Speculation: J.T. Miller for Kevin Fiala +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not sure why the Nucks are adding. Fiala is rebuilding his value. Miller is at the top of his. Miller is more versatile and just as impactful offensively.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Canucks are already getting too small up front. Fiala only adds to that problem. Maybe Miller + Motte for Fiala + Greenway might make more sense. Wild would probably need to add a pick as well.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
One guy will be negotiating a contract this summer as a 25 year old RFA. The other guy next summer as a 30 year old UFA.
Didn't Fiala have a tough negotiation with the Wild for his current contract? He could easily take a 1 or 2 year deal and walk himself to free agency.

Miller producing better, being able to play both wing and center, and being bigger/stronger/more physical, more than makes up for the age/contract status difference.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Canucks are already getting too small up front. Fiala only adds to that problem. Maybe Miller + Motte for Fiala + Greenway might make more sense. Wild would probably need to add a pick as well.

Omg Canucks fans are overvaluing JT. Wild aren't going to add any picks

Reactions: Nsjohnson

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Didn't Fiala have a tough negotiation with the Wild for his current contract? He could easily take a 1 or 2 year deal and walk himself to free agency.

Miller producing better, being able to play both wing and center, and being bigger/stronger/more physical, more than makes up for the age/contract status difference.
Now account for who Miller plays with and then do the same for Fiala

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
We got the story here too with no plus and even the Nucks beat writer speculates a 2nd round, nothing spectacular as a plus. Does that get it done? Who knows but stop with the “significant” plus talk.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I have a feeling that Fiala and Greenway are two players Guerin wants to get rid of. So why not ship those two for Miller...fair deal.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Minnesota might not add any picks but I’ve heard from the talks that Benning and Guerin had that Benning asked about the availability of RD Filip Johansson who is currently playing with Frölunda in the SHL and Guerin asked about Miller but other then that I haven’t heard anything else but they are in negotiations for a working trade but nothing is eminent just in the preliminary stages.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think this is nothing more then propaganda to get other teams potentially interest. You see it all the team near the trade deadline and in the summer

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

What... JT Miller is PPG since becoming a Canuck, plays with an edge, an play W or C (better for just faceoffs 58%), PP AND PK capable, making just over 5m.

That is why, Fiala is a talent for sure, but he is undersized and strictly a winger, can he PK or take faceoffs like JT?

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
What... JT Miller is PPG since becoming a Canuck, plays with an edge, an play W or C (better for just faceoffs 58%), PP AND PK capable, making just over 5m.

That is why, Fiala is a talent for sure, but he is undersized and strictly a winger, can he PK or take faceoffs like JT?

Wild have guy who can take face-offs and is good. Yeah, fiala plays on power play, and pk

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Miller is a significantly older player than Fiala. He is leaving his prime, Fiala is entering his. I would not be willing to bet that Miller is one of those exceedingly rare players that gets better as he enters his 30's. Dumb move by the Wild, as they are a team that has to be looking ahead a few years, due to the Suter and Parise buyouts, which kick in, bigtime, next year.

If Fiala is to be trade, it needs to be for prospects and picks. I don't agree that he should be traded. He has 1st line tools...just needs to get his head together, similar to Marchand at the same age.

Oh, and while Fiala is not tall, he is very strong on his skates. He is not a guy who gets pushed off the puck- on the contrary, he is guy who is really hard to knock off it.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
Miller is playing at a point per game this season and his time in Vancouver is at 0.97 PPG and had a 72 point season in a short year with the Nucks.

Why again does Vancouver want to trade him?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Miller is a significantly older player than Fiala. He is leaving his prime, Fiala is entering his. I would not be willing to bet that Miller is one of those exceedingly rare players that gets better as he enters his 30's. Dumb move by the Wild, as they are a team that has to be looking ahead a few years, due to the Suter and Parise buyouts, which kick in, bigtime, next year.

If Fiala is to be trade, it needs to be for prospects and picks. I don't agree that he should be traded. He has 1st line tools...just needs to get his head together, similar to Marchand at the same age.

Oh, and while Fiala is not tall, he is very strong on his skates. He is not a guy who gets pushed off the puck- on the contrary, he is guy who is really hard to knock off it.
Miller is only 3 years older, that is not significantly older. He's not leaving his prime, he is in the beginning of it.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Miller is playing at a point per game this season and his time in Vancouver is at 0.97 PPG and had a 72 point season in a short year with the Nucks.

Why again does Vancouver want to trade him?
Because we wont have room to resign him and all our other young forwards and out of the group Miller is 4 years olders then the rest of the core

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
Because we wont have room to resign him and all our other young forwards and out of the group Miller is 4 years olders then the rest of the core
That makes sense, Miller’s extension will probably be a lot more expensive than Fiala’s extension.

I don’t see how Miller fits into the Wild’s salary structure especially since Minnesota is tied to the buyouts of Parise and Suter in the years that Miller will be in his prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad