Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
FSG doesn't care about the hockey team they spent 900 million dollars on is my favorite take of Penguins fans.

They just invested tons of money into our coaching staff and fired our GM and President within a year of owning team. If they didn't care they wouldn't be doing that.
They had to fire Hextall. Every fan outside of this city laughed when he was hired and he was worse than most people could have predicted.

Getting rid of Ron Hextall and Brian Burke hardly means they care.

Reactions: farscape1

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I mean the Pens have done the second interviews for like all the most desirable up and coming execs basically. Tulsky, Darche and MacKinnon are guys with bright futures. If they didn’t want the job they wouldn’t interview.

Btw I’m not high on Dubas but I’m all in for the Punished Kyle arc.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I mean the Pens have done the second interviews for like all the most desirable up and coming execs basically. Tulsky, Darche and MacKinnon are guys with bright futures. If they didn’t want the job they wouldn’t interview.

Btw I’m not high on Dubas but I’m all in for the Punished Kyle arc.
Not so sure about MacKinnon. He was our Director or Pro Scouting from 2007-2009. How were our drafts those years? :lol:

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Pro scouting would be stuff like Kunitz, Dupuis, Hossa ;)
I would've never guess the Pens' orgizational staff went that deep in the early 2000s.
I would figure Mac would've been in charge of all pros, NA and Europe, and soon to be pros, ie draft prospects. And they'd maybe have someone different for the college scene. But obviously I dont get too involved in that part of the team. Had to look up MacKinnon's involvement from his first tour.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Ok, 2005-06 Pens just had Greg Malone as Director of Scouting. The next season they added Jay Heinbuck as Director of Amateur Scouting. Then the following season they added a Director of Professional Scouting.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
IIRC that was one of Shero's early innovations-- along with mandating email communications. It's wild to think that we only had like one guy overseeing all the scouting, but those late 1990s/early 2000s Pens were horribly run. Mostly not CP's fault, retrospectively, but man, they just cut every corner they could.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
IIRC that was one of Shero's early innovations-- along with mandating email communications. It's wild to think that we only had like one guy overseeing all the scouting, but those late 1990s/early 2000s Pens were horribly run. Mostly not CP's fault, retrospectively, but man, they just cut every corner they could.
That’s what happens when your team no longer worked on a shoestring budget. Shero simply copied what other teams were doing once the team was on solid financial footing. He ain’t Billy Beane or some innovator.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
x
That’s what happens when your team no longer worked on a shoestring budget. Shero simply copied what other teams were doing once the team was on solid financial footing. He ain’t Billy Beane or some innovator.
Nah, I'm not trying to claim he revolutionized the position or anything. I'm just pointing out how backwards the hockey world is and how resistant it is to change, especially when by like 2005-2006 every business and college in the world was using email. I'd bet good money there are people in NHL offices now who still don't believe in video or modern scientific training, let alone GoogleDocs or cloud storage. :laugh:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
x

Nah, I'm not trying to claim he revolutionized the position or anything. I'm just pointing out how backwards the hockey world is and how resistant it is to change, especially when by like 2005-2006 every business and college in the world was using email. I'd bet good money there are people in NHL offices now who still don't believe in video or modern scientific training, let alone GoogleDocs or cloud storage. :laugh:

Tip of Iceburgh Podcast should be first responders here and really get to the bottom of this.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
x

Sounds like where I work. Which the huge modernization was we have remote access to email. :laugh:

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
I remember an article when Shero was first hired here, he said they didnt even have internet access in the GMs office :laugh:

The Last few years of CP's tenure here were an absolute joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad