Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You're 1-6 in your last 7 games. You just came off a miserable season where you were expected to go far in the playoffs and did nothing. You have a hall of fame, well respected coach on the market who is reportedly interested in coaching again this season. There is no reason McLellan should be coaching this team on Tuesday even if it's not Quenneville.
I really don't trust the GM to bring in a better coach.

No reason for Q to come here at all.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The salary cap has a significant effect on keeping your assets though. Especially if you intend on addressing other aspects of your roster.

The job wasn't easy. Our team's payroll was a timebomb and the lack of depth in our farm system forecasted some tough trades and some questionable UFA signings regardless of who the GM was.

Regardless, if we miss this year, anybody in that office who wears a suit--even occasionally--gets shown the door. There's zero excuse for missing two years in a row after being a game away from the Conference Finals.

But at least your curiosity for whether or not they could bounce back to the 16-17 Cinderella season will be satisfied, it only cost another year of McDavid's prime to be sure the team Chiarelli built in fact does suck. Sorry Connor but we just had to be sure.

#Oilerpositives

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
this covers this weekend and what to do

1EIA.gif

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Have you watched a lot of spooner? Give him a chance, don’t crap on him because he’s apart of the eberle trade tree. And you wonder why people don’t line up to play here.

Makes no difference to me. Did he look good in NY? I would have traded Strome to. We have a lot of dead weight on the team. Spooner is part of that. If he proves me wrong. Fantastic. After two games he’s dead weight

Doswell

Mar 1, 2007
Edmonton
Quality coach's checklist:

Is this a squad I'd like to coach?
Is this a GM I'd like to work for?
Is this a city I'd like to work in?

Hard to feel remotely positive, isn't it?

Reactions: Porkleaker

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
You're 1-6 in your last 7 games. You just came off a miserable season where you were expected to go far in the playoffs and did nothing. You have a hall of fame, well respected coach on the market who is reportedly interested in coaching again this season. There is no reason McLellan should be coaching this team on Tuesday even if it's not Quenneville.

Didn’t hawks or kings fire their coach after a 2 game win streak?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
I’ll state the obvious, this team is bad.

I mean it doesn’t get any worse than that. They have no skills to support the main cast. No one is above average.

It’s very worrisome, this team is beyond salvageable. Even a coaching change will not stear this team back in the right direction I’m affraid. :help:

Anyone around here is optimistic?

Reactions: oilmanab

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
TMac wasn’t the hottest. Babcock was.
I guess but at the time, a lot of people had a lot of respect for TMac and many preferred his "coaching style" over Babcock's

I'd just take anyone over TMac tho. Even a rookie AHL coach

Reactions: Porkleaker

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
IF chia and Todd get fired.. I feel so bad for the guys that come in to try and fix this. Chia has absolutely mauled any depth we had..

Reactions: bucks_oil

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I guess but at the time, a lot of people had a lot of respect for TMac and many preferred his "coaching style" over Babcock's

People thought he was some progressive coach.

Boy were those people wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad