Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I dont think that fact is irrelevant. It pretty much states the things too come if history serves correct. Than again stranger things have happened.
Although I agree with you, it wasn't even the point of what he quoted. He was apparently just a little too excited to throw such a brilliant remark that he made an assumption based off a little fit.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Trivia: Boston has never been eliminated in less than 7 games in past 5 years, and the team that beat them never went on to win the Stanley Cup in that time span.

Trivia: Boston has made it out of the second round once in the last 20 years. Not exactly a perennial threat, if we're going by yearly results. The cup team was considered an underdog to win going into the playoffs, and still needed the full 7 games to beat 3 of the 4 teams they faced. Still a good team, but let's not overrate them.

Slow, injured, tired, and about to face a team that is faster and more physical, and the same size.

I remember hearing the collective conniption that Leaf nation had when we faced a scary-looking Senator team that had swept the season series. Ottawa was a better team than this current version of the Bruins, and the two Leaf teams are arguably even.

I often get the impression that Bruin fans buy into the trash Edwards spews. Time to shut him, and them, up.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Hey guys, just wanted to come over and wish you all an awesome playoff series. I'm excited as hell... I have tons of Leaf fan friends and it's gonna be a blast watching these games with them. I posted a little thread a few weeks back after the Bruins won one of the games this year saying I knew the Leafs were gonna contend for the playoffs, and they'd get in. I'm really excited for you guys. I'd have to say I'm probably a Leafs fan second, so I know there's been so much hunger to see you guys in. Win or lose, I still like you guys a helluva lot more than Montreal fans, and I'm looking forward to a fun, hard hitting, physical series. If there's one team that reminds me of the Bruins Cup winning team in the playoffs this year, it's Toronto. Deep, young and physical.

Let's hope it's a good series!

Leafsfan83

Apr 22, 2013
Windsor, ON
According to twitter reports, Bozak is on the ice before Leafs practice and puck handling seems to be a problem. Saying its an upper body injury believed to be his shoulder....Doesn't sound good...

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
:shakehead
According to twitter reports, Bozak is on the ice before Leafs practice and puck handling seems to be a problem. Saying its an upper body injury believed to be his shoulder....Doesn't sound good...
That's wonderful, just what we needed

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We need Bozak back...it screws up our entire balance.

I don't want the Leafs to play Kadri with Kessel and Lupul...it leaves us with one scoring line.

Colborne/Grabovski would have to slot in with Kessel and JvR.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys, just wanted to come over and wish you all an awesome playoff series. I'm excited as hell... I have tons of Leaf fan friends and it's gonna be a blast watching these games with them. I posted a little thread a few weeks back after the Bruins won one of the games this year saying I knew the Leafs were gonna contend for the playoffs, and they'd get in. I'm really excited for you guys. I'd have to say I'm probably a Leafs fan second, so I know there's been so much hunger to see you guys in. Win or lose, I still like you guys a helluva lot more than Montreal fans, and I'm looking forward to a fun, hard hitting, physical series. If there's one team that reminds me of the Bruins Cup winning team in the playoffs this year, it's Toronto. Deep, young and physical.

Let's hope it's a good series!

Thanks! We hear ya can't wait for this to happen!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It's funny how we always hear that he is a 3rd line player, rides Kessel's coattails, shouldn't be re-signed to anything more than a modest raise yet if he can't go it will be a huge factor in the series.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 3m
Bozak remaining out for start of practice but doesn't appear too comfortable shooting ... Suspected shoulder injury
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 51s
Bozak more or less fourth forward on line that includes Grabovski, Kulemin and Lupul. Kadri remains with Kessel and JVR.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Will have to see what happens with Bozak. All I know is if he can't take faceoffs at 100% there's no point having him in the lineup.

Still not a major concern for me in the greater scheme of things. Need to focus more on the team overall playing much better hockey.
It's funny how we always hear that he is a 3rd line player, rides Kessel's coattails, shouldn't be re-signed to anything more than a modest raise yet if he can't go it will be a huge factor in the series.
But, it's not a huge factor. If we need to put someone with Kessel while he's being shut down just use Colborne or something. The key to this series is the second line.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
well if Bozak is done...we better home that Bergeron is not 100%, that guy wins 20 faceoffs a game and without Bozak its only going to be worse for us.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
We need Bozak back...it screws up our entire balance.

I don't want the Leafs to play Kadri with Kessel and Lupul...it leaves us with one scoring line.

Colborne/Grabovski would have to slot in with Kessel and JvR.

I agree. This is royally **** that he is injured. ****.

mikebel111*

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 3m
Bozak remaining out for start of practice but doesn't appear too comfortable shooting ... Suspected shoulder injury
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 51s
Bozak more or less fourth forward on line that includes Grabovski, Kulemin and Lupul. Kadri remains with Kessel and JVR.

that sucks, we need bozak, provides some stabillity, and faceoffs
this is time for grabo to step up

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Colborne has played well, so if Bozak can't play I'm confident in him.

Boston will own us on faceoffs and hence control the play. That was the one big reason Toronto was chasing the puck the whole night against Montreal. They won almost all the faceoffs and Bozak's absence was truly felt.

We need him back.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Will have to see what happens with Bozak. All I know is if he can't take faceoffs at 100% there's no point having him in the lineup.

Still not a major concern for me in the greater scheme of things. Need to focus more on the team overall playing much better hockey.
But, it's not a huge factor. If we need to put someone with Kessel while he's being shut down just use Colborne or something. The key to this series is the second line.

Disagree completely. Control off the faceoff is huge without Bozak there is no goto guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad