GDT: GAME ONE, MIDDAY EDITION: St. Louis Blues (0-0-0) at YOUR SEATTLE KRAKEN (0-0-0), 1:30pm PDT, 9:30pm Morocco Time

WHO DO WE LIKE TODAY?

• Your hometown Seattle Kraken

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • The despicable St. Louis Blues

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Jaden Schwartz and Vince Dunn for a big game against the Blues

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Your friendly moderating staff

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Hockey during the workday

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Will they ever learn with Gru. Daccord has been the far better goaltender in my opinion
Seems like the Ron and whoever is signing the checks are just being stubborn, not wanting to admit the signing has proved a failure. Like if we just keep playing him, he will justify the money and the commitment eventually. Well, we're in year four now and the evidence seems incontrovertible, so maybe it is time to throw in a losing hand. Statisticallly, Daccord was no worse then the fifth best goalie in the league if you combine save % and GAA.

Reactions: Fuhrious

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Just trashing Grubauer and making him the scapegoat for this loss seems a bit strange to me.

We all know he's nowhere near worth what the team is paying him and was a bad signing.

The 2nd goal was just bad and needs to be saved,
The first and third one will be given up by many, many goalies in the league.
That, to me, was way more of really bad defense and Oleksiak being about as agile as a cone.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Just trashing Grubauer and making him the scapegoat for this loss seems a bit strange to me.

We all know he's nowhere near worth what the team is paying him and was a bad signing.

That, to me, was way more of really bad defense and Oleksiak being about as agile as a cone.

The bolded is exactly how I feel. Oleksiak gave those players the space. He looks like a guy playing in the alumni game at the heritage classic. Watching him during those goals and other pivotal moments of the game makes me question every aspect of advanced stats.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa

No but field your best line up. Daccord is the better goaltender period. Gru can have great moments but isn't consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad