Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
They have addressed their lack of size with Ritchie, Frederic, Lauzon (playing full time) and Kevan Miller. They now have two guys with beef in their middle6 in Ritchie and Coyle and two guys on the 4th line with Frederic and Kuraly. They might add an Ekholm or Oleksiak as well.

Not every player needs to be Coyle or Ritchie. It wasn't that way on STL or TB.

This team needs another play driver for the 2nd line, much more than they need more size IMHO.
While I do agree, I believe it’s a major roll of the dice counting on a really small forward to be that play driver. I can count on one hand how many NHLers are his size and drive play in the playoffs. Marchand & Patrick Kane being two. Even Johnny Gaudreau’s offensive numbers sink in the playoffs. Garland has to be an exceptional talent to be counted on to produce in the playoffs at his size. I personally wouldn’t give up a 1st on that gamble.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He is exceptionally skilled. He’s hhigh energy,scores 5 on 5 and getting better every year. He’s getting the same respect Martin St. Louis got when he was placed on waivers. To small. Well this kid is skilled.
He could become Marty St. Louis or he can become your next Tyler Ennis. Bruins are in win now mode. I’d rather gamble on more proven talent with a tad bit more size. Again I’m not opposed to Garland I’m just opposed to giving up a 1st for him.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
For me it depends where Gryz slots in the lineup. As a #5 puck moving D man I have 0 problem with Gryz.

Where you get in trouble with Gryz is in the 2-3 spot and getting exposed to tough matchups especially come PO time against the bigger teams.

If he is your #4-5 guy helping the PP no problem with Gryz.

Xxx Mac
Lauzon Carlo
Gryz Miller (if healthy)

Fill that spot and that's a good 6 playing in the right spots.
This is a Poster.....who understands the game.

Gryz is a 5-6 DMAN who should be plaing 12-14 minutes, Tops...........Lets put PK on that left side with Charlie....PK can play either side.......PK and Charlie would be dynamic......
These guys want to compare Gry to PK Subban.........

Get me Wood and PK. PK at 40% retained. . Make this move, i dont see anyone beating us. Next year either.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Gryz is a 5-6 DMAN who should be plaing 12-14 minutes, Tops...........Lets put PK on that left side with Charlie....PK can play either side.......PK and Charlie would be dynamic......

Get me Wood and PK. PK at 40% retained. . Make this move, i dont see anyone beating us. Next year either.

If Subban was making league minimum I wouldn’t trade Grizz for him.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Hey hey be nice

I like hockey and like this place but I readily admit I’m not a hockey guy

I’m quoting Bruins stats and supporting Donny who’s been very nice to me since he showed up in mid 80’s and to my yute

if you say it I must defer / let’s get PK & fire Donny
If Donny is smart enough to get PK....Or a guy like him but there are not many. Speak of his demise are false. The guy is hitting on many cylinders right now.

If Donny gets him or someone....How about one world class player which....he has never done via trade or FA...Only one in six years via draft.....Talk about letting the lettuce rot....

If Donny does his job, he can stay.....But he must do his job. He has failed at that so far. instead taking credit for previous GM players....Sad thing to be that kind of man.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

I think the game has changed quite a bit. Gryz really hasn’t been exposed in any matchups he has taken on. Not to mention his advanced stats as just a pure defenseman(forget about points) are some of the best in the NHL (not that I think he is one of the best in the NHL).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Step away as far from Evander Kane as you could. No, better keep on running away from him. He doesnt fit this teams culture. And I am not even starting about his bankrupcy

His 14 goals and 13 assist and perhaps changed person doesn't appeal to you? Thinking the dude would be ideal for the bruins.

Disclaimer - I have no idea if Evander has cleaned up his act. I believe so but could be wrong.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If Donny is smart enough to get PK....Or a guy like him but there are not many. Speak of his demise are false. The guy is hitting on many cylinders right now.

If Donny gets him or someone....How about one world class player which....he has never done via trade or FA...Only one in six years via draft.....Talk about letting the lettuce rot....

If Donny does his job, he can stay.....But he must do his job. He has failed at that so far. instead taking credit for previous GM players....Sad thing to be that kind of man.

So you're stumping for a player making $9 mil a year who is 31 years old and plays a position the Bruins don't need help at (RD).

Why?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Very much Dislike Gryz comment
Very much Like Wood comment
So So like PK comment

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
His 14 goals and 13 assist and perhaps changed person doesn't appeal to you? Thinking the dude would be ideal for the bruins.

Disclaimer - I have no idea if Evander has cleaned up his act. I believe so but could be wrong.

I don't keep up with the off ice stuff but $7M through 2025 is enough to make me say not a chance. The Sharks are in huge trouble with their salary cap situation in the years ahead.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
So you're stumping for a player making $9 mil a year who is 31 years old and plays a position the Bruins don't need help at (RD).

Why?
Far more confusing understanding which words are capitalized after the random ellipses and which aren't.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

He has 1 goal and 4 assists in his last 10 games. All cylinders.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
15 losses in a row, with Hall in the line-up, the highest since the shootout era, how could it possibly be worse off with out him.

Sounds like someone trying to pump Taylor Halls worth higher nearing the deadline too me.
yeah some random guy on twitter is trying to pump his trade value, makes sense

the point is that even though the team sucks and is going to lose either way, they at least generate chances when he's on the ice. It's stupid to blame one guy for a team's losses. Remember when people used to say the same about Ryan OReilly in Buffalo? How'd that turn out?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
yeah some random guy on twitter is trying to pump his trade value, makes sense

the point is that even though the team sucks and is going to lose either way, they at least generate chances when he's on the ice. It's stupid to blame one guy for a team's losses. Remember when people used to say the same about Ryan OReilly in Buffalo? How'd that turn out?
15 losses in a row, no question that's a full team effort right from management all the way down to the 13th forward. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad