Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hall isn’t the answer. Go after someone young and has term. I could careless what prospects you give up. As long as it’s a young established player that will be in his prime for the next 3/4 years.
not even for any prospect, nor veteran like Hall..... people and posters have forgotten we actually in hindsight made the right choice by drafting Seguin by backing into that pick over Hall....

what exactly does BUF/ROC have that isn't either a drafted eligible player we've already selected but hasn't become pro yet...or isn't either at an NCAA School or isn't already at JAX/PRO?

Reactions: McGarnagle

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
not even for any prospect, nor veteran like Hall..... people and posters have forgotten we actually in hindsight made the right choice by drafting Seguin by backing into that pick over Hall....

what exactly does BUF/ROC have that isn't either a drafted eligible player we've already selected but hasn't become pro yet...or isn't either at an NCAA School or isn't already at JAX/PRO?
I rather think BIG and empty it out for Garland, Forsberg, Reinhart types. Plus if he played well and they lost in the second rd I don’t want him at five years . I soured on him. I don’t even care if he went on NYI/ Wash I don’t want the player.

Reactions: Bodit9

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I rather think BIG and empty it out for Garland, Forsberg, Reinhart types. Plus if he played well and they lost in the second rd I don’t want him at five years . I soured on him. I don’t even care if he went on NYI/ Wash I don’t want the player.
WELL THEN YOU MUST not have hope that Providence is a successful franchise...... and you need Providence to help you achieve that objective at both levels....

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
WELL THEN YOU MUST not have hope that Providence is a successful franchise...... and you need Providence to help you achieve that objective at both levels....
Agree . But this core doesn’t have much time left . If that’s the case sell . You can’t have it both ways.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Bottom line is this: Do we really think that the Bruins are going to make a substantial trade(s) toward shoring up the team enough to make a major run at the Stanley Cup or is Sweeney going to make a couple of eleventh hour moves to appease the pink hats? I have little faith in the idea that DS will do anything significant prior to the TDL and as usual they're always in on the high-end guy only to end up with a concussed shell of a player. I hope that I'm wrong but if the past has shown us anything it's that Donnie will kick the can down the road and say "wait 'till the offseason, the time wasn't right, prices were too much."

The second one.

Reactions: Estlin and Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Would if be fair to say one of Gryz's best attributes (lateral mobility, agility) is harder to notice watching on TV left-to-right than being situated at the end of the rink where the view is essentially up and down?

If you don't know how good Grzelcyk is by now it's not because of the TV, it's because you're not that observant.

Talk about him being a 3rd pair guy is silly at this point. The discussion should be about whether he is a #2 or a #3 and where he sits among the top50 defensemen in the league.

Edit: Meant you as in plural, not you specifically.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
very much this.
Any acquired player can get injured.
Doesnt make the deal itself bad.
Totally agree. It was an excellent trade IMO. Even when he started out a bit snake bitten to me he was THE player that should have frightened other teams. He was on it. Healthy and games under his belt and the playoffs could have been quite different. Head injury made it all moot, sadly.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
very much this.
Any acquired player can get injured.
Doesnt make the deal itself bad.
The deal on it's own, a fair deal. But a net loss overall. Unfortunate, but probably one of the deals that had a chance to be a win for Sweeney turned into part of a series of dumping assets for no long term gain.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I know he doesnt like doing this but this time Sweeney better makes a deal with the expansion team to protect everybody he wants to keep. Bruins could loose a real good player.

So will every other team.

I'm not against making a deal with Seattle in it's entirety. But after seeing so many GMs overthink the entire thing last time around with Vegas and coming out on the wrong end of the deal practically every time trying to protect certain guys, I'd be wary playing that game with Seattle. Unless they agree on something that really makes sense, I'd just as soon let Seattle have their choice and be done with it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Any acquired players with multiple concussions might be a bad bet to take on.

any pre condition adds an element of risk.
At the time he was healthy.
Horton same before him.
Or why bother re-signing Bergeron?

Or Charlie Mac with heart condition.

To me you go with what you know at that time.

Otherwise , to me, its just Monday morning quarterbacking.

He was healthy at the time. Bruins swung for the fences obtaining him.

Damned if you do.
Damned if you dont.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
any pre condition adds an element of risk.
At the time he was healthy.
Horton same before him.
Or why bother re-signing Bergeron?

Or Charlie Mac with heart condition.

To me you go with what you know at that time.

Otherwise , to me, its just Monday morning quarterbacking.

He was healthy at the time. Bruins swung for the fences obtaining him.

Damned if you do.
Damned if you dont.
That’s absolutely correct. It’s just in this case, I believe you are referencing the Nash trade, the risk was too much in my opinion. I thought it was bad at the time.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If you don't know how good Grzelcyk is by now it's not because of the TV, it's because you're not that observant.

Talk about him being a 3rd pair guy is silly at this point. The discussion should be about whether he is a #2 or a #3 and where he sits among the top50 defensemen in the league.

Edit: Meant you as in plural, not you specifically.
YES.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He looked great before the concussion. I was hoping he'd want to resign in Boston. Really unfortunate how it turned out...
He was making plays, he looked on the cusp of a breakout. Then it ended. I was always a fan, he played big, had great hands and a lethal shot. Knew how to use his big frame to protect the puck. Played a style similar to a young Jagr

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My take on these three

GARLAND- very underrated and I believe he would be an excellent Bruins. He would be everything we wanted Kase to be. He just seems to have ‘it’. I really like him.

I need to figure out Kase but as a second line RW on Boston I love it

REINHART- he’s a UFA after next year and I don’t think Buffalo has the stomach to overpay him. I like him quite a bit but he seems to have recently caught the Buffalo virus.

I’m interested if Sweeney but in division works major against. He’s definitely a legit second line center for Boston and fits what we like.

FORSBERG- he’s in that Bergeron litter. If he was traded here instead of Nashville he would be right there in popularity.

Bruins would have to give up at least two cost effective skilled top prospect forwards and at least their first. DeBrusk will soon start making near 5 M and that’s the last thing the Preds need another underachieving overpriced player.

summary

Forsberg- I don’t see the match (sadly)

Reinhart - this could definitely work if Reinhart didn’t play in Buffalo. Boston can always wait till next summer but I’d still try now and somehow leak it - I want Reinhart knowing the Bruins are heavily after him (of course that’s me msybe Sweeney & co aren’t interested)

Garland - I’m a fan and if Kase is cooked I go after him - he’s worth a first to me. However, I need to figure out players that would work

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
The way people speak ill of Ondrej Kase on this website you’d think he’s the only player to have one or multiple concussions. It’s part of the game and that deal was good. Not the player’s fault that he got hit in the face by a greasy player.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Is Forsberg actually available or are we window shopping with pennies and hoping for a long shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad