Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegeta

Prince of all Saiyans
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Friedman and Marek talked about Dubas, of course, including the possibility of Pittsburgh. Friedman said he believes the Pens are pretty far down the road and that Dubas may not be able to jump in at this stage, but that Dubas could reconsider his statement from earlier this week and be open to new possibilities. Marek points out that if Dubas tries to jump in the Pens search, FSG's large portfolio of teams and the ability to connect with other sports could be what helps attract him.

Later, they talk specifically about the Pens. Friedman said Jason Botterill interviewed this week (Thursday). He said he has people warning him not to guess on possible structure of the front office. Everyone has expected President of Hockey Ops/General Manager tandem, but people are warning him it may not look exactly like that. Botterill's candidacy and fit may depend on the overall structure.

Darche, Tulsky, Greeley, Karmanos, MacKinnon were mentioned as candidates, but Friedman didn't specify which had moved on. He believes whoever is left standing definitely interviewed in-person this week, as well. Friedman doesn't have a good handle on Chayka other than that they met.

Please not f***ing Botterill. Stop with these damn failed retreads. Let's get someone that isn't from this organization.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Please not f***ing Botterill. Stop with these damn failed retreads. Let's get someone that isn't from this organization.
Seriously. Some of these candidates are just lazy picks. Something something wide net.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Looks like the Pens did get permission to speak to Treliving. I just hope hes not a serious candidate.

Yes let’s hope it’s the guy that ran our scouting department and selected Angelo Esposito with our first round pick gets the job.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yes let’s hope it’s the guy that ran our scouting department and selected Angelo Esposito with our first round pick gets the job.
To be fair, we were all excited to get Esposito because he fell down to like pick 20 after being considered a top guy in that class for a while. A lot of us here thought we got a steal. He was then flipped for hossa, so I can’t complain.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
To be fair, we were all excited to get Esposito because he fell down to like pick 20 after being considered a top guy in that class for a while. A lot of us here thought we got a steal. He was then flipped for hossa, so I can’t complain.
A lot of people here thought Hextall was a decent GM up until the deadline. That doesn’t mean he was. It means people are wrong.

Check out his draft history:

Why the f*** would you want this fool back here?

Hextall is gone. No more half-ass, stupidity within the organization, please.

Last edited:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

I'll say that my tune is changing on Dubas' likelihood based on how the Toronto divorce is unfolding. Now, nobody can blame him if changed his mind because he committed to the Leafs and they fired him anyway. I think Dubas to Pitt is a real possibility.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Get all the nerds please
anigif_enhanced-19040-1412786450-8.gif

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I feel like every person mentioned in the running so far, someone has a problem with.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
x

Nah, I'm not trying to claim he revolutionized the position or anything. I'm just pointing out how backwards the hockey world is and how resistant it is to change, especially when by like 2005-2006 every business and college in the world was using email. I'd bet good money there are people in NHL offices now who still don't believe in video or modern scientific training, let alone GoogleDocs or cloud storage. :laugh:
Just like other sites I've used, once you download your content to places you no longer own it. Happen on Photobucket, they wanted more money and locked everyone out, paying customers and all, and a lot of business kept their content there and were forced into paying to get their content.

F..... the cloud. Also, f......i-phone.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What's so great about Dubas??? media seem to say he would get a job if he was wanting this job. What has he even done??? let's go for other guys that need to shine like the Canes guy. That team has some nice talent on them for sure and they care about the D also playing D on top of the forwards playing D.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
This is actually a really nice list. Shows the Pens GM job is certainly still attractive. As it should be, all of our big players are signed to really nice contracts, it's just offloading some overpaid chaff here and there. Smart cap guys with the backing of ownership should have no problem offloading some or all of that.

There's enough dinosaurs still running NHL teams that an analytics focused organization can certainly find gems here and there.
Correct, despite what some of these posters say about this team not winning trash.........this is an attractive position.

You have (FSG) who wants to win now and will allow a GM to make his moves to win and stars locked up to go for it.

Sure there needs some large tweeks around the team and to fill it out but if someone is savvy enough this thing can be turned around.

A team on the boarder of playoffs could easily jump in any year and make a run. Nobody and I mean Nobody would have thought Carolina would be where they are at right now with Boston and NYR in the conference. But everyone knows more than these pros. FSG isn't going to give the greenlight like they did if they thought they couldn't. Crosby, Geno, Letang aren't all signing here if they thought it was out of reach. They know they have just as good a shot as any but things need to change.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Darche only has 1 year as AGM and 3 years as Director of Hockey Ops, I cant see FSG trusting someone that green to see out the last couple years of the core

Reactions: Jacob and Turin

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

The Shanahan Presser | 32 Thoughts

SPORTSNET

May 20, 2023 32 Thoughts

It was a late night and the Leafs make a major move! Jeff and Elliotte discuss Brendan Shanahan's press conference and recap the 4OT thriller. That and more on this full episode of 32 Thoughts!

----------------------------------------------

00:01 - Jeff and Elliotte discuss Brendan Shanahan's press conference as the Toronto Maple Leafs will not be bringing back Kyle Dubas as their GM

25:00 - They also recap the 4OT thriller between Florida-Carolina

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Darche only has 1 year as AGM and 3 years as Director of Hockey Ops, I cant see FSG trusting someone that green to see out the last couple years of the core
Darche has a wide range of additional experience in other areas, which could be beneficial. FSG likes people who have diverse viewpoints and unorthodox career paths.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It's really hard to judge Dubas' individual moves if Shanahan had a lot of power. I look at most of his moves personally, and I don't love them. O'Rielly, Samsonov, Giordano, Brodie - those look good. The rumored Hagel/Fleury deal would have been great for Toronto. The Bunting deal was great value. Kampf was good. But the Kadri deal sucked, letting McCann go to protect Kerfoot sucked, I think he changed over too much of the team this tdl. The drafting is kind of questionable honestly. Foligno deal sucked, though who knows if he doesn't get injured. No idea how to feel on Dubas as GM.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad