Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You guys keep saying stuff like this and no offense but I think you're being crazy.

There's only 32 NHL gm jobs. A lot of execs out there would be jumping at the opportunity to GM the friggin Coyotes, to say nothing of a team like us with a rich history and Sidney Crosby.

Maybe I'm just scarred from the "<Insert Unattainable Player Here> will take less to play with Mario!" days. I dunno. We'll see if you guys are right or if they hire some uninspiring retread.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Genuinely thought this said 'the 1st and Pickering for Granlund' at first.

Hextall really did a number on me.
The day I got the alert Hextall traded for Granlund I was bummed because I read it as Garland, since the Pens had been linked to Vancouver for like 6 months at that point and the name that kept coming up was Garland. Really didn't want Garland.

Then I realized it was Mikael Granlund, and wished like hell it was Garland. :laugh:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Maybe I'm just scarred from the "<Insert Unattainable Player Here> will take less to play with Mario!" days. I dunno. We'll see if you guys are right or if they hire some uninspiring retread.
I don't blame you.

I think if they hire an uninspiring retread it's not because of a lack of options but a lack of courage.

Hopefully FSG is smarter than that. We'll see.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm weirdly confident/optimistic the next FO is gonna be comprised of good, smart folks. I'm very pessimistic it'll make a difference for a few years, especially with Sullivan on board, but have a feeling the right people will be in place.

Just hope they go about nuking the pro and amateur scouting over the course of the next year or so as well. The people in that dept suck shit at their jobs and have for a long time now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So uhh Logan Cooley is playing another year in college despite having an insanely dominant year one.

I can't imagine he'll go the college FA route but if he does....the Pens better go all in.

Please excuse me while I dream

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That sounds like he didn't want to stay.

I like his gumption to ask for a lot though.

Kinda sucks he wasn't available in our search. The names floating around don't insprire any confidence at all. We need someone bold not a bunch of vanilla wafers who will make a single move every 6 months.
I was going to stay; sometimes you make demands that are a little over the top knowing they won't match or accept it.

Not sure what team is going to take him for that money with "total autonomy". That's a big ask, especially after your results in Toronto. You win 1-2 cups, fine.

I imagine he might be amendable to other situations but who knows.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Maybe Dubas will be sour grapes and entertain other offers then. But it just seems like it’s too late on the process anyway

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Guentzel is probably cheering hard for Dubas to get hired. Based on his contracts in TO, that man will give him Eleventy billion dollars.
Guentzel's agent: What's your offer?

Dubas:
1684526152991.png

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The thing with Dubas being out is that the next GM doesn't need to be better than him. His teams could finish with like 10+% fewer points in the reg season than Dubas' Leafs and still make the playoffs.
If the new GM's teams perform better over those weeks in the playoffs, that's all that's gonna matter to people.

That being said, the core's contracts are nearing their ends, outside of Rielly. One wonders how much longer this playoff streak will last.
Tavares is 33 in September. How much is left in the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad