Speculation: J.T. Miller for Kevin Fiala +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
1st line PPG player for 2nd line player (roughly .75 PPG player)
#2/3 Dman for a #4/5

seems fair to me
unfortunately the #4/5 dman is paid like #2 for this and two more seasons and has therefore negative value.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Trading one of the teams most valuable pieces and not addressing any of the team's weaknesses... seems smart.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I would be surprised if Minnesota parted with their 1st round pick in this years draft, if I were Benning I would target one of their defensive prospects maybe Lambos or O’Rourke.

I’ve heard that Benning was asking about the availability of Swedish RD Filip Johansson though, so a pick may also be in play since Johansson isn’t as well known or coveted as Lambos, O’Rourke or even Daemon Hunt.
I could see Hunt or maybe O’Rourke, but Lambos is not getting traded

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
trading the teams leading scorer is peak benning

It would actually be the best move for the team considering where we stand right now. But he doesn't trade players when they hold good value, he lets them walk for free.

Trading JT would be RETOOL on the fly 3.0 for the Canucks, but it would be the best move the team could make to help them out down the road by bringing in assets to fit with their core aged players...takes a S M R T GM to make that kind of move though. Canucks have a D M B GM tho, who after a dreadful season decided to keep same coach...

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I like fiala, have nothing against him. However, doesn’t make sense to trade Miller for him. Canucks need RHD and/or a Swiss Army knife that can take draws too.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I like fiala, have nothing against him. However, doesn’t make sense to trade Miller for him. Canucks need RHD and/or a Swiss Army knife that can take draws too.
Mats Zuccarello has a quality FO percentage if you would like that. his veteran leadership has been toted for quite some time now since his ranger days!

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Miller is apparently not on the ice for practice today.
Brendan Batchelor
@BatchHockey
·
3m
JT Miller is not on the ice for #Canucks practice in Pittsburgh.

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
Miller is apparently not on the ice for practice today.
Brendan Batchelor
@BatchHockey
·
3m
JT Miller is not on the ice for #Canucks practice in Pittsburgh.

Could be maintenance day since he's banged up, but we'll see.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I have nothing against Fiala but it really doesn’t make sense for the Canucks, we have Boeser that needs to be re-signed as well. Fiala doesn’t fill any holes for us and I’d rather have Miller than Fiala.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
It would actually be the best move for the team considering where we stand right now. But he doesn't trade players when they hold good value, he lets them walk for free.

Trading JT would be RETOOL on the fly 3.0 for the Canucks, but it would be the best move the team could make to help them out down the road by bringing in assets to fit with their core aged players...takes a S M R T GM to make that kind of move though. Canucks have a D M B GM tho, who after a dreadful season decided to keep same coach...

I agree trading Miller and imo Horvat is the best move for the Canucks future but it needs to be for the right return, we need a young, big, tough shut down RD man that can be paired with Hughes. Canuck have let this rebuild drag on for 8 years! And it needs retooling… again. This retooling 3.0 is simply because of the owners not able to stomach a proper rebuild, there will like be a retooling 4.0 at this rate in 3-4 years from now too.

Reactions: Canuck86

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
no it wouldn’t… he’s completely the wrong target!
All-around impact right-handed shot dman who plays the right side is an important target for this team at this time.
Pushes Myers and Hamonic down the lineup and it creates more pairing options for the likes of Ekman-Larsson/Hughes/eventually Rathbone (who I believe is down in Abbotsford only temporarily this season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad