Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Go do a search of Tyler Ennis stats and compare to Garlands at the same age. Small guys have to be exceptionally skilled to survive and be successful in the playoffs. Odds are Garland won’t be the player the Bruins need when push comes to shove deep in the playoffs. If he were available for a 2nd round pick maybe you roll the dice. Not for the packages you guys are suggesting. Not for a 5’9” forward
Exactly, I know it was a few years ago, but same when he played junior here, he got a lot of points in regular season, although a lot were secondary assists, but in the playoffs a total non-factor, once the play got more physical, he was non existent.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Ekholm shouldn't really be a thought right now.
We have an embarrassment of riches on our d-core when healthy(and it looks like things are coming) with McAvoy, Carlo, Gryz, Zboril, Lauzon, Vaak, Clifton Miller, Moore, Tinordi, + Kampfer.........11 guys we should have healthy (maybe not Miller) going into the playoffs.

5 on 5.......we couldn't score in a monkey whore house with a dozen bananas.

1. I don't care what anyone says, Taylor Hall at a very low cost could thrive on a cup contending, mature, Bruins team with leaders like Bergy, Marshy, Krejci, Carlo, McAvoy, Rask etc
2. Palmieri's cost shouldn't sacrifice the future either

You roll with
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-Palmieri
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Ritchie-Frederic-Senyshyn/Bjork/Studnicka

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Zboril/Vaak-Miller/Clifton/Tinordi
Moore/Kampfer

Rask
Halak

PP1
Marshy-Bergy-Hall
Pasta-McAvoy

PP2
Ritchie-Coyle-Debrusk
Krejci-Gryz

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Do you think Swe-1 and the SHL are the same league or something? Steen has never had any success in any league that actually matters.

Well he did have success his final year in the SHL. He put up 37 points in 46 games; 0.80 PPG. Also off to a good start this year in Providence but overall numbers aren’t anything that I’d say he’s our best forward prospect.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Rakell seems like a good fit.

Bjork, Vaak and 2nd
For
Rakell

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Ritchie-Krejci-Rakell*
Debrusk*-Coyle-Senyshyn/Kase
Frederic-Studnicka-Smith*
Kuraly, Wagner

Pretty deep line up. Bottom 3 lines have a good mix of Size, Skill and at least one guy who should score 20+ goals*

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I honestly think it’s amazing that players who can score 20 goals become available and we still have fans who are like “nahhhhh pass don’t need it, he’s small”

And he is tenacious small. This isn't some guy who is going to wilt when contact picks up, he ain't afraid to get in there.

Look, I don't want a team of smurfs and I think too many smurfs can create matchup problems... but he is a guy that plays hard, has skill, is the right age, has the right cap hit, and is playing the right position.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I honestly think it’s amazing that players who can score 20 goals become available and we still have fans who are like “nahhhhh pass don’t need it, he’s small”
It's not just some of our fans who think that way, you could make the same case with management, particularly Neely. He seems obsessed with having big guys with limited offensive upside (Beleskey, Hayes, etc.).

For a team that has a serious need for secondary scoring, it's time we stop being anal about them having to be big, being a good two-way player, etc. If they can score, we should be interested in them.

Reactions: CDJ and Gordoff

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ekholm shouldn't really be a thought right now.
We have an embarrassment of riches on our d-core when healthy(and it looks like things are coming) with McAvoy, Carlo, Gryz, Zboril, Lauzon, Vaak, Clifton Miller, Moore, Tinordi, + Kampfer.........11 guys we should have healthy (maybe not Miller) going into the playoffs.

5 on 5.......we couldn't score in a monkey whore house with a dozen bananas.

1. I don't care what anyone says, Taylor Hall at a very low cost could thrive on a cup contending, mature, Bruins team with leaders like Bergy, Marshy, Krejci, Carlo, McAvoy, Rask etc
2. Palmieri's cost shouldn't sacrifice the future either

You roll with
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-Palmieri
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Ritchie-Frederic-Senyshyn/Bjork/Studnicka

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Zboril/Vaak-Miller/Clifton/Tinordi
Moore/Kampfer

Rask
Halak

PP1
Marshy-Bergy-Hall
Pasta-McAvoy

PP2
Ritchie-Coyle-Debrusk
Krejci-Gryz
one of those "embarrassment of riches" is precisely what teams will access in order to complete a trade

Reactions: bbfan419

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
They have addressed their lack of size with Ritchie, Frederic, Lauzon (playing full time) and Kevan Miller. They now have two guys with beef in their middle6 in Ritchie and Coyle and two guys on the 4th line with Frederic and Kuraly. They might add an Ekholm or Oleksiak as well.

Not every player needs to be Coyle or Ritchie. It wasn't that way on STL or TB.

This team needs another play driver for the 2nd line, much more than they need more size IMHO.

Nitpick - We have to remove Kevan Miller from all roster discussions. As expected he is hurt again, and when he comes back, he will get hurt again. Let's just assume that.

And I agree with your point. They need a real top 6 forward. They need to be able to score beyond the 1st line or they're too easy of an out in the playoffs. Let's see if DS can do something.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I'm thinking about Ekholm again lol. I basically cycle through the same two thoughts with him:

He would be so good in the playoffs! He's big and Swedish, just like Hedman!

But the expansion draft...

Playoffs!

Expansion draft...

Anyway we'll probably wind up with like Goligoski and Bobby Ryan

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
one of those "embarrassment of riches" is precisely what teams will access in order to complete a trade
Which is fine because we either lose one for free to Seattle or we use as a trade piece to contend for Lord Stanley this season. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad