Speculation: J.T. Miller for Kevin Fiala +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What is your point in relation to the post you quoted?

That it's a really awful way to draw conclusions about players or their value. Unless you guys agree that Boeser's value takes a hit because he's never scored more than 56 points.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If your last post had a point other than whining about how Minnesota isn't including their top defense prospect, we all missed it.

You mean proving a point about how much you are overvaluing it, yah, sorry logic and facts come off as whining, guess your bias is showing.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
That it's a really awful way to draw conclusions about players or their value. Unless you guys agree that Boeser's value takes a hit because he's never scored more than 56 points.

I'd say his point was more that someone like Fiala doesn't really give us anything that we don't already have and doesn't in any way address a need.

Reactions: Draino

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd say his point was more that someone like Fiala doesn't really give us anything that we don't already have and doesn't in any way address a need.

I'm sure that was part of what he was saying.

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver

exactly. Why would the Canucks trade one of their most valued assets to get something redundant in return? They have major holes on D and the third line Centre position....thats what they need to address. Either get a guy that an win draws, can play a shut down role and contribute offensively once in a while, or get a top 4 d man so I dont have to watch Myers and Poolman handle the puck like a hand grenade on the atrocious PK. Canucks dont need Fiala, they have enough guys that can fill in that role

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
LMAO good one :laugh:

You clearly know nothing about Marcus foligno, or Brandon duhaime specifically. Your lol shows you don't know anything about them. Minnesota wouldn't trade for it Miller because they need some tough guys. Brandon duhaime and Marcus foligno could both take out JT Miller and that's saying it kindly. Minnesota would trade for JT because he's not turnovers prone, and is good.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
If that was your take away from that post, its probably best if you show yourself out. That is a brutal take for the post you replied to. Unless your point was that over the past 3 seasons Miller has single handedly out produced those 3 players combined and he does the other things they do to - then its an acceptable take.

That is exactly my take. But instead of reading what I wrote, you just attacked like how people do before reading other's post. I literally wrote Minnesota wouldn't trade for JT because he's tough, or can fight. Nowhere did I say he's not good, or Minnesota wouldn't trade for him because of his skills

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd thought Fiala was one of the building blocks for the Wild, and now they have to add to him to get... JT Miller? Lol

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
One guy will be negotiating a contract this summer as a 25 year old RFA. The other guy next summer as a 30 year old UFA.

Okay so we'll give you Rathbone for Dumba. Rathbone is a 22 yr old negotiating RFA this summer, the other guy is a 29 year old UFA next summer. That should negate the difference in value of players right?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Okay so we'll give you Rathbone for Dumba. Rathbone is a 22 yr old negotiating RFA this summer, the other guy is a 29 year old UFA next summer. That should negate the difference in value of players right?

Just to be clear, you're directly comparing Jack Rathbone with Kevin Fiala, correct?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I bet you thought that this was an intelligent response? Didn't you?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Just for kicks, does anybody have a guess as to what a JT Miller extension would look like after this season? Let's assume he comes at least pretty close to PPG season.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just for kicks, does anybody have a guess as to what a JT Miller extension would look like after this season? Let's assume he comes at least pretty close to PPG season.

My guess is something like 6-7 years, 8-8.5M

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just as intelligent as thinking a 3 year age gap and contract status makes up for difference in a huge difference in player value
If there was a huge difference between Fiala and Miller, you might have a point. Sadly, you failed again.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
If there was a huge difference between Fiala and Miller, you might have a point. Sadly, you failed again.
no more like it just goes to show how limited your hockey knowledge is that you think an almost ppg player whom can play all 3 forward positions, is a top faceoff guy in the league, and plays pk is worth the same as a 50-60 point winger that seldom pks. All because the worse player is 3 years younger and has his contract ending this season making him a RFA. Not to mention the rumors' of his asking price being unreasonably high which was why the Wild don't want to commit to him. The organization you're cheering for clearly doesn't think highly enough of him either hence the 1 yr deal and constant rumors of looking to move him.

If he's worth JT Miller, riddle me this, why doesn't Minnesota just re-sign and keep him? Why the constant rumors he's on the block? As you said, Miller is older and a UFA in a year. Why trade him 1 for 1 for Miller then?

Last edited:
Reactions: Draino

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
no more like it just goes to show how limited your hockey knowledge is that you think an almost ppg player whom can play all 3 forward positions, is a top faceoff guy in the league, and plays pk is worth the same as a 50-60 point winger that seldom pks.
Since the start of the 19-20 season-
Miller has 49 goals in 141 games with his most common linemates being Elias Petterson and Brock Boeser

Fiala has 46 goals in 132 games with his most common linemates being Marcus Johansson, Ryan Hartman, Freddy Gaudreau, Marcus Foligno, and Joel Eriksson Ek

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
There is, both are good players, but one is ppg and the other is around a .75 guy. Also C vs W, and Miller is PP1 and Pk1 with solid face off stats. That all creates a rather decent divide between their values.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Miller has 49 goals in 141 games with his most common linemates being Elias Petterson and Brock Boeser

Fiala has 46 goals in 132 games with his most common linemates being Marcus Johansson, Ryan Hartman, Freddy Gaudreau, Marcus Foligno, and Joel Eriksson Ek

This argument doesn't work for Canucks fans. I've tried it numerous times with Boeser, which should be an even more clear comparison, and they don't seem to understand it.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

Miller has been playing and producing away from EP and BB. I think that is where the bad chemistry comes from. He has also been removed from their PP.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

easy to cherry pick stats for a narrative. Fiala is a one dimensional sniper. Miller is a 2-way forward. Of course when you cherry pick just goals its going to make Fiala look better as thats his best and main attribute he brings to the table. He doesn't bring much else.

I can do that too:

2019-2022 Fiala: 30 goals even strength
2019-2022 Miller: 34 goals even strength

Looks like Fiala's main attribute is only better because he gets more opportunity on the PP since only Kaprizov is ahead of him for primary puck handler. Whereas Miller is our 3rd primary handler.

Olli Jokinen was a PPG playing with a horrible cast in Florida, greener pastures and better linemates didnt equate to better stats. Some players do better being the big fish in a small pond. Theres no guarantee Fiala would produce more in another environment.

Like I said before, why trade the younger RFA Fiala for Miller if he has the same value? Why take on the older player thats a UFA? They hold the same value according to you. So why not keep the younger "cost controlled" player.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
easy to cherry pick stats for a narrative. Fiala is a one dimensional sniper. Miller is a 2-way forward. Of course when you cherry pick just goals its going to make Fiala look better as thats his best and main attribute he brings to the table. He doesn't bring much else.

I can do that too:

2019-2022 Fiala: 30 goals even strength
2019-2022 Miller: 34 goals even strength

Looks like Fiala's main attribute is only better because he gets more opportunity on the PP since only Kaprizov is ahead of him for primary puck handler. Whereas Miller is our 3rd primary handler.

Olli Jokinen was a PPG playing with a horrible cast in Florida, greener pastures and better linemates didnt equate to better stats. Some players do better being the big fish in a small pond. Theres no guarantee Fiala would produce more in another environment.

Like I said before, why trade the younger RFA Fiala for Miller if he has the same value? Why take on the older player thats a UFA? They hold the same value according to you. So why not keep the younger "cost controlled" player.
You're so lost in this argument that you're making my point for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad