Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Didn’t D. Sutter say he wasn’t ready to retire from coaching yet? Q is a pipe dream but Sutter lives just down the road.

I'd jump for joy if we got Sutter. He's not ideal, but almost anyone is better than stubborn Todd. Team might actually learn how to play D and break out of the zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: OilCountry93

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Chia is terrible.

However when you have a coach coaching a team this badly how do you win trades? Who do you know who needs to be moved and who doesn't? How do you get any ****ing value?

Even with how much I hate Chia, he can't even try and fix this team with McLellan here.

I also want Mclellan gone for the sake of Puljujarvi and all the young prospects coming up. I feel like there's a very low chance of success for those guys with Mclellan here. Who exactly has developed under his watch? (McDavid and Draisaitl don't count)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
It's a damn shame that if McLellan gets fired Chiarelli gets another kick at the can to bring someone else in.

McLellan may have lost the room and he's probably going to eventually have to fall on the sword. But Chiarelli is the architect of this disaster. That should never be forgotten or excused even if Todd does have to go.

chia is a committee guy...

and i think most of the movement around the league happens months in advance. would not be surprised if this was lowe

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
2 points out of last place folks. Even the Buffalo Sabres have improved this season. Chiarelli, Nicholson, and McLellan can all GTFO.

Reactions: Studz

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’m blown away that even the Browns and Bears are showing progress this season, yet the Oilers somehow keep getting worse.

Bets on who will make the playoffs again first between the Raiders and the Oilers?

I wont bet on the Oilers for awhile. They cost me $100 tonight and the yare gonna cost me $200 at years end.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Hey .... Joel Quenville ... would you like to coach the Oilers? No, we don't have any wingers. Yeah that's right our offensive depth is pretty bad. Well see the thing is, uur D is kinda crap. Goaltending is a bit of a questio ....

Hello ...

Hel ...

I think your phone cut out. Joel? Are you there Joel? Hello?
Maybe delete your post, it was not funny, like at all.

Reactions: Studz

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
It should alleviate some of the pressure on everyone (the players included) as they will be--symbolically or otherwise--'firing' some of the blame for this garbage. At this stage I'm not sure there is any other answer.
Yup, fire them for sure. Just don’t envy the guys that have to come in and fix this. Don’t have a whole lot to work with unfortunately.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

LongFirmHalibut.webp

MacT: "Look at me. I'm the coach now."

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Sure sounds like a guy who isn't a fan of the coaches adjustments. Reminds me when McDavid was annoyed of the constant blending of his linemates. f*** off, Todd.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
We need a coach that’s capable of modernizing their gameplan to today’s standards and a GM that uses eye test + analytics (and not phoney in-house analytics) to make shrewd and good decisions.
Look at Babcock and Dubas in Toronto.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Heh. Oilers post game *****ing about Talbot.

There are always gonna be difficult shots. But your job is just to save most, if not all. Every goalie faces difficult shots

That's what separates the good from the bad goalies: the good ones make the hard saves more often, and sometimes even the impossible. If you can't do that, you're not starter material.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad