Is Quinn Hughes overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Makar wears Hughes pajamas.
B0BDD06B-C2C2-4C77-B2CE-989F7BB300C5.jpeg

Huggy Bear will win a green jacket soon, though.

Reactions: klozge and lawrence

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I think Montreal is underrated. They're at 4.4 G per game after 10 games. The Habs offense is dangerous. In the last few years, they could set a good pace but couldn't finish... but now they can finish. Hughes has had to face such an offense 5 times in 13 games. It's a miracle he's not a -15 tbh

likash

Apr 17, 2019
I think Montreal is underrated. They're at 4.4 G per game after 10 games. The Habs offense is dangerous. In the last few years, they could set a good pace but couldn't finish... but now they can finish. Hughes has had to face such an offense 5 times in 13 games. It's a miracle he's not a -15 tbh
There are two teams in the division who can play defence: Habs and Flames. The other 5 team have "tire fire" defences. Canucks and Oilers have firepower but are glass cannons.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Canucks and Oilers have firepower but are glass cannons.

to be fair, I think it's the system right now. Canuck fans seem to hate Travis Green more then Quinn Hughes, cause even for Hughes they understand he just turned 21, but it's more mess of a team system of the system.

Last edited:

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
if he goes over a ppg he def will. even if that shitty division theres no way petry does that.
Buddy, there are only 4 divisons. Every single one of them have garbage in them

Look at the teams in Colorado's division. STL, COL and Vegas are great teams, MIN is average and the rest is pure trash.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I like makar alot. I would pick him over hughes. But let's not count out hughes. We're talking about a 21 year old defenseman who leads the league in d-man points right now. If he can spend the next few years working on reading plays/positioning and becoming a better overall defender then no, he will not be overrated.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
This is the reason why most people were trying to tell Canuck fans that Heiskanen and Makar >> Hughes but they legit had a hissy fit in trying to convince us Hughes was the best of the 3. I think a year later we can now tell Heiskanen is the best of the bunch and Makar is 2nd. Hughes and Dahlin both need to make big improvements to catch those 2 atm. The difference is, Dahlin is 6'3 200lbs.
Heiskanen being the best of the 3 was evident after he took his first shift in the NHL. Dude's a monster and a pleasure to watch.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Not overrated. Quinn Hughes is a nuclear offensive weapon. I think most people are aware of his faults.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Hughes is amazing offensively but damn is he easy to beat defensively. We keep scoring when s on the ice

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Well, I don't even really know how people rate him in the first place, but is a great defenceman yet? I'd say no. Much like Rasmus Dahlin, QH seems to recieve most of his points from secondary assists where he just stands on the blue and gives easy passes to a better play that does a great play which ends up in the goal.

He is far from the likes of Karlsson, Burns, Klingberg, Hedman, Doughty, Josi etc that create most of the chances and goals themself by great passes and reads.
Alright

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah. I think he probably saw his hype level soar a little bit higher than it should have. He's unquestionably one of the most dynamic young offensive defencemen in the league, and his positive impact on Vancouver's transition game is hard to overstate. But he has some serious defensive issues, and some of them...frankly, may always be limitations for him.

He's still a very good young player, and an absolutely key piece of the Canucks future. He's just not really on that "Norris-bound trajectory" a lot of people jumped the gun with, based on strong immediate offensive results upon arrival in the NHL.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Hughes' next contract will likely be slightly under Makar's. How much are we talking? $8.5+ million for Hughes? Is he worth that much right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad