Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
I don't really see which forward Bruins should protect ahead of Lauzon and Grzelcyk. Going 4-4 seems to make most sense. I guess they have to protect Coyle since he has NMC, but at this point I'm not losing much sleep over DeBrusk.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't really see which forward Bruins should protect ahead of Lauzon and Grzelcyk. Going 4-4 seems to make most sense. I guess they have to protect Coyle since he has NMC, but at this point I'm not losing much sleep over DeBrusk.

I'm not exposing Trent Frederic at the expense of a D-man when you considered how deep the Bruins are at the D position, and how successful they are developing D-men.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'm not exposing Trent Frederic at the expense of a D-man when you considered how deep the Bruins are at the D position, and how successful they are developing D-men.
You would keep Frederic over Lauzon and Grezclyk. I would expose Frederic, Smith, Ritchie and DeBrusk in order to protect the four d including Lauzon and Grezclyk. Keep our strength and lose one middle 6 forward. Heck if I am them I might still grab Zboril but in all likelihood, it’s DeBrusk, Ritchie or Frederic we lose in that scenario.

Reactions: Lo97 and Blowfish

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Would if be fair to say one of Gryz's best attributes (lateral mobility, agility) is harder to notice watching on TV left-to-right than being situated at the end of the rink where the view is essentially up and down?
His hockey intelligence is elite / his stick is quick.

I sit there about 25+ Regular and all playoffs

I also sit balcony row 2 section 301 dead center ice (GM family seats infront of me) bench side for 10+ games

I’m covered lol

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Right? The whole point of being flush in NHL talent at a position is to be able to weather the loss of a player or two there. How many Frederic's are there in the system vs. how many young d. . ..

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I’m good with adding the guys back on the team that lost 1 game in regulation first 14 (and it was actually tied in third of that game when Grzelcyk went out)

I have 0.0 problems with a healthy roster doing nothing if it means sacrificing future

Ekholm- yes but expansion screws up

Forsberg- dream for tomorrow

full squad I like their chances and their heading that way

I still don't get this. The future isn't particularly bright, so why point towards it? This team's top 'talents' are all on the NHL roster, and a few key ones are aging. If you can't give up some of the future now, with an aging Bergeron still performing, then when can you? It's not like we have a stable of studs 2-3 years away who are ever going to be as good as players like Pasta, Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci, McAvoy or Rask. This is the window right here.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Then it is I who hasn't been watching enough non-Bruins hockey :laugh:

I watch a good amount of Coyotes, as they're one of my favorite non-Bruins teams with a lot of my family being in AZ, and am a big fan of Garland. He's the kind of pure offensive player that this team needs if they want to fix their scoring. From what I've seen, he's been a hard worker and responsible defensively, too, and I think he could potentially be the easiest to obtain, assuming Arizona isn't going to want to pay him at seasons end.

I think Reinhart is most people's #1 option, but I don't know how realistically attainable he would be. IMO, he could be a Nathan Horton-level add. Consistent scorer on a bad team waiting to be unleashed on a contender. Price would be astronomical though.

Forsberg doesn't feel realistic because Nashville is still in the playoff hunt. I don't think they truly view themselves as needing to rebuild.

You do a good sell job for Rakell. I've never thought of him as much more than a scoring threat, but you seem convinced he's more well rounded. I can't say he's jumped out to me in any of the Ducks games I've seen this year, but maybe I haven't watched enough. Maybe Murray would give us a discount since the Kase deal ended so poorly for us!
Don;t get me wrong Garland if he can some offense to the B's sure I take him like all players depends what the ask is. Rakell yeah he has a more rounded game than most people realize. You are probably right about Forsberg, Ekholm I am not paying that price for him, I would offer it for Forsberg see if they bite. Reinhart I think is a sneaky good add, he can play wing for now and replace Krejci at C once he is gone, maybe they get Hall at 50% retained as well and the price comes down a bit who knows. Either way I want to see Donny do something.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You would keep Frederic over Lauzon and Grezclyk. I would expose Frederic, Smith, Ritchie and DeBrusk in order to protect the four d including Lauzon and Grezclyk. Keep our strength and lose one middle 6 forward. Heck if I am them I might still grab Zboril but in all likelihood, it’s DeBrusk, Ritchie or Frederic we lose in that scenario.

I would.

Ritchie too. This team has been looking high and low for guys with size/grit that can actually play. Now they have two of them IMO I'm not willing to let either go so Neely can continue his search for Power Forward-types.

Meanwhile, this team shed Chara and Krug, Hasn't iced it's projected best 6 D-men since Game 1 of this year. Meanwhile team defense, PP and PK haven't really missed a beat. Which tells me between the defensive system they play, and the depth of D-men they have, if they lose one of Gryz/Lauzon/Clifton/Zboril to Seattle, they will be just fine.

The forward corps needs all the help it can get. Now and moving forward.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Rakell would automatically make the Bruins a front runner for the Cup. He's the guy I want and Sweeney and Murray like to deal, so Im holding out he's a bruin in the near future. If not him, I want a package of Arvidsson and Ekholm.
That works for me, Rakell is kind of like Forsberg lite, not quite as good offensively, but still a pretty solid add. I would like to see 3 additions, Rakell and one more solid forward like Reinhart and then a D that will cost less maybe Savard or Oleksiak. I know asking a lot, but to me that would be one solid trade period.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Would if be fair to say one of Gryz's best attributes (lateral mobility, agility) is harder to notice watching on TV left-to-right than being situated at the end of the rink where the view is essentially up and down?
I also suspect a lot of what he does best is off camera with a typical broadcast view

Reactions: BruinDust

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would.

Ritchie too. This team has been looking high and low for guys with size/grit that can actually play. Now they have two of them IMO I'm not willing to let either go so Neely can continue his search for Power Forward-types.

Meanwhile, this team shed Chara and Krug, Hasn't iced it's projected best 6 D-men since Game 1 of this year. Meanwhile team defense, PP and PK haven't really missed a beat. Which tells me between the defensive system they play, and the depth of D-men they have, if they lose one of Gryz/Lauzon/Clifton/Zboril to Seattle, they will be just fine.

The forward corps needs all the help it can get. Now and moving forward.

On a one-for-one talent basis, your point seems totally wrong. In general, D like Lauzon and Gryz have more value to a typical hockey club than Ritchie, Frederic or even DeBrusk.

That said, I think your point might be absolutely right. This team's ability to develop D seems almost reliable at this point, vs. their total ineptness at finding forwards who can be physical and don't completely suck. Now maybe that's small sample size or bad luck, but just one more stupid signing like Backes or Beleskey would be worse than losing any of those D-men, hands down.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
On a one-for-one talent basis, your point seems totally wrong. Without a doubt, Lauzon and Gryz have more value to a typical hockey club than Ritchie, Frederic or even DeBrusk.

That said, I think your point might be absolutely right. This team's ability to develop D seems almost reliable at this point, vs. their total ineptness at finding forwards who can be physical and don't completely suck. Now maybe that's small sample size or bad luck, but just one more stupid signing like Backes or Beleskey would be worse than losing any of those D-men, hands down.

Perfectly said.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
bruh do you always miss the point this hard? what are we even talking about here?

did Bergeron not have a -28 season on a 76 point team once? Should he have been blacklisted too? I literally handed you the Ryan O'Reilly example. Buffalo is a rotten organization. Hall can certainly be better but there are much bigger reasons for them losing every night.

What in the beep beep are you talking about ??? :huh:

By saying everyone is to blame that ultimately is saying that it isn't all on Hall shoulders.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I still don't get this. The future isn't particularly bright, so why point towards it? This team's top 'talents' are all on the NHL roster, and a few key ones are aging. If you can't give up some of the future now, with an aging Bergeron still performing, then when can you? It's not like we have a stable of studs 2-3 years away who are ever going to be as good as players like Pasta, Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci, McAvoy or Rask. This is the window right here.
I have season tickets since 1983

I PERSONALLY don’t want them to sell off the future

I don’t want to be whores, and end up paying a lot of money to see a Buffalo train wreck. F that

IF IF IF it’s a good deal that makes sense yes but I have (as have my HF text buddies) seen H-O-R-I-B-U-L-L short sighted deals that screw the Bruins over long term

BOTTOM LINE

if I was making the deal I would be fine with it because I know the fick I’m doing ?

don’t believe me ? Join our SIM league and I will beat you like a red headed step mule or whatever that poster told me he would do to me yesterday

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I protect Frederic over a dee. Bruins have needed a guy like Frederic since losing Lucic, Shawn T and McQuaid.

If they lose one of Lauzon-Zboril or Grizz then the pipeline has to replace just one of them. I would protect Mac and Carlo and prefer to keep Lauzon but Grizz is a treat to watch.

We have Vaak ready for next year. Lohrei at 6'4" is looking like a steal, give him a few yrs and he will be ready.

Brady Lyle at 6'3" and 210 lbs with a bomb of a shot is heating up in Providence with 8 pts in his last 10 games. He should be in the mix as well as Ahcan, although the size may be an issue.

Last edited:

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

If this is the case Sweeney should absolutely be in on it. I'd feel a lot better about moving DeBrusk if they could plug Hall in his spot. I think he'll do well again once he's outside Buffalo.

Reactions: bbfan419

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I don't want Hall. I don't want Subban.

Palmieri
Rakell
OEL
Garland
Wood
Ekholm

Any one of those guys I'd be fine with.

I like alot of the names your mentioning, however, I think Subban is maybe the easiest get. (1) Sabres are rebuilding (2) his contract is massive so they know they will have to eat some of it (3) He is playing good hockey on a terrible team and he is a big game player.

When I look at our previous appearances in the finals I noticed that we always seem to have three good pairs. I would argue that our 3rd pair in may cases would be a top pair on most teams in those instances.

2011 3rd pair - Kaberle - McQuaid (On most teams that season this would be a top pairing)

2013 3rd pair - Krug - Mcquaid (Krug was clutch that year breaking out as a rookie in the playoffs)

2019 3rd pair - Grezlyk - Clifton (Not as strong as the other two)

Lauzon-McCavoy

Grez-Carlo

Zboril-Subban

Would be three balanced trios if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad