Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Miles Wood is an immediate upgrade over anyone in the bottom 6 not named Coyle. With Miles he brings much more than scoring and in a bottom 6 role he's the ideal bruin.

It was a joke. I'd be fine with the guy, but honestly would not want to give up much for him. Bottom 6 forwards are not really what the Bruins need right now.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
What a stupid "fear." If it takes a trade to motivate Jake then what's the use of keeping him? If he is not going to play to his potential in Boston, why keep him around? Just so he won't go somewhere else and flourish? That is just ignorant thinking to me. Keep him so no one else can have him, even though we aren't really happy with him and retaining means we lose a spot and cap space for a player that might actually be more valuable. o_O
It's absolutely stupid if that's their fear. Beetle and Zo talked about this article this morning and they were spot on.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It was a joke. I'd be fine with the guy, but honestly would not want to give up much for him. Bottom 6 forwards are not really what the Bruins need right now.
Wood is 25 years old (same age as Garland). Wood is scoring at a 25 goal pace (Garland scoring at 23g pace, despite averaging 3+ mins TOI per game than Wood). One is a Krejci RW solution, the other is a bottom 6 forward? I don’t understand this logic.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Wood is 25 years old (same age as Garland). Wood is scoring at a 25 goal pace (Garland scoring at 23g pace, despite averaging 3+ mins TOI per game than Wood). One is a Krejci RW solution, the other is a bottom 6 forward? I don’t understand this logic.
Wood is a career 16 goal scorer in 82 games.
Yes he is having a better season this year.
Garland's career average is 25 goals per 82 games and is the better offensive player by far.
Garland would fit in great on the second line.
Wood would be a 3rd or 4th liner.
I would like both if the price is right and we can move Bjork/Wags/Kuraly and not a 1st or second round pick.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Since you admit not having seen Garland, I am not sure how you can question the logic. Garland is a much more skillful player than Wood is, goal pace this season notwithstanding.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
How can you not?

Connor Garland is playing at a 0.78 points per game pace this season
Miles Wood is playing at a 0.43 pace

Wood is a bottom 6 forward. Connor Garland is currently and projecting to be the better player. He is currently a top 6 winger on this team.

Reactions: Lo97 and Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You could say that about Krug too, though. It's a PP unit. Gryz may not have the individual skill of Krug (I don't think he does) but if the PP scores as well or better with him manning it, whats the difference? Not just any schlep can do it, though, even with Pasta and Marchand out there. How do you think Carlo would do? Or Tinordi? Or Miller? Gryz does better with it even than McAvoy at this stage in Mac's career.
I agree with all but your point on McAvoy. Imo McAvoy would excel but he really hasn't had more than just a cup of coffee on the first unit. He's elite in all aspects.

Grizz is a great skater, that's his biggest weapon in this league and his escape ability, his passes too often aren't tape to tape and his decision making isn't on the same level as McAvoy, Mac is usually one step ahead before the puck is on his stick.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think Cehlarik still has value, if he didn't then Boston wouldn't have QO'd him thus retaining his rights. Again he's having a solid season in the SHL and when he got looks in Boston he looked like a guy who could be a 3rd line LW in the NHL. He's still just 25yr old and is 6'2/200lb and plays both LW/RW. He's a guy SEA can sign for next to nothing and if he gives you even 60% of the production he did in the AHL, he's a 35+ point winger for you. Is he a stud? no, not even close, but he can be a quality NHLer still in the right system.

As for SEA, I'd give up a 2nd instead of a 3rd. BTW who says I wouldn't protect Grz? What if I left Ekholm exposed or I went 4-4-1? Would SEA take 1yr of Ekholm where his actual money is $5 million compared to his $3.75 hit? Could they flip him at the deadline or hope he falls in love with SEA and signs long-term? sure. There are a lot of variables, but at the end of the day I think you pay for SEA to take Zboril.
My point was more of if we are paying to have them take someone, that value needs to be more than who they could just take that's exposed, hypothetically speaking swap the names to whomever you think we'd be exposing vs. what we are having them take.

Basically:
Exposed player vs. Who we want them to take + sweetener. Which is more valuable to Seattle?
Edit: I'm not criticizing the proposal, it could be right in term of value, but really just depends on what Seattle sees as more valuable for them. It's Seattle's decision ultimately and how they view our assets. They will take whatever is most valuable to them.

Re: Cehlerik, they retained him because that's what you do with assets. Doesn't mean they have a lot of value outside of this organization. Pick a random team, they likely have a Cehlerik in their system, whom likely doesn't sway a trade a whole lot, but doesn't hurt the value as a throw-in. His rights prob equate to a late round pick at most, which can be thrown in, but seems more like an afterthought than something a team would ask for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Oel garland would package would be nice but fairy tale. I target brassard cheap and he's playing well on the yotes

what's with you and the el cheapo deals, Don- are you JJ's accountant? ;)

When was the last bargain basement pickup Sweeney made that has actually been great for the team?

Reactions: Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
How can you not?

Connor Garland is playing at a 0.78 points per game pace this season
Miles Wood is playing at a 0.43 pace

Wood is a bottom 6 forward. Connor Garland is currently and projecting to be the better player. He is currently a top 6 winger on this team.
Do we not consider TOI? Or that Wood stepped into the league a year younger? If we want to cherry pick stats let’s look at Points per 60 mins? Maybe that closes the gap

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Do we not consider TOI? Or that Wood stepped into the league a year younger? If we want to cherry pick stats let’s look at Points per 60 mins? Maybe that closes the gap

Okay, you said you haven't watched Garland play, so why are you still arguing the point? However if you want to use TOI, just ask yourself why Wood never consistently gets (and never has gotten) top6 ice time in NJ even when they were really bad.

BTW, It's fine to like Miles Wood, I like the guy as a third or fourth liner here, and think he would be a good add if its doable, but if they are going after a forward for this season to address their top 6 needs, then Wood isn't that guy. Although it would be a very Sweeney move.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Garland is a good player and definitely the type of guy I’d love to see the Bruins target vs. Palmieri-type forward.
I'm not suggesting either of these are the deals on the table, but just trying to take a stab at what people think is the threshold of going longer term player vs UFA.

Interchange prospects with what you would consider a top prospect vs a B or C prospect
1st + top prospect( Vaak ?) for Garland (or young top 6 forward)
2nd + lower prospect ( maybe Steen) for Palmieri

I honestly don't know the prices right now, and I personally have zero interest in UFA's, just wondering what is the price point that you say no to either deal over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad