Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I like alot of the names your mentioning, however, I think Subban is maybe the easiest get. (1) Sabres are rebuilding (2) his contract is massive so they know they will have to eat some of it (3) He is playing good hockey on a terrible team and he is a big game player.

When I look at our previous appearances in the finals I noticed that we always seem to have three good pairs. I would argue that our 3rd pair in may cases would be a top pair on most teams in those instances.

2011 3rd pair - Kaberle - McQuaid (On most teams that season this would be a top pairing)

2013 3rd pair - Krug - Mcquaid (Krug was clutch that year breaking out as a rookie in the playoffs)

2019 3rd pair - Grezlyk - Clifton (Not as strong as the other two)

Lauzon-McCavoy

Grez-Carlo

Zboril-Subban

Would be three balanced trios if you ask me.
Subban doesn't play for the Sabres.

Reactions: lopey

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

If this is the case Sweeney should absolutely be in on it. I'd feel a lot better about moving DeBrusk if they could plug Hall in his spot. I think he'll do well again once he's outside Buffalo.

It could very well become a buyers market, with teams perhaps not willing to give up high picks/prospects for players with their future status being uncertain do the pandemic.

Reactions: bbfan419 and kjpm

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I have season tickets since 1983

I PERSONALLY don’t want them to sell off the future

I don’t want to be whores, and end up paying a lot of money to see a Buffalo train wreck. F that

IF IF IF it’s a good deal that makes sense yes but I have (as have my HF text buddies) seen H-O-R-I-B-U-L-L short sighted deals that screw the Bruins over long term

BOTTOM LINE

if I was making the deal I would be fine with it because I know the fick I’m doing ?

don’t believe me ? Join our SIM league and I will beat you like a red headed step mule or whatever that poster told me he would do to me yesterday

Okay, fine. But if you don't think that there are true studs in the system, then is it even possible to sell pieces off and end up much worse than you were going to be?

I've heard a few names, like Studnicka, Beecher, Swayman. Fine, pick a few that you would be terrified to have haunt you down the line. But beyond that, I say sell anything in the name of this roster right here.

Obviously Don Sweeney isn't going to change his MO and all of a sudden close a couple meaningful deals like he's Dombrowski of the NHL, but I believe he should be ready to give up multiple pieces of the future to add guys for this year and next. I feel confident that not only will he not be here in 5 years, but the Bruins from 2025-2035 or whenever will be nowhere near as good as a the Bruins from 2010-2025. It's been a terrific run, and it obviously coincides with a few key players, and a few of them remain and are still productive. You gotta seize on that and live with what comes after. First lines like ours don't come around often - wasting it seems criminal.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I know not popular opinion but I say many Frederics.
Yeah, probably not popular. If it's just numbers wise I might agree, but the kid has shown he can totally unglue the best in the league as a pest and can handle whatever passes for a heavyweight these days. He doesn't leave them short handed and has put up 4 ish goals in his last 10ish games. I don't see that in the system beyond him.

Last edited:

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I would.

Ritchie too. This team has been looking high and low for guys with size/grit that can actually play. Now they have two of them IMO I'm not willing to let either go so Neely can continue his search for Power Forward-types.

Meanwhile, this team shed Chara and Krug, Hasn't iced it's projected best 6 D-men since Game 1 of this year. Meanwhile team defense, PP and PK haven't really missed a beat. Which tells me between the defensive system they play, and the depth of D-men they have, if they lose one of Gryz/Lauzon/Clifton/Zboril to Seattle, they will be just fine.

The forward corps needs all the help it can get. Now and moving forward.

I know he doesnt like doing this but this time Sweeney better makes a deal with the expansion team to protect everybody he wants to keep. Bruins could loose a real good player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Okay, fine. But if you don't think that there are true studs in the system, then is it even possible to sell pieces off and end up much worse than you were going to be?

I've heard a few names, like Studnicka, Beecher, Swayman. Fine, pick a few that you would be terrified to have haunt you down the line. But beyond that, I say sell anything in the name of this roster right here.

Obviously Don Sweeney isn't going to change his MO and all of a sudden close a couple meaningful deals like he's Dombrowski of the NHL, but I believe he should be ready to give up multiple pieces of the future to add guys for this year and next. I feel confident that not only will he not be here in 5 years, but the Bruins from 2025-2035 or whenever will be nowhere near as good as a the Bruins from 2010-2025. It's been a terrific run, and it obviously coincides with a few key players, and a few of them remain and are still productive. You gotta seize on that and live with what comes after. First lines like ours don't come around often - wasting it seems criminal.
I’ll trade any all just as long as I’m getting back a long term impact player like Forsberg or Eichel

all are available

Rasmus Dahlin a complete mess in Buffalo on pace to be all time worse plus minus

I’d give up any 2 of them

Lauzon & Studnicka

done

take on some of Skinner

sure

I’m not giving up any top 10 prospect or any first round pick for a rental

ones only go when player coming back is a stud

Dahlin, Reinhart, Eichel - yes

Hall - pass

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’ll trade any all just as long as I’m getting back a long term impact player like Forsberg or Eichel

all are available

Rasmus Dahlin a complete mess in Buffalo on pace to be all time worse plus minus

I’d give up any 2 of them

Lauzon & Studnicka

done

take on some of Skinner

sure

I’m not giving up any top 10 prospect or any first round pick for a rental

ones only go when player coming back is a stud

Dahlin, Reinhart, Eichel - yes

Hall - pass
This

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I like Palmeiri a lot

what would I not kill Sweeney on ?

A second and if he resigns a conditional third

what would I lose it on ?

Beecher, Lauko, Studnicka, Lorhri etc....

any legit prospect be it Hall or Olsen ....pass

a number 1 he should be fired

stop chasing it

Ekholm- I’m willing to go Vaakanainen and a 2 and Steen

I’ll worry about expansion problem later but no first and no Beecher etc

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What about Hall for something less than a 1st or a stud prospect? Like a 2nd and Cam Hughes or something along those lines? I'd say he would be worth that much to take a chance on.
you do realize until Buffalo is not in the Division, why would we want any prospect we developed playing against us 8-12 times a year

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What about Hall for something less than a 1st or a stud prospect? Like a 2nd and Cam Hughes or something along those lines? I'd say he would be worth that much to take a chance on.
Yup I would

but Beecher & first I read in Atlantic
F that

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
you do realize until Buffalo is not in the Division, why would we want any prospect we developed playing against us 8-12 times a year

Sorry but you can't worry about that when you are trying to improve your club. It's not like Buffalo is any good, so who gives a rip if some prospect of ours becomes an NHL regular there? They aren't beating the Bruins any time soon whatever happens.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sorry but you can't worry about that when you are trying to improve your club. It's not like Buffalo is any good, so who gives a rip if someone prospect of ours becomes an NHL regular there? They aren't beating the Bruins any time soon whatever happens.
why take that chance of them becoming a Capitals, an Islanders team that has dominance, is where most of us are in deference to anything Pegula or Sabres related.

the adage being why help them to then say why did we do that or keep X Prospect here for Boston rather than watch said prospect do that elsewhere, whether that's Buffalo or elsewhere

nevermind the significance of DN being based in Buffalo....

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Hall isn’t the answer. Go after someone young and has term. I could careless what prospects you give up. As long as it’s a young established player that will be in his prime for the next 3/4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad