Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
That's what separates the good from the bad goalies: the good ones make the hard saves more often, and sometimes even the impossible. If you can't do that, you're not starter material.

Yep. But goalie experts here think only Talbot faces difficult shots.

Guy has been shit. D ain’t perfect but why does Koskinen fair so much better with same corps?

I’m glad Post game show grilling talbot

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
wait did todd just say his pk system is flawed, something along the lines of " we always give up one a night it seems but we are in the correct positions structurally"

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Milan Lucic
Matt Benning
Adam Larsson
Lauri Korpikoski
Mark Letestu
Zack Kassian
Patrick Maroon (gone)
Cam Talbot
Kris Russell
Ryan Spooner/Strome
David Desharnais

Look at the amazing high skill that's been added to this roster over the last few years. One can't believe that the team isn't very good with all these amazing adds.

The skill level of the above group is breathtaking, in a somewhere ripped a nasty fart in your face kind of way.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Draisaitl biting his ****ing tongue so hard

The thing is, they DO seem to get deflated when Talbot lets in a goal. Maybe they're saying in their heads "oh no, hope it's not another one of those games." When Koski is in net, they seem more calm -- Flames game aside of course, as they just completely owned us unbelievably hard in the 3rd and no goalie would've won it for us, frankly. Koskinen did make some unbelievable saves to help us keep the lead for a while, and to keep us in it, but the Flames were just too good and wanted it more that night.

Last edited:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's a damn shame that if McLellan gets fired that Chiarelli gets another kick at the can to bring someone else in.

McLellan may have lost the room and he's probably going to eventually have to fall on the sword. But Chiarelli is the architect of this disaster. That should never be forgotten or excused even if Todd does have to go.

Yes. Chia has to be fired, obviously. He should have been fired the day after the Hall trade. Chia will be fired after we miss the playoffs this year, likely anyhow. But that isn't the REAL problem. The real problem is the OBC. As long as Lowe and mact are making hockey related decisions, this franchise has no hope

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Milan Lucic
Matt Benning
Adam Larsson
Lauri Korpikoski
Mark Letestu
Zack Kassian
Patrick Maroon (gone)
Cam Talbot
Kris Russell
Ryan Spooner/Strome
David Desharnais

Look at the amazing high skill that's been added to this roster over the last few years. One can't believe that the team isn't very good with all these amazing adds.

The skill level of the above group is breathtaking.
Make a list of the skill that his been shipped out

fire chia/tmac

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's a damn shame that if McLellan gets fired that Chiarelli gets another kick at the can to bring someone else in.

McLellan may have lost the room and he's probably going to eventually have to fall on the sword. But Chiarelli is the architect of this disaster. That should never be forgotten or excused even if Todd does have to go.
Meh.. Chia can get another life for now.. Todd needs to go right away.. Chia should go if we miss the playoffs

Reactions: Mez and KarmaPolice

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
wait did todd just say his pk system is flawed something along the lines of " we always give up one a night it seems but we are in the correct positions structurally"

Wait my two best friends in Woodcroft and Johnson weren't the problems for special teams after all. I have new assistant coaches, and my special teams is still awful. Why isn't my assistant coach Viveiros running the PP? Maybe I'm the problem!! - Todd McLellan.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Meh.. Chia can get another life for now.. Todd needs to go right away.. Chia should go if we miss the playoffs

It's really on the coach to get more out of the awesome roster Chia has built. Lucic, Benning, Kassian, Talbot, Strome, ... what a Dream Team.

Todd has not been able to harness the awesome power of Chia's tremendous roster adds.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Mark Letestu

Todd-Mc-1040x572.png

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
wait did todd just say his pk system is flawed something along the lines of " we always give up one a night it seems but we are in the correct positions structurally"

I think he meant “visually, we are in the correct positions.”

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Matt Benning is not an NHL defenseman. Vegas is a 2nd year expansion outfit and at least 4 of their d-men are better than our #1 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad