Speculation: J.T. Miller for Kevin Fiala +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The core at F right now is
Petey, Garland, Hoglander, Podz, Horvat, Boeser. 4 of which are wingers and possibly a 5th if Petey doesnt figure it out and even then he is really poor on the dot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Miller is only 3 years older, that is not significantly older. He's not leaving his prime, he is in the beginning of it.
He's going to be 29 yo in March. You think players enter their prime at 29 yo?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
That makes sense, Miller’s extension will probably be a lot more expensive than Fiala’s extension.

I don’t see how Miller fits into the Wild’s salary structure especially since Minnesota is tied to the buyouts of Parise and Suter in the years that Miller will be in his prime.

Yea but he has 2 years left on his contract. I dont remember what the Wilds situation is with the buyouts but i think they were front heavy

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Because we wont have room to resign him and all our other young forwards and out of the group Miller is 4 years olders then the rest of the core
And that's a reason for the Wild to not get Miller, for MN, also. Starting next year they have dead cap hits 14M, 15M, 15M due to buy outs. Paying Miller would not make any sense. Adding to Fiala for Miller would be insanity- unless the legendary Victor Rask is added to the deal.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Miller is only 3 years older, that is not significantly older. He's not leaving his prime, he is in the beginning of it.

Agreed. I just don't understand people who think players north of 30 are basically useless.

Doesn't Fiala play with Kaprizov, Eriksson ek, etc. on the top pp unit?

He's been in and out of the PP lately, coach not happy, I guess it's part of the reason why we could see a trade. Fiala just doesn't fit with the Wild imo.

Reactions: elitepete

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
And that's a reason for the Wild to not get Miller, for MN, also. Starting next year they have dead cap hits 14M, 15M, 15M due to buy outs. Paying Miller would not make any sense. Adding to Fiala for Miller would be insanity- unless the legendary Victor Rask is added to the deal.

Victor Rask deal expires after this year, so it really doesn't matter

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That makes sense, Miller’s extension will probably be a lot more expensive than Fiala’s extension.

I don’t see how Miller fits into the Wild’s salary structure especially since Minnesota is tied to the buyouts of Parise and Suter in the years that Miller will be in his prime.
Miller wouldn't fit beyond his current contract, which is probably the main reason for skepticism from Minnesota fans on this one.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Any trade involving these teams should have a defenseman going to Vancouver as they are shallow in the cupboard on the back end.

If Benning trades Miller, he needs to grab a roster forward and a defensive prospect is a must, if not it will be a failure of a trade on Benning’s part.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Any trade involving these teams should have a defenseman going to Vancouver as they are shallow in the cupboard on the back end.

If Benning trades Miller, he needs to grab a roster forward and a defensive prospect is a must, if not it will be a failure of a trade on Benning’s part.

This guy gets it

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
Miller wouldn't fit beyond his current contract, which is probably the main reason for skepticism from Minnesota fans on this one.
Benning does have plenty of time to trade Miller and shouldn’t rush into making a trade just to make a trade.

If anything Benning should look into moving Pearson or Dickinson before trading out Miller.

Maurice of Orange

Feb 5, 2016
He's gonna get paaaaaaaid and at this rate we can't afford him.

We need picks/prospects. Minny's 1st and Fiala is enough if they include that pick.
I would be surprised if Minnesota parted with their 1st round pick in this years draft, if I were Benning I would target one of their defensive prospects maybe Lambos or O’Rourke.

I’ve heard that Benning was asking about the availability of Swedish RD Filip Johansson though, so a pick may also be in play since Johansson isn’t as well known or coveted as Lambos, O’Rourke or even Daemon Hunt.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would be surprised if Minnesota parted with their 1st round pick in this years draft, if I were Benning I would target one of their defensive prospects maybe Lambos or O’Rourke.

I’ve heard that Benning was asking about the availability of Swedish RD Filip Johansson though, so a pick may also be in play since Johansson isn’t as well known or coveted as Lambos, O’Rourke or even Daemon Hunt.

Target away, but you're not going to get very far.

Bidding starts with VAN 2022 1st.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
J.T. Miller is a heartbeat player who can do everything. He also plays with his heart on his sleeve.

While he has been really good in Vancouver, there seems to be a sense that he can get petulant and that's probably fair. But in his first year here he seemed to really believe in the process and he was absolutely incredible.

I sort of compare this to Ryan O'Reilly leaving Buffalo where he stopped believing and then being incredible once he went to a better team.

We have the option of waiting until next year to do anything with Miller if we want to and still getting a king's ransom if we deal him at the deadline. Can you imagine what teams would offer if we retain on Miller and they acquire a ppg power forward who plays pp and pk for less than 3 million? A good team becomes a cup team.

So if you want him now, it's going to hurt. Fiala straight up is a joke and I like Fiala.

I can see the Mantha/Vrana deal being a model so perhaps Fiala and a 1st, but personally I would want to flesh out the deal to also add either some size or an RD.

If it's just Fiala and a 1st, then we are probably going to end up trading either Fiala or Boeser for an elite RD.

If that sounds too rich for you, that's fine, it just means you don't get Miller.

Reactions: Canuck86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad