Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
So you have seen all his playoff games? He goes into the corners with out fear. He has talent. Lots of talent. We now have the size to play with him.

I didnt notice him in the playoffs last year at all but Arizona didnt do great. He absolutely has some talent and is a great player but in the playoffs everything changes. Everything becomes more vicious. He just has his limitations size wise and we took some abuse against these bigger teams in the past. I would prefer to go with a forward with some size who is strong in front of the net, with the puck and at the boards. I doubt that Garland could be that player come playoff time. Not everybody can be a Marchand or Theo Fleury.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I didnt notice him in the playoffs last year at all but Arizona didnt do great. He absolutely has some talent and is a great player but in the playoffs everything changes. Everything becomes more vicious. He just has his limitations size wise and we took some abuse against these bigger teams in the past. I would prefer to go with a forward with some size who is strong in front of the net, with the puck and at the boards. I doubt that Garland could be that player come playoff time. Not everybody can be a Marchand or Theo Fleury.
He’s not but plays with a lot of grit. He has the speed and tenacity to be very effective in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think Calgary is intriguing because more than just their position in the standings, they need to blow up their core. They just haven’t gotten anything done for whatever reason. Can obviously be done in the off-season (Gaudreau to Philly?), but if you can find a contender hungry for Monahan, Hanifin, or anyone else really, it may be worth making the deal now.

I don’t see an easy match there for us, but they’re a team to watch for sure.

Here’s a different question - what would Buffalo need to add to convince you to take Skinner at 50% retained? That’s a big roll of the dice, but won’t cost you major assets to take that off their hands. I know it’s an albatross, but at $4.5? If they offered Skinner at 50% and a second for a 7th would you do it?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I dunno, I seem to remember a lot of people here complaining over the past few years how we get physically shut down by Tampa and lamenting our players sizes and inability to play through the physical.

Of course, if its not the either of those it would be something else.
Physically dominated by St. Louis in the Finals, pushed around last season by Tampa, Conor Garland is the answer. He of 1 goal in 8 playoff games.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
He’s not but plays with a lot of grit. He has the speed and tenacity to be very effective in the playoffs.

He hasnt really proven that yet in the playoffs because of Arizona being Arizona. The thing is, we kind of went with a project last year with Kase, gave up a first rounder and it failed. Unfortunately I think he is done. Arizona needs a first rounder and I doubt they give up Garland for anything less. I prefer to go with a proven player if we want give up another first round pick. Somebody that has shown that he is picking his game up in the playoffs.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I think Calgary is intriguing because more than just their position in the standings, they need to blow up their core. They just haven’t gotten anything done for whatever reason. Can obviously be done in the off-season (Gaudreau to Philly?), but if you can find a contender hungry for Monahan, Hanifin, or anyone else really, it may be worth making the deal now.

Here’s a different question - what would Buffalo need to add to convince you to take Skinner at 50% retained? That’s a big roll of the dice, but won’t cost you major assets to take that off their hands. I know it’s an albatross, but at $4.5? If they offered Skinner at 50% and a second for a 7th would you do it?
No. Skinner is arguably the worst contract in the NHL, even at 4.5m

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

Buffalo can send us Skinner 50% retained for their 1st round pick this year.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Or he keeps on getting better and if traded to a better team and plays with better players breaks out and is a 80 pt guy.
Go do a search of Tyler Ennis stats and compare to Garlands at the same age. Small guys have to be exceptionally skilled to survive and be successful in the playoffs. Odds are Garland won’t be the player the Bruins need when push comes to shove deep in the playoffs. If he were available for a 2nd round pick maybe you roll the dice. Not for the packages you guys are suggesting. Not for a 5’9” forward

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Watching this Sabres Pens game, Sabres should be giving Hall away. 2 goals 100% on him. Let’s offer them a 3rd at 50% retained.
I agree, he is the worst player on the ice. On the powerplay he stands still and tries to make impossible passes across the zone. In his own end he should of gotten the puck out of the zone but he passes completely across the ice and the Penguins intercept.

He would do nothing to improve the Bruins the way he is playing. Reinhart would be a good addition.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He hasnt really proven that yet in the playoffs because of Arizona being Arizona. The thing is, we kind of went with a project last year with Kase, gave up a first rounder and it failed. Unfortunately I think he is done. Arizona needs a first rounder and I doubt they give up Garland for anything less. I prefer to go with a proven player if we want give up another first round pick. Somebody that has shown that he is picking his game up in the playoffs.

hmmmmm someone like joe pavelski?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Garland a former fifth round pick and because of his small nature is a very risky trade. These small guys take a beating over an 82 game schedule and rarely last. I think if we’re patient with Oskar Steen he could be a similar version to CG

I still prefer grabbing Reinhart from Buffalo
I think youre right about steen. If boston doesnt make a move for a good player in conor garland now out of arizonas rebuilding team that doesnt need him, and we are patient with oskar steen, in a few years time he might be a similar player to what garland is now...just in time for boston to have likely turned into arizona and is a rebuilding team that doesnt need him

Reactions: Tbaybruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad