Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
It's like people don't pay attention what happens in other games.

These guys are divers though.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
It's funny how we always hear that he is a 3rd line player, rides Kessel's coattails, shouldn't be re-signed to anything more than a modest raise yet if he can't go it will be a huge factor in the series.

He is a third line player...we just need his faceoff ability against a Boston team that is very strong in that area.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
sounds like missing bozak is a big deal around here, but if we have to pay him 5 mil plus nobody wants him.
who cares if hes out, our top guns are in, they have to show up and play.
riemer is the guy we really need to have big games for us, goalies are the ones that take teams into the next round.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Skimming the Bruins board, most of them are level headed and expect a close series.

The most obnoxious posters are the Canadian Bruins fans. :help:

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
If it makes people feel better, poll on the Bruins board shows 40% of them think we are winning the series, so there's that :laugh:

I'm just happy to see some good playoff hockey!

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
I think they need to at least try Lupul - Kadri - Kessel to see if it opens up some room against Chara for Kessel. Otherwise its just too easy for Chara to focus on one player all series.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Has posted an impressive 0G-1A in his last 10GP to boot!

Bruins fans say that despite his point drought, he's playing well. Bergeron is a fantastic player and it'll only take him cashing in on a couple of opportunities to get him going again.

Boston in general has another gear. They've been playing lazy hockey all year and finished 4th in the conference and was still challenging for the division title up until their very last game of the season. If this team finds their next gear, they'll be trouble for anyone they face. That's why the Leafs need to come hard and furious at all times. If they lose, if they put up a tough fight, there will be a lot of reason for them to hold their heads up high.

Skimming the Bruins board, most of them are level headed and expect a close series.

The most obnoxious posters are the Canadian Bruins fans. :help:

Well every non-Leafs fan from Canada never fails to remind us that the media coverage is all about Toronto and all about the Leafs. I'm guessing that greatly factor in to why they may have more dislike for the Leafs than a Bruins fan in the USA.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
If it makes people feel better, poll on the Bruins board shows 40% of them think we are winning the series, so there's that :laugh:

I'm just happy to see some good playoff hockey!

I think its more accurate to say by the way the bruins have been playing, 40% of people voted on the Bruins losing the series then Toronto winning it, if you know what I'm saying.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I think its more accurate to say by the way the bruins have been playing, 40% of people voted on the Bruins losing the series then Toronto winning it, if you know what I'm saying.

What has been your guys biggest problems as of late? Is it scoring?

I noticed last night a lot of point shots got through on you guys and you guys seemed to have a hard time clearing the rebounds. You better hope this changes because our PP is deadly for this, and we use our point shots a lot.

GodTukka*

I come in peace, with an analysis i posted in the Bruins topic:

Offense: TOR > BOS: Toronto has a sorta deep lineup (Kessel, Lupul, Kadri) and guys like MacArthur, Grabovski and such while ours is deeper it isn't even assured it's all gonna show up to play so Toronto has the advantage imo

Defense: BOS > TOR: Toronto's defense kind of hurts from playing Phaneuf so much every night, not enough guys to pick up the slack.

Goaltending: BOS > TOR: Reimer is solid but isn't Rask, both have the potential to steal games, Rask has gotten used to it over the last 6 weeks or so

Special Teams: Even (Boston has the awesome penalty kill to match Toronto's power play while Toronto has a serviceable enough PK to match our PP...not that is a huge deal)

Coaching: TOR > BOS: some might disagree with this, simply put Carlye has made quite the penchant for upsets in the playoffs (See: San Jose in 2009 and their run to the conference final in 06) his style is made for playoff hockey, the name of the game is hitting the opponent and planting that seed of doubt. Claude's style works well too but the problem is he needs all of his troops to be chipping in to make it work, which obviously isn't the case. (This would be also different if this team played with any semblance of the big bad B's but we haven't seen it in a long time, who's to say it's gonna show up now? They are the bullied now, not the bullies)

I recently posted Boston would win this but the more i look at it i have a feeling Toronto is gonna pull out a somewhat surprising series win..just a bad feeling.

Leafs in 6 or 7 and may god help me (When your best friend is a Leafs fan who's been waiting for a chance to talk smack, you know the day will come but you're truly never ready for it >_>)

Fair, iyo?

I like how both fanbases are coming up with reasons why the opponent is gonna kick our ass yet we can't seem to find reasons of why our boys will win >_>

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Bozak is missing? Big deal.

If there is anything I could ask from my fellow Leafs fans who will be attending the game is to, please, get on Tuukka Rask. Start a Tuuuuuuuuuuuuukkaaaaaaaaa chant or something. We all know the guy is a bit of a basket-case and we, the fans, need to do our part to throw this guy off his game mentally. If that happens Boston will be toast.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
What has been your guys biggest problems as of late? Is it scoring?

I noticed last night a lot of point shots got through on you guys and you guys seemed to have a hard time clearing the rebounds. You better hope this changes because our PP is deadly for this, and we use our point shots a lot.

I've watched every Bruins game this year and for about 5 weeks now apparently it's impossible for them to score a REAL goal. IE a goal off a nice setup other then a lucky shot from the point or a weird deflection. It's been so boring to watch. Ugh.

GodTukka*

Serviceable enough is more of a reference to how bad the Bruins power play is....meaning you could have no PK and still not have an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad