Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

parker171*

Does anyone know how the TV rights draft went between CBC and TSN?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You Heard it Here

I like making predictions, most know, but I think Grabo might have a good series against Boston, unlike the fallacy he plays well against the Habs, he is quite good against the Bruins, not sure why but give credit where credit is due.

Yep, Interactif said it, Grabo might have a good series against the Bruins, hope he proves me right.

Thinking the 3rd line match up is one we can win.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Well that's our luck isn't it? Make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, face the team that has destroyed us on a regular basis for the last 10 times we've faced them.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
This is a wonderful opportunity. I have always thought if they can get in and give a team in the first round a major headache than they have done great.

This is a great opportunity for Phil to break out, I say he gets 3-5 goals this series. Kadri a chance to really cement his year and I am thinking Dion is going to have a great series. Can't say enough good things about how Franson has played this year.

If they can take Boston to 6 or 7th game then I view that as success. B's are not playing all that great.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well that's our luck isn't it? Make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, face the team that has destroyed us on a regular basis for the last 10 times we've faced them.

Last year is different. Ron Wilson was coach, our goalies sucked and our team just surrendered against the Bruins.

This year we've injected the line up with players like Kadri, McClement, Komarov etc who would do great against a team like the Bruins.

I think we can win this series if we win the specialty teams battle.

Our PK is solid, our PP is good. Boston's PK is great, their PP sucks.

If we can get our PP going against the Bruins, we'll give ourselves a huge chance of winning.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Guys lets hope that the ACC will be rocking and not an empty seat at the start of each period ! That will kill us

check out some clips of the acc when the leafs were in the playoffs. the joint will be jumping, but people still want to enjoy their food and drinks during intermission.

EDDIE20*

I don't know why people are complaining. If we want to advance anywhere, we'll likely have to face Boston at some time. May as well get it over with early.

parker171*

I will feel so much better losing to the Bruins over Habs, oh man it would have been a brutal year listening to my friends chirp me all year long.

Not saying we are going to lose though :P

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri is going to a big factor in this series. He's near PPG against the Bruins so far, + player and he was tested against the Bergeron line and came out on top.

I think Carlyle will go with Kadri's line against Bergeron.
Chara will most likely be against Kessel so that gives their line an advantage to play against their 2nd/3rd pairings.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Does anyone know how the TV rights draft went between CBC and TSN?

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think TSN can show any Canadian teams. It used to be that way, not sure if it still is, but CBC had Canadian team rights.

Avec Fromage*

I don't know why people are complaining. If we want to advance anywhere, we'll likely have to face Boston at some time. May as well get it over with early.

Disagree. Boston is our kryptonite and I could see them falling to the Sens/Isles. This is probably the worst matchup the Leafs could have gotten in the first round.

1 win in the last 10 games against them is not promising. Leafs fans have been chastising other Leafs fans for thinking Boston is going to win, but let's be real here: the smart money is betting on Boston.

That said, I think the Leafs have a chance, but only if they stop playing like they have been these last few weeks. Half-measures aren't going to cut it.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
check out some clips of the acc when the leafs were in the playoffs. the joint will be jumping, but people still want to enjoy their food and drinks during intermission.
No I know that, its just the past few years it hasn't ... exactly been fantastic lol

EDDIE20*

Disagree. Boston is our kryptonite and I could see them falling to the Sens/Isles. This is probably the worst matchup the Leafs could have gotten in the first round.

1 win in the last 10 games against them is not promising. Leafs fans have been chastising other Leafs fans for thinking Boston is going to win, but let's be real here: the smart money is betting on Boston.

That said, I think the Leafs have a chance, but only if they stop playing like they have been these last few weeks. Half-measures aren't going to cut it.

It may not be promising but Boston hasn't exactly been lighting it up either. I'm thinking it could go any which way. If Toronto gets hot early, people may be in for a surprise.

Leafsfan83

Apr 22, 2013
Windsor, ON
Bring on the Bruins.

I saw somewhere yesterday that the Bruins have scored 2 or less goals in 24 games this season. This along with their recent struggles, I'm hoping this series is a lot closer than people think.

Let's hope to see some of this:

tumblr_mk5bgvlpJn1rileugo1_500.gif

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I'm pretty confident, I like how we are going into this almost completely healthy.

Boston is obviously the favorites, but we might be able to pull an upset. Boston imo doesn't look like the powerhouse they were 2 years ago.

Not sure why people are writing off Reimer. Last year the Bruins were handed a 1st round exit by Holtby, who had a lot less experience then Reimer currently does.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I see this as a wonderful opportunity for Phil Kessel, I think he is going to come up big for us. Kessel is a big time player and Chara or not, he will make things happen for JVR and Bozak.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Not saying it is going to happen this year, but when we were constantly beating the Sens in the playoffs, the Sens always had our number during the regular season.

Just becuase we've lost to Boston a few times during the regular season dosen't mean we are rolling over and dying now that we have to face them instead on Montreal.

I still stand by my prediction of Leafs in 6. A split in the first 2 games in Boston, then ride out the home ice games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad