Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Physically dominated by St. Louis in the Finals, pushed around last season by Tampa, Conor Garland is the answer. He of 1 goal in 8 playoff games.

They have addressed their lack of size with Ritchie, Frederic, Lauzon (playing full time) and Kevan Miller. They now have two guys with beef in their middle6 in Ritchie and Coyle and two guys on the 4th line with Frederic and Kuraly. They might add an Ekholm or Oleksiak as well.

Not every player needs to be Coyle or Ritchie. It wasn't that way on STL or TB.

This team needs another play driver for the 2nd line, much more than they need more size IMHO.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Do you have a man crush on JP ? Are you a relative? All your posts way overrate him...

Yeah....lets give up our potential future #1 goalie who can be here for 15 years for an old guy .....yeah...great idea

I think Buffalo could use a new GM....maybe you should apply

You said b level. I like to name the b level guy. If not swayman, vladar? Lauko?

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
He hasnt really proven that yet in the playoffs because of Arizona being Arizona. The thing is, we kind of went with a project last year with Kase, gave up a first rounder and it failed. Unfortunately I think he is done. Arizona needs a first rounder and I doubt they give up Garland for anything less. I prefer to go with a proven player if we want give up another first round pick. Somebody that has shown that he is picking his game up in the playoffs.
Reinhart

Reactions: bbfan419

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
But you do not watch either of them, you are basing this off Vladars one NHL game. You also think Steen is our best prospect and are willing to trade pretty much anything for 37 year old Pavelski

im basing it off 2 vladar viewings actually and some twitter highlights from camp last year and i do think steen is our best prospect but i dont think any of them are top line talents. So hes (in my opinion) the best 3rd liner out of a sea of them. So with that being said since i basically view them all as the same i dont really mind seeing any of them go for a 36 year old pavelski since a 3rd line only needs 3 players and we have like 7 of them

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Physically dominated by St. Louis in the Finals, pushed around last season by Tampa, Conor Garland is the answer. He of 1 goal in 8 playoff games.
Wow 8 playoff game. Not a good sample size is it. Don’t worry about the finals with out a guy like Garland we will be lucky to get to round 2

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
These people still pushing for size over scoring when they aren’t some push over team and score a goal a game is LOL funny and pretty typical

Like guys they can bully the shit out of teams, it doesn’t matter when they have 4.5 top 6 guys and don’t put the puck in the net 5 on 5

Garland would be a huge add now and going forward.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He hasnt really proven that yet in the playoffs because of Arizona being Arizona. The thing is, we kind of went with a project last year with Kase, gave up a first rounder and it failed. Unfortunately I think he is done. Arizona needs a first rounder and I doubt they give up Garland for anything less. I prefer to go with a proven player if we want give up another first round pick. Somebody that has shown that he is picking his game up in the playoffs.
Well there isn’t a lot of players available that have great playoff records. Don’t we want players who are younger and should fit with our team the next five years? Let’s trade first rounders for guys who have their best years ahead of them. Garland is so much better then Kase ever was it’s not even close.

Reactions: Lo97 and Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
These people still pushing for size over scoring when they aren’t some push over team and score a goal a game is LOL funny and pretty typical

Like guys they can bully the shit out of teams, it doesn’t matter when they have 4.5 top 6 guys and don’t put the puck in the net 5 on 5

Truth. Nice post.

Reactions: CDJ

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

More snarl! Never enough snarl! Miles Wood!

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Go do a search of Tyler Ennis stats and compare to Garlands at the same age. Small guys have to be exceptionally skilled to survive and be successful in the playoffs. Odds are Garland won’t be the player the Bruins need when push comes to shove deep in the playoffs. If he were available for a 2nd round pick maybe you roll the dice. Not for the packages you guys are suggesting. Not for a 5’9” forward
He is exceptionally skilled. He’s high energy,scores 5 on 5 and getting better every year. He’s getting the same respect Martin St. Louis got when he was placed on waivers. To small. Well this kid is skilled.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

Who said size over scoring? I want size AND scoring. Garland only fits scoring and is unproven. You probably have to pay a steep price to get him starting with a first rounder. For me I would add up and go for a player like Forsberg. He is proven and you know what you are surely getting, size, scoring and player who steps it up come playoff time.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Well there isn’t a lot of players available that have great playoff records. Don’t we want players who are younger and should fit with our team the next five years? Let’s trade first rounders for guys who have their best years ahead of them. Garland is so much better then Kase ever was it’s not even close.

They are the same age, have almost the same career high in points with 39 and 38 and Kase is a little bit worse in his ppg. The only thing Kase got more is concussions, unfortunately.

Get a real driver for this second line rw. If you have to pay a price that hurts go big.

Reactions: bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Who said size over scoring? I want size AND scoring. Garland only fits scoring and is unproven. You probably have to pay a steep price to get him starting with a first rounder. For me I would add up and go for a player like Forsberg. He is proven and you know what you are surely getting, size, scoring and player who steps it up come playoff time.

I would love me some Forsberg too, that would definitely move the needle

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
The best trade for the team 2021 and expention Seattle Kraker

Ekholm and Johansson for Krejci.Bjork,Vaakalainnen,Zboril,and 2 rond pick 2021

Marchand Bergeron Studnicka
Debrusk Johansson Pastrnak
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Frederic Kuraly Senyshen (Wagner)

Ekholm McAvoy
Grzelcyk Carlo
Lauzon Miller
Tinordi Clifton

Rask and Halak

next year 7 foward 3 defense Krejci UFA if Johansson play good protect if play bad the play off no protect any way Johansson is better and younger Krejci now

Last edited:

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
The best trade for the team 2021 and expention Seattle Kraker

Ekholm and Johansson for Krejci.Bjork,Vaakalainnen,Zboril,and 2 rond pick 2021

Marchand Bergeron Studnicka
Debrusk Johansson Pastrnak
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Frederic Kuraly Senyshen (Wagner)

Ekholm McAvoy
Grzelcyk Carlo
Lauzon Miller
Tinordi Clifton

Rask and Halak

next year 7 foward 3 defense Krejci UFA if Johansson play good protect if play bad the play off no protect any way Johansson is better and younger Krejci now
This makes no sense for either team

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Wow you would think that Garland is a superstar in the league. Excuse me but for me he is another undersized winger who gets abused at the boards in the playoffs.

After watching this video I am also sure that he is closer to being 5.8 tall then the official 5.10.

Agree, people wanting to package a first and two prospects for Garland is insane! It is Connor Garland not Connor McDavid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad