Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys, just wanted to come over and wish you all an awesome playoff series. I'm excited as hell... I have tons of Leaf fan friends and it's gonna be a blast watching these games with them. I posted a little thread a few weeks back after the Bruins won one of the games this year saying I knew the Leafs were gonna contend for the playoffs, and they'd get in. I'm really excited for you guys. I'd have to say I'm probably a Leafs fan second, so I know there's been so much hunger to see you guys in. Win or lose, I still like you guys a helluva lot more than Montreal fans, and I'm looking forward to a fun, hard hitting, physical series. If there's one team that reminds me of the Bruins Cup winning team in the playoffs this year, it's Toronto. Deep, young and physical.

Let's hope it's a good series!

Thanks man, same to you. This should be fun!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Boston will own us on faceoffs and hence control the play. That was the one big reason Toronto was chasing the puck the whole night against Montreal. They won almost all the faceoffs and Bozak's absence was truly felt.

We need him back.

If he has a shoulder injury, there is no way he's going to be of any help on the faceoffs even if he's playing.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Ah crap bozak is injured? Def don't feel confident putting grabo with lupul, but who knows. This may be the time when he shows up. Kadri better start working on faceoffs. And I'd rather have kessel-kadri-lupul instead of kessel-kadri-jvr.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
But, it's not a huge factor. If we need to put someone with Kessel while he's being shut down just use Colborne or something. The key to this series is the second line.

Colborne as replacement #1C, lol I think that's absurd. Missing Bozak in the lineup IS a huge factor. You just can't downplay Bozak's absence from the lineup, he's a huge part of our success this season.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Well that's our luck isn't it? Make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, face the team that has destroyed us on a regular basis for the last 10 times we've faced them.

Look at the bright side:

1. If we lose the series, the Leafs could only learn and gain valuable experience from it. They'll realize what it takes to become a good contender and continue to find ways how to improve during the off-season and hopefully come back stronger than before. There's no better way to learn any lesson IMO.

2. No Tim Thomas :D -- Does anyone know our record against the Bruins with Thomas playing in net last season? How about this season? I’m convinced the Bruins wished Thomas could still play for them right now.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Boston will own us on faceoffs and hence control the play. That was the one big reason Toronto was chasing the puck the whole night against Montreal. They won almost all the faceoffs and Bozak's absence was truly felt.

We need him back.

Obviously Bozak is an asset right now. All I'm saying is that Colborne has played fairly well and could be an asset playing against the team that drafted him.

Also, Colborne is 51.7% on his faceoffs this year in the NHL. (29 wins, 28 losses).

We have decent depth to cover Bozak if he isn't ready.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ugh, missing Bozak will kill us. Need to get the puck off of Boston's sticks as much as possible to be successful in this series.

There is a reason Kadri never takes defensive zone faceoffs. Not being able to start our top line in our own end will suck.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
Boston is 17-12-4 against teams not in the southeast division (11-2-2)

Toronto is 18-11-4

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I think colborne would be logical. He's a big body, he's fast, and can create space. He's certainly played well. Plus if kadri's centering the first line we'll only have one scoring threat, that will be easy to shut down.

Kadri and lupul stay together, kessel and Jvr are together and the chemistry stays somewhat the same. It wouldn't make sense to try and split up kadri and lupul and hope lupul has chemistry with grabo.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 24m
Bozak more or less fourth forward on line that includes Grabovski, Kulemin and Lupul. Kadri remains with Kessel and JVR.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sounds like we may have to lean on Grabo, oh boy. I hope Bozak gets well soon. Or is playing possum with the Bruins.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Obviously Bozak is an asset right now. All I'm saying is that Colborne has played fairly well and could be an asset playing against the team that drafted him.

Also, Colborne is 51.7% on his faceoffs this year in the NHL. (29 wins, 28 losses).

We have decent depth to cover Bozak if he isn't ready.

You have to take that in context. Who is he winning 51.7% against? I'd be surprised if it's the other Teams top guy.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
And all he'd have to do is chip it up the boards and we'd be giving up constant odd man rushes .

The only way we're beating Bos is to keep the games close , hope Reims stands on his head and our pp scores enough to win .

Why do you think the suggestion was flipping it in rather than dumping it in?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
missing bozak really hurts. hope he'll be ready for wednesday. here's how i would roll with the lines:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Colborne/Grabo - Frattin
Komorov - McClement - Kulemin
Orr - Grabo/Colborne - McLaren

Having Colborne playing as the number 2 centre isn't ideal... but i'd rather him than Grabo. At least our second line would have some size which will be important against Boston.

I still thing Grabo sucks... and with Bozak gone, i'm sure they're considering him as the second line centre. I guess if Grabo can improve his game dramatically, the second line still has the potential to be good, and then we'd have a huge 4th line.

And if Bozak isn't playing in our first game... that means we're probably going to have to have at least one of MacA or Frattin. I hope it's Frattin.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
You have to take that in context. Who is he winning 51.7% against? I'd be surprised if it's the other Teams top guy.

Good point.

Grabo has been working on faceoffs and I'm sure mcclement will take a lot more. Gotta work with what you have. Bozie is going to hurt us more than help if he's playing hurt.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We were already screwed on the draws WITH Bozak in the line up...without him, I guess it will be 70-30 Bruins.

We'll really have to try and lock up and "not lose" the faceoffs cleanly.

EDDIE20*

Hey guys, just wanted to come over and wish you all an awesome playoff series. I'm excited as hell... I have tons of Leaf fan friends and it's gonna be a blast watching these games with them. I posted a little thread a few weeks back after the Bruins won one of the games this year saying I knew the Leafs were gonna contend for the playoffs, and they'd get in. I'm really excited for you guys. I'd have to say I'm probably a Leafs fan second, so I know there's been so much hunger to see you guys in. Win or lose, I still like you guys a helluva lot more than Montreal fans, and I'm looking forward to a fun, hard hitting, physical series. If there's one team that reminds me of the Bruins Cup winning team in the playoffs this year, it's Toronto. Deep, young and physical.

Let's hope it's a good series!

Thanks mang, and back at ya. I think this is gonna be an exciting one.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Well, here's to a good series where hopefully nobody gets hurt, there are no controversial plays and everyone can agree to hate the referees. I never had a problem with the Maple Leafs and I'm really glad you guys made the playoffs. Not that I'm hoping you win any games, but if it weren't against the Bruins I'd be more encouraging.

Lastly, though I am polite and respectful at the moment, during the games I am sure I will flip out like everyone else and ramp up the hate. Enjoy the games!

PSA : Please remember to report the trolls.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The only problem I have with the eastern conference right now is the Habs/Sens series. I just can't bring myself to cheer for either team. It makes you feel so dirty. One on hand, if the Habs win, you won't hear the end of it from their useless fans. Then again, if the Sens win, you won't hear the end of it from their useless fans. It's a no-win situation really.

Nailed it! Can't stand either fan base. :yo:

The only hope we have is which ever team comes out of the series, they'll be too banged up to put up much of a fight in the next series. :naughty:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, here's to a good series where hopefully nobody gets hurt, there are no controversial plays and everyone can agree to hate the referees. I never had a problem with the Maple Leafs and I'm really glad you guys made the playoffs. Not that I'm hoping you win any games, but if it weren't against the Bruins I'd be more encouraging.

Lastly, though I am polite and respectful at the moment, during the games I am sure I will flip out like everyone else and ramp up the hate. Enjoy the games!

PSA : Please remember to report the trolls.

Thanks, and best of luck to your team. Hopefully, we'll overcome all the odds!

Stay 'Boston Strong'! God bless America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad