Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well it's kind of hard to really talk about it since he has only made 12 trades around the deadline. Out of those 12 the Bruins got players back in 11 of them with the other being the Vatrano trade. Out of those players the only ones I would consider the "el cheapo" route would be Liles, Stafford, Holden, Wingels, and Carey. I think people forget that Stempniak had 41 points at the time of the trade and finished the season with 51 points. That put him at 82nd in the league and 5th for the team in points. Now for the "el cheapo" pickups that moved the needle. Liles had 6 points in 17 games, Stafford had 8 points in 18 games, Holden had 5 points in 18 games, and Wingels had 5 points in 18 games. I would say they all had reasonable impacts considering they were depth players.

Fair points, but those were not the types of players that could have or did put the Bruins over the top. You hit the nail on the head- depth players. Not that they were terrible, or a waste to acquire necessarily, but when I say move the needle, I am talking about Mojo, Rick Nash where they go all in to acquire someone that could really make that difference between a first or second round exit and a SCF. So no, no more el Cheapo depth guys. Go big or go home here.

Reactions: Gordoff

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Arizona doesn't need to trade him is the thing. Any deal would certainly include a 1st and they'd probably want Studnicka at least. Barclay Goodrow fetched a 1st last year, no way Garland goes for less than that.
pass then, that is too much, we could use those assets and maybe add Vaak in a deal for a better player.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Ya know, when his name first got mentioned and the cost.....
I thought that it was over payment but now reading about him and watching his high-lights I'm inclined to agree. The only worry is the fact that he's a local. If he can keep going in the direction that he's in we'd have a mini-Marchy on our hands. If he gets comfortable and complacent? Well, the name Jimmy Hayes comes to mind. I know, two totally different players but...
I take the chance on Garland. He’s the match realistically. I do the deal.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
My top priority would be Sam Reinhart and Garland.

Reinhart for DeBrusk and a third
Garland for Kuraly, Wagner and a 4rth
Coyotes fans view Garland as a potential next captain. Idk why so many in this thread are under valuing him so much. That package gets you laughed out of the trade talks.

Bruins don't have the assets to get both those guys. It's one or the other and it will cost a 1st +.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Coyotes fans view Garland as a potential next captain. Idk why so many in this thread are under valuing him so much. That package gets you laughed out of the trade talks.

Bruins don't have the assets to get both those guys. It's one or the other and it will cost a 1st +.
Guessing they view him as an undersized late round pick that isn’t a household name

Reactions: UConn126

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So you’re argument for TOI basically indicates Garland gets more minutes and that’s why his numbers are better?

He gets more minutes because he is a better player. If Wood was a top 6 forward he would be in the top six. He isn’t. He’s a strong bottom six guy and there is nothing wrong with that.

The time on ice argument is strange because better players get better minutes, your trying to reverse this by suggesting Wood would have similar or better numbers if he got the same TOI?

Im accused of cherry picking stats but your coming at me with TOI?
I’m going to call BS on that. TOI does matter, and is it disputable that a player can skate X amount of minutes on one team and produce more on another team with more minutes? If pressed I can cite many examples of this.

I’m not suggesting Wood is better or equal to Garland. I see them both scoring (goals) at the same pace this season, but one guy is discussed as a 4th line scrub yet the other being spoken of as he’s Guy Lafluer. I’m just trying to understand why.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'd say for a lot of folks here, we simply have never seen him play. Then factor in his low-profile out in Arizona, the fact he didn't break in until almost 24 years old, he's gone under the radar for many fans outside Arizona (and probably inside ARZ as well).

I'm surprised Arizona want to move him. Seems like he'd fit in well with Keller, Chychrun and a couple others moving forward. But maybe they are looking to tear it all down again. Who knows out there. The Coyotes have been basically a unconventional franchise since the beginning.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think he could be a decent add, but no more than a 2nd rd pick + a Bjork or grizz type player. if we are trading a 2021 1st + Stud I think with another add like Vaak we can get an even better player coming back.
The cost should be a first,Bjork and Vaak. They are not giving him away. The report was they could move him if the could restock the prospects or high picks.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This is 100%. I also believe he could be a 80 pt guy. Would give us the option of putting him on the top line and Pasta with 48 and DeBrusk.
This solidified it for me. Garland bumps Pastrnak down a line and gives the Bruins 2 dynamic scoring units. I hope Garland can live up to the Patrick Kane hype he’s been branded with in this thread.

Studnicka + Swayman + 2021 1st + Lauzon for Conor Kane uhhh Garland

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My top priority would be Sam Reinhart and Garland.

Reinhart for DeBrusk and a third
Garland for Kuraly, Wagner and a 4rth
If you could pull that off you should take this magic act to Vegas

would be phenomenal deals

Reactions: ylekot

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'd say for a lot of folks here, we simply have never seen him play. Then factor in his low-profile out in Arizona, the fact he didn't break in until almost 24 years old, he's gone under the radar for many fans outside Arizona (and probably inside ARZ as well).

I'm surprised Arizona want to move him. Seems like he'd fit in well with Keller, Chychrun and a couple others moving forward. But maybe they are looking to tear it all down again. Who knows out there. The Coyotes have been basically a unconventional franchise since the beginning.
The one reason I can think they'd trade him is because he's due a large raise at season's end, and after a couple years of spending near the cap (the Coyotes roster this year is actually more expensive than the Bruins) the ownership group may be looking to ice a more affordable team, especially with A. the revenue losses this year and B. the fact that they're not close to contending seriously.

They also lost a couple high draft picks as penalties, which is a big deal for a budget team that likes ELCs.

He's still probably a pipe dream, but he would be a great add for this team, especially if his uptempo game could ignite DeBrusk.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The one reason I can think they'd trade him is because he's due a large raise at season's end, and after a couple years of spending near the cap (the Coyotes roster this year is actually more expensive than the Bruins) the ownership group may be looking to ice a more affordable team, especially with A. the revenue losses this year and B. the fact that they're not close to contending seriously.

They also lost a couple high draft picks as penalties, which is a big deal for a budget team that likes ELCs.

He's still probably a pipe dream, but he would be a great add for this team, especially if his uptempo game could ignite DeBrusk.

His arbitration rights I think scare them. If he's awarded a one-year deal I believe he'll be a UFA in 2022 as he'll be 27 then. That and cutting costs probably is influencing their exploring moving him now. Then combine that with a fairly shallow trade market with so many teams up against the cap, they see his value right here today as being as high as it ever will be.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Garland is worth a lot more than a first. This kid is only going to get better. This is only his third year.

Maybe.....but he’s also UFA, playing on a weak team.

They could see him walk and get nothing for him.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I’m going to call BS on that. TOI does matter, and is it disputable that a player can skate X amount of minutes on one team and produce more on another team with more minutes? If pressed I can cite many examples of this.

I’m not suggesting Wood is better or equal to Garland. I see them both scoring (goals) at the same pace this season, but one guy is discussed as a 4th line scrub yet the other being spoken of as he’s Guy Lafluer. I’m just trying to understand why.
No one called Wood a 4th line scrub, no called Garland Lafleur. What are you talking about? You are basically grandstanding now. Literally no one said this.

You compared the two. Garland is a better player than Wood and projects to be better. Wood, while not as good a player as Garland, is a very good bottom six forward with some potential for growth.

Garland has more TOI because he has earned it because he is a better player.

Reactions: Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad