 2024 2nd
Dermott beats nothing BUT does not come close to making up for the value lost in all the other pieces.

So what offer has been made thats more than what was paid for Eichel? What ask have Canucks fans had thats above what Eichel returned?

Majority of Canucks fans are looking for 2 1sts + 2nd + small add. Krebs + 2023 1st are worth more than 2 1sts. Tuch is worth more than a 2nd + small add. swapping a 3rd for a 2nd is worth more than nothing.
wait a min, you think Tuch+Kerbs and a 1st is a real offer??? HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
Here's a suggestion , make an offer that works for both teams not just the Leafs . A third liner , a bottom pairing defender and a bunch of maybe isn't it and I think you know that .

Going by history.. forwards never get traded for the speculated price. There’s been a couple occurrences like Duchene where it’s turned out.

St Louis traded Tage Thompson, Berglund (on his way out), Sobotka (on his way out), 1st and a 2nd for Selke center.

So like we can go back and forth all day on “value” reality is HF value does not match real value lol

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
wait a min, you think Tuch+Kerbs and a 1st is a real offer??? HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I’d be laughing at your reading comprehension tbh.
1. I’m quoting a poster that said canuck fans want more than what eichel returned.

2. Where on earth did you get the idea that I said Buffalo would offer their return for Jack eichel to us?

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Going by history.. forwards never get traded for the speculated price. There’s been a couple occurrences like Duchene where it’s turned out.

St Louis traded Tage Thompson, Berglund (on his way out), Sobotka (on his way out), 1st and a 2nd for Selke center.

So like we can go back and forth all day on “value” reality is HF value does not match real value lol
Because other teams made mistakes doesn't mean the Canucks are obligated to do the same .

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
To Vancouver:
1st round pick 2022
4th round pick 2023
Alex Kerfoot
Travis Dermott
Matthew Knies

To Toronto: J.T. Miller

We've been down this road, the thread was closed for a reason.

Leafs fans please, please, please, for f***s sakes, how can we make this more clear, WE DON'T WANT KERFOOT OR DERMOTT!

Please, I don't care how valuable they are to your team, I don't care that they are worth mid round draft picks, I don't care how many points Kerfoot has, we don't want either of them.

Stop including them in proposals.

Even with the players mentioned not included this offer would be beat, a low first, a mid round pick, and a winger which we have a gluttony of.

This does nothing really for our needs other than the low first. Which is the biggest reason most of us have an issue with it.

Reactions: Canuck Luck

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs forwards would be insane with Miller. But this trade doesn’t really make a lot of sense to me for two reasons :

1. Its very likely that a different team would offer something more appealing to the Canucks.

2. If Toronto were to throw a big package like this at a player, wouldn’t they want that player to be a defenceman? Or even a goaltender? Could be wrong here Leafs fans but to me Toronto’s forwards look pretty good.

Came in here to say this. Miller would be a huge add and probably make the Leaf's the deepest top 9 in the league but I feel like the resources used here would be better used on a guy like Chychrun who we know is going to get traded for sure.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Came in here to say this. Miller would be a huge add and probably make the Leaf's the deepest top 9 in the league but I feel like the resources used here would be better used on a guy like Chychrun who we know is going to get traded for sure.

If leafs fans think this is accurate to what Miller would get I can't wait to see what they think Chychrun is worth.......

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
Because other teams made mistakes doesn't mean the Canucks are obligated to do the same .

It definitely doesn’t and if someone wants to offer a massive overpay good on them. The reality is quoted HF prices never match reality..

see Eichel trade as the most current example

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It definitely doesn’t and if someone wants to offer a massive overpay good on them. The reality is quoted HF prices never match reality..

The reported offer from the Rangers, which is not a "quoted HF price", is Lundkvist, Krav and a 1st, that beats the leafs offer every day of the week and we don't have to take players we don't want back.

It also isn't "massive overpay"

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006

Another way to say that would be , if another team wants to pay what Miller is worth then good on them . The reality is we won't know the reality until he's actually traded and previous trades by other teams will have little to no bearing on what the Canucks receive as compensation when he is moved .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad