Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Jake DeBrusk does not take slights well. He was ripping mad after coach Bruce Cassidy made him a healthy scratch on March 9 against the Islanders. DeBrusk is well aware of media buzz that has his name active in trade chatter.

All of this fuels the Bruins’ No. 1 worry about trading the 2015 first-rounder: After dealing him at depressed value, a motivated DeBrusk becomes the consistent scoring threat elsewhere that his current employer needs him to be now.

DeBrusk has a history of short-term spikes after things go off the rails. On March 11, his first game following his healthy scratch, DeBrusk found a soft spot in the Rangers’ coverage, put his stick down and slammed home a David Krejci feed. It was his first five-on-five goal of the year. It looked so easy.

The Bruins' big fear: Trading Jake DeBrusk will motivate him to meet his potential

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Go look at the numbers Garland has put up since he was a kid. Classic he’s to small. He’s getting better. Put him on a team like Boston and look out. Potential for a point a game player.

I like the player, would love to see the Bruins grab him. I just don't know if AZ will actually move him, but if it can be done, it should be done. The main point is Bruins can't wait to see if Kase comes back or not or what kind of shape he is in when he does, or if he will even stay healthy. He was a dice roll that crapped out- worth a chance, but time to move on from. Get us some Garland, Sweens.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Jake DeBrusk does not take slights well. He was ripping mad after coach Bruce Cassidy made him a healthy scratch on March 9 against the Islanders. DeBrusk is well aware of media buzz that has his name active in trade chatter.

All of this fuels the Bruins’ No. 1 worry about trading the 2015 first-rounder: After dealing him at depressed value, a motivated DeBrusk becomes the consistent scoring threat elsewhere that his current employer needs him to be now.

DeBrusk has a history of short-term spikes after things go off the rails. On March 11, his first game following his healthy scratch, DeBrusk found a soft spot in the Rangers’ coverage, put his stick down and slammed home a David Krejci feed. It was his first five-on-five goal of the year. It looked so easy.

The Bruins' big fear: Trading Jake DeBrusk will motivate him to meet his potential

What a stupid "fear." If it takes a trade to motivate Jake then what's the use of keeping him? If he is not going to play to his potential in Boston, why keep him around? Just so he won't go somewhere else and flourish? That is just ignorant thinking to me. Keep him so no one else can have him, even though we aren't really happy with him and retaining means we lose a spot and cap space for a player that might actually be more valuable. o_O

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Question on Miles Wood, what does he do that Frederic doesnt? I know he always seems to play well against the Bruins but his numbers are that of a bad 3rd liner. This may be his best goal scoring pace season and yet they still play him on the 4th line (atleast yesterday).

I ask this question as someone who likes what i see when he plays the Bruins, but im concerned we would end up paying a 4th liner 2.75mil

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Garland then Wood from NJ. Both 25 skate like the wind and fit exactly what we need. These are the players worth giving up first rounders and top prospects for. We add grit, scoring and cost controlled players. We stay young enough to be cup contenders for the next 5 years. Please say no to rentals,they will kill us long term.

Death. Taxes. Miles Wood...

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Well he's skating occasionally on his own, if that is close? That was the last update I saw, anyway. If Kase even sees an elbow in his field of vision he gets a concussion. I don't think the Bruins can afford to wait and see. Kase may never be back and time is running out. I don't know if Garland can be had, but Kase's status is neither here nor there to me. If he comes back and can play, it is gravy at this point.
I agree. Kase is bonus depth at this point. Can't be relied on as a solution for scoring, because he's going to get hurt again if he ever even comes back. With the TDL a couple weeks out, we don't have time to wait and evaluate Kase before making a move.

Reactions: Gordoff

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Question on Miles Wood, what does he do that Frederic doesnt? I know he always seems to play well against the Bruins but his numbers are that of a bad 3rd liner. This may be his best goal scoring pace season and yet they still play him on the 4th line (atleast yesterday).

I ask this question as someone who likes what i see when he plays the Bruins, but im concerned we would end up paying a 4th liner 2.75mil
Wood's had some big games against the Bruins, which has skewed the opinions of many folks here. Most Devils fans will point out he's wildly inconsistent and can look like a bonafide star one night then an AHL player the next. Frederic can definitely develop into our own Wood without giving up any assets.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Cassidy's comments yesterday did not sound promising regarding Kase. He's skating so infrequently it definitely seems like he's still having more bad days than good. Certainly not an option you can rely on at this point. I just hope he can recover with no long term effects for his own sake at this point, I really feel for him especially after seeing what guys like Savard have gone through.

Reactions: Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’ve never watched Garland, is this a case of a 3rd line player on a crap offensive team getting minutes he wouldn’t if on a contender?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I’ve never watched Garland, is this a case of a 3rd line player on a crap offensive team getting minutes he wouldn’t if on a contender?
Yotes fans on the main trade board are saying he could be their next captain. "Heart and soul player". He's just under a point per game this season. He's on the 2nd line for the Yotes right now, and he'd be on the 2nd line here, so I don't think ice time would change much. If anything, he'd get better linemates here.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

Great point. Wood got off to a solid start, but seems as though he's regressed toward the mean. Just 5 points in his last 21 games (Since Feb 1). Only 1 goal and 1 assist at 5 on 5 play during that time. Not a solution to the secondary scoring woes.

As for Garland.... I still don't understand why Arizona is trading him? Seems like wishful thinking. I wouldn't waste time fixating on a player who likely isn't available for anything short of a massive overpayment.

Reactions: Lo97

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What a stupid "fear." If it takes a trade to motivate Jake then what's the use of keeping him? If he is not going to play to his potential in Boston, why keep him around? Just so he won't go somewhere else and flourish? That is just ignorant thinking to me. Keep him so no one else can have him, even though we aren't really happy with him and retaining means we lose a spot and cap space for a player that might actually be more valuable. o_O

Sounds a lot like the situation the Bs had with Joe Thornton.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

This would be a case of a player who lit up juniors coming up to the show and producing pretty well.

He looks like he could have another gear and already is on pace for 65 points this season. He's playing against other top lines and has good advanced stats and a decent +/- on a team devoid of talent. He's also the leading scorer on the Yotes.

If the price isn't too high this would be the 2nd liner we've been looking for. He's by definition a good 2nd liner. Coyotes fans have been raving about him the last two years, and he's just starting to get league recognition.

Not even sure why they'd flip Garland. I think it just speaks to how desperate they are for picks and prospects with how Chayka left them.

Edit: And the kid is from Scituate. That would be a nobrainer trade and re-sign. He's only 25 so we can get some good years out of this kid rather than signing some 30 yr old past his prime like we ALWAYS do

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yep, so if the flawed team goes on a run vs Buffalo he will actually stand pat? Yuck.

Bruins are a lock for the play-offs IMO, so does that mean no changes needed?
Yeah it sounds like lawyer double-speak. Did he consult with the "legal staff" of Delaware North and they had a Zoom meeting to "go over" what he should and shouldn't, can and can't say?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I would love love to see Miles acquired.

Reactions: ylekot

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Sounds like a 1st, Cam York and Scott Laughton type package will get it done. Guessing for us it would be 1st, Vaak and Frederic/Bjork maybe?

Not sure Vaak or York are elite tho
Maybe recency bias, but I'd say the difference in value between Bjork and Frederic is a different. I'd keep Freddy if possible, unless we are improving our forwards.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
My question would be......if the Bruins are taking on Henrique and his albatross contract, what else are Anaheim including in the deal to entice the Bruins to take on that financial commitment?

Assuming their young players are off the table, my pitch to Anaheim is we'll take Henrique's contract off your hands, all you have to do is include Rakell in the deal and maybe the Bruins add some other smaller pieces to even things up a bit.

No way would I take on the Henrique contract without some added incentive to the Bruins.
They could add a first, given we gave them one to do the same with Backes. Hell, even if it's a different year, that's fine.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Not sure but Jaffe brought up this morning on 98.5

he’s a RFA and should get a jump something Arizona probably not excited about

his game and personality look like an excellent match for Bruins

return ? No cult but he’s a RW and about same age as DeBrusk

Kase supposed to do the Garland thing and he seems close so Bruins really should let him play before doing anything

Hypothetically and valuewise. Straight up Debrusk for Garland? Jake's been having a bad year, but has a higher pedigree, and his numbers with the exception of this slow start aren't too different.

Keep in mind players have said playing in front of no one in covid situations has affected their playing. Garland playing in Arizona in front of no one probably wasn't affected as much (just kidding, but only a little)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad