Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
4 goals on 11 shots, and doesn't even give Talbot a mercy pull. Todd's inability to adjust a f***ing game is a main reason why he's a garbage coach. He can gtfo anytime soon along with Chiarelli.

Reactions: Studz

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't know how you can possibly stand behind a coach after these last two games. I don't see how you can do it in any real honesty. The jig is up. Christ's sake, it's obvious. Just do it!

The problem, as others have said, is that the roster remains the same. Chia has to go as well, but more importantly, the entire OBC needs to go. All of them.

Reactions: Porkleaker

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
If McLellan isn't fired by tomorrow, I'm genuinely confused. Do they (Chia & Co.) think the team will miraculously make a turnaround? Todd is not the right coach. He's shown that he's a shit coach since the Anaheim series. It's enviable... just f***ing fire him now while there is still hope for the season.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
If McLellan isn't fired by tomorrow, I'm genuinely confused. Do they (Chia & Co.) think the team will miraculously make a turnaround? Todd is not the right coach. He's shown that he's a **** coach since the Anaheim series. It's enviable... just ****ing fire him now while there is still hope for the season.
Chia isn’t the right GM either, fire this tracksuit bum too

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The good : Draisaitl , Russell
The bad: Larsson,Klefbom,Nurse,Benning ,Talbot, McLellan,Kassian,Brodziak

Rest were meh.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I don't know how you can possibly stand behind a coach after these last two games. There's just absolutely no way you can do it in any real honesty. The jig is up. Christ's sake, it's obvious. Just do it!

Not even saying this is all on Todd. Chia's just as big or bigger of a problem. But after this disaster of a weekend, any and every coach in the league would be fired if given the same situation.

Fire him and Chia, the spooner the better! ......eh I pulled a Gene.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The problem, as others have said, is that the roster remains the same. Chia has to go as well, but more importantly, the entire OBC needs to go. All of them.

Yeah, I ninja edited to include that. But any coach would be fired in this situation. No one has any faith in him at this point, there's no way the GM seriously could. It's time.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
this team needs yet another lottery win in the worst way ;)
6 of 7 lost and yet another season going down the drain...

Talbot sucks, time to run Koskinen throughout the California trip

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I would be a better head coach than Todd and I would do it for free. Save D. Katz 4M a year or whatever Todd is getting paid LOL

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They’re not going to fire him tonight. That would make them look reactionary, and they wouldn’t want to look bad or anything. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Del Preston

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
It’s to the point where I just assume the Oilers are going to lose horribly, and if they happen to play competitively and still lose, I’m pleasantly surprised. If they win, it’s like a gift. Even with a bar set that low, this team still manages to disappoint me because not only do they lose as expected, I’ve pretty much lost hope they will ever contend.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
this team needs yet another lottery win in the worst way ;)
6 of 7 lost and yet another season going down the drain...

Talbot sucks, time to run Koskinen throughout the California trip

I'd LOVE to see how this board would react if we actually won the #1 pick and get Hughes. lol
Man, there's just nothing else good to hope for it seems... :(

I've wanted us to bring back Tkachev for the longest time, BTW. So love the name. Too bad mgmt are too stupid to bring over a small, crafty, talented player like him who may thrive in the new NHL game.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
It has to happen tonight right? Like enough is enough, do something before it’s too deep a hole to climb back from. I don’t even care if MacT and Lowe are in interims, just get Chia and TMac outta here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad