Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
There's really nothing that needs to be said.

I feel for the talented players on our squad. There's so many plugs roaming around.

Todd won't be fired until we officially miss the plofs again.

One word for tonight. Unacceptable.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’m blown away that even the Browns and Bears are showing progress this season, yet the Oilers somehow keep getting worse.

Bets on who will make the playoffs again first between the Raiders and the Oilers?

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
On the bright side...... we all get to go to work tomorrow.

**** you.
Shot Myself.gif

Reactions: super6646

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
It’s funny. Even if Chia bites the bullet soon (I don’t believe he will) this season will be a lost anyways. The turnaround that has to happen on this roster is no easy task for anyone. I doubt SteveY would have an easy job with it. Lucic, Talbot, Kassian,, Caggulia, Spooner , Benning all need to GTFO but nobody would be willing to take 85 percent of those guys. So unless we retain salary on them we’re boned

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
No. Chia will flip him for an NCAA prospect who will never make it past the AHL

Skips the step of using the pick to draft an NCAA prospect who will never make it past the AHL, I guess.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I swear this team makes me facepalm myself in irl sometimes, they need a new coach, and a GM who doesn’t think our roster is good enough, swapping spooner for strome is fine I’m okay with that but god damn

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I’m blown away that even the Browns and Bears are showing progress this season, yet the Oilers somehow keep getting worse.

Bets on who will make the playoffs again first between the Raiders and the Oilers?

God, that makes me depressed to even think about...
Both will probably go 0/3 in making the playoffs the next three seasons.

Hey, but at least the OBC boys have a nice cozy job!

Verdadplus

Sep 29, 2017
Chiarelli is an abject incompetent
Fire him tonight
Nurse , Lucic, RNH, Talbot are all loathsome garbage, fllush out tomorrow
Loathsome garbage

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They need to fire Mclellan right now. The season is salvageable but if they don't do something to spark the team fast, it won't be for long.

Here's the thing, the team usually takes on the personality of their coach. Right now, the team is wound up as tight as can be so when one thing goes wrong, it just snowballs from there. I have no doubt that this coach is part of the reason why they play so tight deathly afraid to make a mistake. His grumpy demeanor can be grating after a while I'm sure.
They need to have fun again, they need to be able to play with a little freedom and this coach seems to be the antithesis of that.
Another thing is I think the players know he's a lame duck so I don't think they respect whatever message he's sending.

I don't know if Gulutzan is the answer but he does seem like a guy that would be more fun to play for and allow them to play a little looser and with more emotion. This would also allow Vivieros to come down to the bench full time and run the PP. Lets see what we have in these guys the rest of the season and roll with it.
I know the problems with the organization lie much deeper than Mclellan but it's pretty clear that he doesn't have control of this team anymore and that they are in desperate need of a fresh voice behind the bench. It's time to cut the cord already, just put him out of his misery.
Oh and Schwartz can go with him. Sick of seeing every goalie they have including a monster like Koskinen get beat up high and seeing Brossoit succeed in Winnipeg is even more salt in the wound. Dump this guy already.

My preference is to see Katz nut up and clean house starting with his buddies and then Chia but since that isn't realistic right now, I'd settle for a head coaching change.

Reactions: Zaddy

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Welp, thank god I didn’t watch this game after last nights disappointment. Poor Connor.. gm and coaching please, before it’s too late for the love of god.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
It has to happen tonight right? Like enough is enough, do something before it’s too deep a hole to climb back from. I don’t even care if MacT and Lowe are in interims, just get Chia and TMac outta here.
I doubt it, this team's mgmt. hit rock bottom bottom 10 years ago and is still playing a shell game with the fans.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Don't worry, you don't need to win trades to be a successful team.

It's so Oilers that they survived a brutal stretch and now are dropping games they should be winning.

That right there is the kicker.

We played extemely well to start 8-4-1.

Then we've promptly f***ed ourselves into 9-10-1.

It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but far worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad