Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You must not watch much non-Bruins hockey, do you?

Garland: 25 yrs old, 9 goals, 25 points in 32 games
Rakell: 27 yrs old, 6 goals, 21 points in 34 games
I have been watching the Bruins and hockey in general over 40 years. Rakell plays at both ends of the ice, Garland is more the typical small offensive player, not saying I would not take him at the right price, but I would take Rakell, Reinhart or Forsberg over him any day. I watched Garland a lot here in junior and yes I know players can/ will develop as they mature, but for me he is not bad, but not a playoff type guy and others like Rakell would be adding more than just some offense.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I have been watching the Bruins and hockey in general over 40 years. Rakell plays at both ends of the ice, Garland is more the typical small offensive player, not saying I would not take him at the right price, but I would take Rakell, Reinhart or Forsberg over him any day. I watched Garland a lot here in junior and yes I know players can/ will develop as they mature, but for me he is not bad, but not a playoff type guy and others like Rakell would be adding more than just some offense.

Rakell would automatically make the Bruins a front runner for the Cup. He's the guy I want and Sweeney and Murray like to deal, so Im holding out he's a bruin in the near future. If not him, I want a package of Arvidsson and Ekholm.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bottom line is this: Do we really think that the Bruins are going to make a substantial trade(s) toward shoring up the team enough to make a major run at the Stanley Cup or is Sweeney going to make a couple of eleventh hour moves to appease the pink hats? I have little faith in the idea that DS will do anything significant prior to the TDL and as usual they're always in on the high-end guy only to end up with a concussed shell of a player. I hope that I'm wrong but if the past has shown us anything it's that Donnie will kick the can down the road and say "wait 'till the offseason, the time wasn't right, prices were too much."

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Bottom line is this: Do we really think that the Bruins are going to make a substantial trade(s) toward shoring up the team enough to make a major run at the Stanley Cup or is Sweeney going to make a couple of eleventh hour moves to appease the pink hats? I have little faith in the idea that DS will do anything significant prior to the TDL and as usual they're always in on the high-end guy only to end up with a concussed shell of a player. I hope that I'm wrong but if the past has shown us anything it's that Donnie will kick the can down the road and say "wait 'till the offseason, the time wasn't right, prices were too much."
I believe it will be the latter. However I remain hopeful I’m wrong, it’s fools hope really

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think the game has changed quite a bit. Gryz really hasn’t been exposed in any matchups he has taken on. Not to mention his advanced stats as just a pure defenseman(forget about points) are some of the best in the NHL (not that I think he is one of the best in the NHL).
I thought he’s been with McAvoy and against top lines

I say this because when I watch who Grzelcyk-McAvoy been out against lot of skilled forwards who can’t check and 48 & 73 been blowing by them and hence the ridiculous analytic stats.

Maybe I’m missing something here I’ll watch tonight but Bruce has last changes

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Then the same old song and dance in the offseason

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bob McKenzie sounded very bearish on trades in the League right now. In between periods of the Pens/Sabres game he said that 1) he sees no appetite for the League to make any changes at all to officiating and 2) the trade market is essentially dried up.

Take it FWIW.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I thought he’s been with McAvoy and against top lines

I say this because when I watch who Grzelcyk-McAvoy been out against lot of skilled forwards who can’t check and 48 & 73 been blowing by them and hence the ridiculous analytic stats.

Maybe I’m missing something here I’ll watch tonight but Bruce has last changes

As McAvoy put it. He loves playing with Grizz because they never have to play defense.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’m good with adding the guys back on the team that lost 1 game in regulation first 14 (and it was actually tied in third of that game when Grzelcyk went out)

I have 0.0 problems with a healthy roster doing nothing if it means sacrificing future

Ekholm- yes but expansion screws up

Forsberg- dream for tomorrow

full squad I like their chances and their heading that way

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bob McKenzie sounded very bearish on trades in the League right now. In between periods of the Pens/Sabres game he said that 1) he sees no appetite for the League to make any changes at all to officiating and 2) the trade market is essentially dried up.

Take it FWIW.
Coming from McKenzie I believe it, but all it takes is one team pulling the trigger to get a knee jerk reaction from all the other hope to be contenders.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As McAvoy put it. He loves playing with Grizz because they never have to play defense.

The few games I saw since Gryz returned when he and McAvoy were out there together in the offensive zone at 5 on 5 it was like the Bruins were on the PP with the puck movement from Gryz/McAvoy. Hard to score when they have the puck in the offensive zone all shift long.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Coming from McKenzie I believe it, but all it takes is one team pulling the trigger, to get a knee jerk reaction from all the other hope to be contenders.
I think you are absolutely right. It's like that ship that is clogging up the Suez Canal. Once it is free everyone will try to get through.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Take it FWIW.

I think the Bruins have put themselves in a spectacular spot because they're one of the only competing teams that can genuinely take on salary.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Take it FWIW.

Bob knows his s%^t. Gotta believe it to be true.

Reactions: Number8

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Take it FWIW.
Have to think that teams are worried about making a trade and losing a good player to Seattle because of it. Really increases the value of UFAs since they won't have to be protected.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Take it FWIW.

I think with the number of injuries teams are facing with basically every team just as or more beat up than we are, plus the impending expansion draft and the diminished value of draft picks this year given constraints on scouting, many teams are probably in "let's just see what happens" mode.

Ekholm and Foresburg are popular conversation pieces here, but Nashville's still in the mix for a playoff spot. That 4th position in the Central is very much up for grabs.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Then it is I who hasn't been watching enough non-Bruins hockey :laugh:

I watch a good amount of Coyotes, as they're one of my favorite non-Bruins teams with a lot of my family being in AZ, and am a big fan of Garland. He's the kind of pure offensive player that this team needs if they want to fix their scoring. From what I've seen, he's been a hard worker and responsible defensively, too, and I think he could potentially be the easiest to obtain, assuming Arizona isn't going to want to pay him at seasons end.

I think Reinhart is most people's #1 option, but I don't know how realistically attainable he would be. IMO, he could be a Nathan Horton-level add. Consistent scorer on a bad team waiting to be unleashed on a contender. Price would be astronomical though.

Forsberg doesn't feel realistic because Nashville is still in the playoff hunt. I don't think they truly view themselves as needing to rebuild.

You do a good sell job for Rakell. I've never thought of him as much more than a scoring threat, but you seem convinced he's more well rounded. I can't say he's jumped out to me in any of the Ducks games I've seen this year, but maybe I haven't watched enough. Maybe Murray would give us a discount since the Kase deal ended so poorly for us!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
15 losses in a row, no question that's a full team effort right from management all the way down to the 13th forward. :laugh:
bruh do you always miss the point this hard? what are we even talking about here?

did Bergeron not have a -28 season on a 76 point team once? Should he have been blacklisted too? I literally handed you the Ryan O'Reilly example. Buffalo is a rotten organization. Hall can certainly be better but there are much bigger reasons for them losing every night.

Reactions: Lo97

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yah I sort of noticed it

I sit behind net on post to goalies right second row in periods 1 & 3 so I kinda sorta can watch the defenseman react, read, breakouts etc. and coached defense although never played it.

That doesn’t make my Scotty Bowman but I get a spectacular view of the Bruins defense.

My observation is Grzelcyk is outstanding

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yah I sort of noticed it

I sit behind net on post to goalies right second row in periods 1 & 3 so I kinda sorta can watch the defenseman react, read, breakouts etc. and coached defense although never played it.

That doesn’t make my Scotty Bowman but I get a spectacular view of the Bruins defense.

My observation is Grzelcyk is outstanding

Would if be fair to say one of Gryz's best attributes (lateral mobility, agility) is harder to notice watching on TV left-to-right than being situated at the end of the rink where the view is essentially up and down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad