Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
If you don't know how good Grzelcyk is by now it's not because of the TV, it's because you're not that observant.

Talk about him being a 3rd pair guy is silly at this point. The discussion should be about whether he is a #2 or a #3 and where he sits among the top50 defensemen in the league.

Edit: Meant you as in plural, not you specifically.

you think he’s a 2 or 3 on a Stanley Cup champion? Playoffs are a different story and he was abused some nights as a 3rd pair

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The way people speak ill of Ondrej Kase on this website you’d think he’s the only player to have one or multiple concussions. It’s part of the game and that deal was good. Not the player’s fault that he got hit in the face by a greasy player.

the deal was not good. He was hurt when they acquired him, and had to give up a first last year meaning they will assuredly not use one this season to better the team. IMO he was an expensive lottery ticket and turned up a loser. I would think zero chance he’s even qualified

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you don't know how good Grzelcyk is by now it's not because of the TV, it's because you're not that observant.

Talk about him being a 3rd pair guy is silly at this point. The discussion should be about whether he is a #2 or a #3 and where he sits among the top50 defensemen in the league.

I think he's a #4. Which is fine because often the it's the No.4 guy who gets paired with the No.1 guy at 5 on 5 to balance out the pairs.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
very much this.
Any acquired player can get injured.
Doesnt make the deal itself bad.

Except he was a known commodity and Risk.

Risk = Nash had 3 serious head concussions prior to his 4th and final concussion before retiring
Risk = Player on the decline
Risk = Known poor playoff performer

I agree with other posters ... The bruins went with risk. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
On a one-for-one talent basis, your point seems totally wrong. In general, D like Lauzon and Gryz have more value to a typical hockey club than Ritchie, Frederic or even DeBrusk.

That said, I think your point might be absolutely right. This team's ability to develop D seems almost reliable at this point, vs. their total ineptness at finding forwards who can be physical and don't completely suck. Now maybe that's small sample size or bad luck, but just one more stupid signing like Backes or Beleskey would be worse than losing any of those D-men, hands down.
I still protect the D because I agree that they are the better players with more certain futures..

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The NHL network crew got a pretty good laugh before they went onto the Bruins Islanders game. Saying it seems like forever the Bruins have been looking for the second line winger to help their scoring out. Callahan had all he had to do not to laugh any harder.

The bottom line is Sweeney has failed to address the Bruins biggest issue since he's been here, he's failed and excuses are like @$$holes everyone has one so if Sweeney fails yet another year of not being able to bring in the right guy, no more excuses, send him packing.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
The NHL network crew got a pretty good laugh before they went onto the Bruins Islanders game. Saying it seems like forever the Bruins have been looking for the second line winger to help their scoring out. Callahan had all he had to do not to laugh any harder.

The bottom line is Sweeney has failed to address the Bruins biggest issue since he's been here, he's failed and excuses are like @$$holes everyone has one so if Sweeney fails yet another year of not being able to bring in the right guy, no more excuses, send him packing.

Ain't happening. Look at the teams record under him

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My take on these three

GARLAND- very underrated and I believe he would be an excellent Bruins. He would be everything we wanted Kase to be. He just seems to have ‘it’. I really like him.

I need to figure out Kase but as a second line RW on Boston I love it

REINHART- he’s a UFA after next year and I don’t think Buffalo has the stomach to overpay him. I like him quite a bit but he seems to have recently caught the Buffalo virus.

I’m interested if Sweeney but in division works major against. He’s definitely a legit second line center for Boston and fits what we like.

FORSBERG- he’s in that Bergeron litter. If he was traded here instead of Nashville he would be right there in popularity.

Bruins would have to give up at least two cost effective skilled top prospect forwards and at least their first. DeBrusk will soon start making near 5 M and that’s the last thing the Preds need another underachieving overpriced player.

summary

Forsberg- I don’t see the match (sadly)

Reinhart - this could definitely work if Reinhart didn’t play in Buffalo. Boston can always wait till next summer but I’d still try now and somehow leak it - I want Reinhart knowing the Bruins are heavily after him (of course that’s me msybe Sweeney & co aren’t interested)

Garland - I’m a fan and if Kase is cooked I go after him - he’s worth a first to me. However, I need to figure out players that would work
I agree with everything you say here except "Garland - I’m a fan and if Kase is cooked I go after him - he’s worth a first to me." I like Garland too and I guess I would pay the price no matter what happens with Kase. You can't pin your hopes on a guy this easily concussed IMO. It isn't fair to him (pressure of trying to get back for the playoffs) and it isn't fair to the team.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Fire Sweeney then....

Attachments

• 20210325_214850.jpg
    20210325_214850.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 2

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Might be the most ridiculous post I've ever read here. And is not true.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
This might be a hard concept for Sweeney but I’ll help out a little. Move Halak at the TDL . I know you won’t get a lot but that’s not the point it’s giving one of their can’t miss prospects a chance. Perfect time for it in this shortened season, will not even feel it. Have one of the young goalies back up. Let’s see what they got over some time. When your core is aging you don’t extend a 35 year old goalie lol makes zero sense. Plus if Tuukka is breaking down it won’t matter anyway because they aren’t going anywhere anyway so it’s all irrelevant who’s the goalie.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Grzelcyk is not a top 2 or 3 Dman on a team he’s a 5 or 6. If that was the case the bruins wouldn’t be poking around on Ekholm or Savard and Staal . Second his O doesn’t measure up as a 2 or 3 Dman. If the discussion goes like this can you get two prospects and a number one for him. He’s a good player but his contract might make it sound he’s something he’s not.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He could become Marty St. Louis or he can become your next Tyler Ennis. Bruins are in win now mode. I’d rather gamble on more proven talent with a tad bit more size. Again I’m not opposed to Garland I’m just opposed to giving up a 1st for him.
Fair enough

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This might be a hard concept for Sweeney but I’ll help out a little. Move Halak at the TDL . I know you won’t get a lot but that’s not the point it’s giving one of their can’t miss prospects a chance. Perfect time for it in this shortened season, will not even feel it. Have one of the young goalies back up. Let’s see what they got over some time. When your core is aging you don’t extend a 35 year old goalie lol makes zero sense. Plus if Tuukka is breaking down it won’t matter anyway because they aren’t going anywhere anyway so it’s all irrelevant who’s the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad