Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I agree and playing with two of the best players in the world and one of the top goal scores in the world, your going to get your points on the pp.

You could say that about Krug too, though. It's a PP unit. Gryz may not have the individual skill of Krug (I don't think he does) but if the PP scores as well or better with him manning it, whats the difference? Not just any schlep can do it, though, even with Pasta and Marchand out there. How do you think Carlo would do? Or Tinordi? Or Miller? Gryz does better with it even than McAvoy at this stage in Mac's career.

Reactions: HustleB

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Going to throw a name out there that was on waivers about a month ago....Adam Henrique in ANH. Since clearing waivers and being brought back up he has:

13GP / 6G / 5A / 0.85 PGP

He's signed for 3 more years at $5.8 million a year. Can play Center or Wing and his career numbers put him as a fringe 25/25 guy. For fun I looked at Henrique vs Rakell at 5v5 since the beginning of last year:

Adam Henrique
Category
Rickard Rakell
100​
GP​
98​
25​
Goals​
16​
17​
Assists​
26​
42​
Points​
42​
15.53​
SH%​
7.41​
16.71​
ixG​
20.65​
192​
iSCF​
226​
98​
iHDCF​
106​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Games played was similar, but Rakell still had about 150 more minutes of TOI.
I would take him 50% retained if it helps get a deal done for Rakell as well.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
My question would be......if the Bruins are taking on Henrique and his albatross contract, what else are Anaheim including in the deal to entice the Bruins to take on that financial commitment?

Assuming their young players are off the table, my pitch to Anaheim is we'll take Henrique's contract off your hands, all you have to do is include Rakell in the deal and maybe the Bruins add some other smaller pieces to even things up a bit.

No way would I take on the Henrique contract without some added incentive to the Bruins.
Agree either they retain $ or take back Moore and we get Rakell as part of the deal.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Just pay SEA not to take them. Offer them 3rd + Cehlarik to take Zboril.

Seattle still gets an young NHL ready d-man with top 4 upside + Ceharlik is having a solid year in the SHL, has size and honestly just needs a new start. Maybe the season he's having + a new team would be just what he needs. I still think he could be a 3LW in the right system. Then the 3rd rounder is a 3rd rounder.

Either team:
Gryz
Or
Zboril, 3rd, Cehlerik

Cehlerik has little to no value so let's not even put him in there.

Gryz for Zboril and 3rd.

Which side wins that deal? Zboril and a 2nd starts to even out, but let's see if Seattle rather be Vegas or not. If they wanna compete out the gate, they will take Gryz unless given better incentive.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agree either they retain $ or take back Moore and we get Rakell as part of the deal.

Not to nitpick but now that Cassidy said Moore has had surgery and is out for the foreseeable future, I'd say it's a safe bet he isn't dealt in the next 3 weeks.

Which brings up another point.......can they buy out Moore this summer if he's injured/recovering? His buy-out hit over 4 years isn't bad at all, 833k in yr 1-3-4, 1.333k in year 2.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Garland has 9 goals in 32 games this season.

Miles Wood has 9 goals in 30 games.

Mind you Garland has advantage in assists but is a pass first winger the real need here in Boston? I only mention this because I’m seeing some posters snicker at the mere mention of Wood yet are clamoring for Garland.

Garland 17:46 mins ATOI
Wood 14:31 mins ATOI

Miles Wood really only scores against the Bruins, though. If we get him, he won't get any.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Either team:
Gryz
Or
Zboril, 3rd, Cehlerik

Gryz for Zboril and 3rd.

Which side wins that deal? Zboril and a 2nd starts to even out, but let's see if Seattle rather be Vegas or not. If they wanna compete out the gate, they will take Gryz unless given better incentive.
is Cehlerik even in the system anymore?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
is Cehlerik even in the system anymore?
Technically I think he was qualified, but I'd say the chances of him having an NHL career, is probably on the trajectory of a Par Lindholm at best. Not stylistically, just amount of games I'd expect him to make it at best at this point.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Not to nitpick but now that Cassidy said Moore has had surgery and is out for the foreseeable future, I'd say it's a safe bet he isn't dealt in the next 3 weeks.

Which brings up another point.......can they buy out Moore this summer if he's injured/recovering? His buy-out hit over 4 years isn't bad at all, 833k in yr 1-3-4, 1.333k in year 2.

If he goes on LTIR for the rest of the year he could actually become valuable in the short term. Dealing for him would allow teams up against the cap at the deadline to exceed the cap limit by $2.75M. Look at what Tampa did last year with Gaborik and Nilsson.

Probably a pipe dream but if he does go on LTIR he might actually garner interest.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Out of curiosity, when is the last time a talking head's prediction of what it would take to acquire a player, weeks before the deadline, actually turned out realistic? This is Nashville's asking price, which means not a whole lot. I'd be willing to bet good $ that if they deal Ekholm, the return is less than Studnicka, 1st, Vaak. In fact, I think it's 50/50 they get two of those pieces.

Reactions: Gordoff

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Out of curiosity, when is the last time a talking head's prediction of what it would take to acquire a player, weeks before the deadline, actually turned out realistic? This is Nashville's asking price, which means not a whole lot. I'd be willing to bet good $ that if they deal Ekholm, the return is less than Studnicka, 1st, Vaak. In fact, I think it's 50/50 they get two of those pieces.

I would take a break from the Bruins if they paid that for Ekholm.

This team does not have what it takes, nor does it deserve an 'all in' piece/pieces. Krejci and Bergeron are no longer capable of carrying this team anymore.

Reactions: Gordoff

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

I don;t think you can buyout a player on LTIR , but not sure if he is just on IR. Maybe then let them take Kase back and retain $1.8 on Henrique , we get Rakell and give up maybe Stud and Bjork? Would love a few additions like Rakell, Reinhart and Savard or Oleksiak. Ekholm is too pricey, the package they want I would pay for Forsberg.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The last I recall was Tomas Kaberle. I think* it was reported it would take a top prospect + 1st/or 2nd I didn’t buy it.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Miles Wood really only scores against the Bruins, though. If we get him, he won't get any.
I think Garland is the flavor of the week. He’s scoring at a 23 goal pace. Similar to Craig Smith’s average in Nashville. Admittedly I haven’t watched Garland but reading here I assumed he was a Johnny Gaudreau/ Mathew Barzal hybrid.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think Garland is the flavor of the week. He’s scoring at a 23 goal pace. Similar to Craig Smith’s average in Nashville. Admittedly I haven’t watched Garland but reading here I assumed he was a Johnny Gaudreau/ Mathew Barzal hybrid.

I've seen a little of him, certainly no expert but he is sort of that Gaudreau type to me- decent scorer, good passer, good motor. He is just really coming into his own now too, so I think the potential as a 30 goal guy is there.

member 96824

We learned earlier this month that Martinez could likely be had for a second-round pick and a good prospect, but it wasn’t clear exactly what the Kings were after in exchange for Muzzin outside of a first-round pick. Pierre LeBrun of The Athletic (subscription required) now reports that the Kings are in “listening mode” on Muzzin and that the asking price is that first-round pick and an additional prospect. LeBrun is quick to point out that the Kings don’t have to move Muzzin, as he’s on a good contract for next season at just $4MM and has put together a successful season.
Los Angeles Kings In "Listening Mode" On Jake Muzzin

Martinez went for two 2nds
Muzzin for a 1st, Grundstrom, Durzi

IIRC Toffoli was rumored for what he went for despite "being in Sweeney's back pocket". Rumor from Bob McKenzie was a 2nd and good prospect. He was dealt for Tyler Madden, 2nd, conditional 4th, and Tim Shaller to clear up a roster spot
Blake Coleman was also rumored for a 1st and good prospect and got that IIRC but I can't find any links for you there, it was probably one of the TSN guys on twitter.

Of course, at the time, our board scoffed at those prices because our prospects are the greatest things since sliced bread, and so did the team...so instead we ended up with a couple games of Ondrej Kase, a very out of shape Nick Ritchie, and a line up with plenty of holes that was booted out of the bubble early.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Either team:
Gryz
Or
Zboril, 3rd, Cehlerik

Gryz for Zboril and 3rd.

I think Cehlarik still has value, if he didn't then Boston wouldn't have QO'd him thus retaining his rights. Again he's having a solid season in the SHL and when he got looks in Boston he looked like a guy who could be a 3rd line LW in the NHL. He's still just 25yr old and is 6'2/200lb and plays both LW/RW. He's a guy SEA can sign for next to nothing and if he gives you even 60% of the production he did in the AHL, he's a 35+ point winger for you. Is he a stud? no, not even close, but he can be a quality NHLer still in the right system.

As for SEA, I'd give up a 2nd instead of a 3rd. BTW who says I wouldn't protect Grz? What if I left Ekholm exposed or I went 4-4-1? Would SEA take 1yr of Ekholm where his actual money is $5 million compared to his $3.75 hit? Could they flip him at the deadline or hope he falls in love with SEA and signs long-term? sure. There are a lot of variables, but at the end of the day I think you pay for SEA to take Zboril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad