Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Looking around, it seems like "The rest of Canada" needs the Bruins to do them a favor and beat the Leafs lol

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
It's time for this franchise to exercise its demons. This series should be looked at by the players as a chance to shut everyone up. The Toronto media who has crowned hamilton and seguin as Orr and Gretzky, the Boston fans with their "thank you Kessel" et all. Winning this series would be the biggest middle finger to all the naysayers possible.

No series would have been easy, they are all a challenge. But this series provides so much bulletin board material, its not even funny.

Fearless Leaf*

Excited about the series, I don't think it'll be as lopsided as some around here think and we may actually be able to pull it off if Kessel can show up.

we have played well against Bruins in every game this year.

Let's go Leafs.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
It's time for this franchise to exercise its demons. This series should be looked at by the players as a chance to shut everyone up. The Toronto media who has crowned hamilton and seguin as Orr and Gretzky, the Boston fans with their "thank you Kessel" et all. Winning this series would be the biggest middle finger to all the naysayers possible.

No series would have been easy, they are all a challenge. But this series provides so much bulletin board material, its not even funny.

Montreal would have been a great story and fun series but Boston almost represents all that this team has been trying to move on from in the past 3 or 4 years.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
**** all you negative people.

This is destiny... the only way this could have been written any better would be if this were the cup finals.

The Bruins are like a dragon. They are big, mean, and rough. In order to get access to the bridge, you gotta slay the dragon. Then, and only then, will you be able to cross the bridge, and get to the castle.

IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON! IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON!

Fearless Leaf*

Why are some of u guys so keen and disgusted towards Healy broadcasting the game?

I would focus my attention on the game and rather worry about what some Pejorative Slur ****s about us.

come on guys.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
LOL...someone put this up at Kennedy Station :laugh:

BIvX1buCAAQjL4T.jpg:large

:handclap:

OMG LOL haha! How did I not see that? I take the Morningside bus to work everyday..I guess I'm not paying attention lol

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Bit annoyed we don't have one Saturday home game, but whatever. Guess I'll be going Monday and Wednesday. I think we can win at least one game in Boston to make it interesting.

Bring on Wednesday.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I feel darn good about our chances.

Chara doesn't look so great, Boston isn't that fast of a team, we have to lay down the ****ing law at the blue line and refuse to give them easy ways out of their zone..and hit everyone who has the puck.

I'm really looking forward to watching JvR and Kadri in particular. I think Kessel is also going to be great in this series. He's really stepped his game up the last month and has went to the dirty areas, fought for loose pucks, took hits, gave hits, and is magic on the PP.

I'm not going to cry and whine like some of you. This is destiny. I am really looking forward to Game 1.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Guys lets hope that the ACC will be rocking and not an empty seat at the start of each period ! That will kill us

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Good luck guys, gonna be a tough series.

We don't know yet where Jagr and Horton will slot in. Can't give you our lines yet because frankly we don't know them. But someone from Horton/Peverely would have to play the 4th line with Jagr back.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bit annoyed we don't have one Saturday home game, but whatever. Guess I'll be going Monday and Wednesday. I think we can win at least one game in Boston to make it interesting.

Bring on Wednesday.

Personally this schedule couldn't be any better if I drew it up myself.

Guys lets hope that the ACC will be rocking and not an empty seat at the start of each period ! That will kill us

:laugh: It will be rocking, there will be empty seats to start the period but NO it won't have any affect on the outcome.

Skeptix

Jun 5, 2010
This sucks, I probably won't be able to watch the games living in New Jersey. NHL Gamecenter live will probably be blacked out.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
Looking around, it seems like "The rest of Canada" needs the Bruins to do them a favor and beat the Leafs lol

We might get some Lovin...

I've got few Habs fans friends at work who said they will actually be cheering for Leafs against Bruins... It looks like their "LOVE" for Bruins is greater than "HATE" for the leafs... :laugh:

Also for me living in Ottawa I love Habs vs. Sens tilt... I hope it will be tough/rough series which will end good buddies relationship between Habs and Sens fan bases :sarcasm:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I mean it's not terrible, but the whole Friday/Sunday thing sort of sucks.

I'm going to PM you man, quick question.

I play hockey Thursdays and not a fan of attending Saturdays, so this works well.

I've replied to your PM.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Some of you should take your Kleenex and go watch the Jays, so you can really have something to whine about. First time in the playoffs in almost a decade, and you are snivelling because we are playing the Bruins. There's a reason they play the games. Throw all the other statistical BS out the window. It doesn't matter come Wednesday.

The Bruins had won 12 of 13 against Ottawa heading into their game last night, with a division title on the line, and what happened? The Bruins are very beatable. Even their own fanbase will tell you that.

Doesn't matter about the past few years and their dominance. This year's Leaf team matches up very well against the Bruins. Will we win? Well, we are the underdog, but I think we can, and will beat them.

If Reimer is even close to being as good as he has been most of this year, all bets are off. This is going to be a rough, hard-hitting series and I look forward to it. Haven't got any sort of hate-on for the Bruins or their fans, unlike those ********** in Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal. I think this will be the best series of the opening round.

Leafs in 6.

Brozak

i scoreded a goal
May 30, 2009
Kitchener, ON
Didn't matter to me who we face, we're going to have to go through some tough teams to get to the ship, might as well start it now.

Very excited to see these boys in playoff mode, I bet there'll be a few surprise performers on our team.

Wednesday can't come any sooner!

BURN THE BOATS (AND THE BRUINS).

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Habs fan here. I come in peace. Hope Leafs destroy Boston. (No love for the Leafs; but utter hatred for Bruins.) Looking forward to Habs vs Leafs in ECF.

Good luck. Go Leafs go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad