Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Without knowing a whole lot about him, Conor Garland looks promising but a few things concern me.

Another Boston guy that they’re bringing in, which always concerns me, some guys just can’t handle the pressure of playing for the hometown team.

Less of a concern, more of a pessimistic view. His rookie extension is up after the season and if he has a few good months here Sweeney is gonna ink him up long long term, without seeing much from him as a Bruin.

That aside, I’m interested in him. Not sure what the package is for him, but leave OEL in Arizona.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Well it was predictable. The only argument against him is size and that he will get theoretically hammered in the playoffs by bigger forwards. Never mind that it hasn't really happened ( I don't count cheap head shots, those take down giants like Carlo, too). It COULD happen, though, because he's undersized.

What I find funny about the argument that he'll get destroyed by bigger teams in the playoffs is look what happened to the Bruins' transition game after he went down on the Sundqvist cheap shot in 2019 against those big scary Blues. All of a sudden they were getting hemmed in on the forecheck and couldn't break the puck out to save their lives. We've seen the same thing play out this year against bigger teams with a strong forecheck like NYI and Washington when Gryz has been out. He excels in those types of matchups because he's so good at evading the forecheck. I think that series would have turned out much differently if not for that cheap shot. Pisses me off just to think about lol.

It's insane to me that he's viewed as a spare part by some. He does well in pretty much any role you put him in, I don't care what size he is.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Garland sounds great, Yotes are thinking of his upcoming contract which will be a big increase.

Imagine getting Reinhart if he is available.

Next year let Krech and Halak walk, use the cap savings on getting younger

2nd line = Jake - Reinhart - Garland

bring up Swayman or Vlader

Last edited:

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
What would the Yotes want for Garland? Picks, prospects, cheap NHL players? Would a pick & Seny get it done? Maybe another pick or prospect?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Garland has 9 goals in 32 games this season.

Miles Wood has 9 goals in 30 games.

Mind you Garland has advantage in assists but is a pass first winger the real need here in Boston? I only mention this because I’m seeing some posters snicker at the mere mention of Wood yet are clamoring for Garland.

Garland 17:46 mins ATOI
Wood 14:31 mins ATOI

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Apparently Beecher + Vaakanainen + 1st might be too little so DeBrusk/Studnicka + Vaakanainen + 1st would be the cost. Add in the loss of Grzelcyk/Lauzon in the expansion draft, no thanks.

Just pay SEA not to take them. Offer them 3rd + Cehlarik to take Zboril.

Seattle still gets an young NHL ready d-man with top 4 upside + Ceharlik is having a solid year in the SHL, has size and honestly just needs a new start. Maybe the season he's having + a new team would be just what he needs. I still think he could be a 3LW in the right system. Then the 3rd rounder is a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
For Boston to meet the cost it would be

1st rounder 2021 or 2022

A-level prospect (Studnicka, Swayman)

3rd asset - Could be a mid-round pick, a B-level prospect, or a fringe young player who is closer 25 than he is 18 but still not established (i.e. Bjork).

They way I read these comments from Lebrun, and Dreger saying the 3rd asset ask was recently added, you can assume I think the 3rd asset is the lesser asset compared to the 1st rounder or elite prospect. So the 3rd assets won't be Debrusk or Frederic or any young guy of that sort currently on the roster.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Are the Bruins really interested in Garland? He have a good year this year but...he s 5'8'' 165 pds, does he an upgarde of what we have in Debrusk and maybe Kase...sorry i dont know the guy, i watched his last game against Avs and it was not visible except that we note that it is on the ice because it is so small, the smallest one...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Just pay SEA not to take them. Offer them 3rd + Cehlarik to take Zboril.

Seattle still gets an young NHL ready d-man with top 4 upside + Ceharlik is having a solid year in the SHL, has size and honestly just needs a new start. Maybe the season he's having + a new team would be just what he needs. I still think he could be a 3LW in the right system. Then the 3rd rounder is a 3rd rounder.

Cehlarik is a decently valuable asset in a trade because like you I think he is an NHL player, just not for Bruce Cassidy on the Bruins. There are a number of teams that could and would use him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Are the Bruins really interested in Garland? He have a good year this year but...he s 5'8'' 165 pds, does he an upgarde of what we have in Debrusk and maybe Kase...sorry i dont know the guy, i watched his last game against Avs and it was not visible except that we note that it is on the ice because it is so small, the smallest one...

Who gives a shit how big he is? The question is can he play and he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad