Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Good for Daccord man. 5 x

Gotta think some here said he sucked cuz he didn’t make the team or hit waivers.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We have Ullmark for one season only at this time. Hopefully he signs another contract with us.

I agree that getting rid of Korpisalo is definitely a good thing, even as we have to pay 25% of his remaining contract. But we also had to pay a 1st round pick to dump him to get Ullmark for one season.

If we don't sign Ullmark we are not making progress.
Moot point now I guess lol.

It would not have been ideal had Ullmark not re-signed, but the benefits of dumping Korpisalo are real. I was excited to at least have the opportunity to start over and not be saddled with 4 years of a team killing non solution signed by the previous doofus.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I am impressed that Bennett still hasn't been knocked tf out for the dirty crap he pulls. He sucker punched Marchand last year, and now is running amok with no regard for player safety. Refs/DoPS not doing anything about it is going to cost someone their health

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Anyone know if the Panthers have flown out yet? I suspect flights will be grounded shortly in that area.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
So, after seeing how Vegas was recently treated by the league regarding Lehner, my question is: Why are we as a fan base sitting on our hands and letting the NHL strip our team of a first round pick? My feeling is that we need to start protesting this decision by the NHL and get our rightfully deserved first round pick back.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So, after seeing how Vegas was recently treated by the league regarding Lehner, my question is: Why are we as a fan base sitting on our hands and letting the NHL strip our team of a first round pick? My feeling is that we need to start protesting this decision by the NHL and get our rightfully deserved first round pick back.
Because it's a very clear and cut reason why the pick is being stripped

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We had a dumb GM who was here before the new ownership took over?
Yes

We had a member of the organization who "at best" messed up a trade call by leaving out contractual information and giving both the NHL and opposing team incorrect information regarding a players status. This information has a significant impact on trades, both inital trade with Vegas and the Vegas trade with Anaheim.

Sens caused a problem with the daily activity of the league and never followed by-laws that need to be enforced, they need to be punished for it the same way the Yotes were when they were dinged a pick, even though Chyka wasn't with them anyore.

It’s also fairly clear cut that the league waited until the sale went through to lay down the punishment.
Agreed, though it seems the issue there lies more so with Dorion and the Melnyk board of directors, it wasn't something that came out of the blue; they knew that there was punishment/repurcussions coming, Andlauer included. It was just called "nothing to worry about" by the board and Dorion.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Yes

We had a member of the organization who "at best" messed up a trade call by leaving out contractual information and giving both the NHL and opposing team incorrect information regarding a players status. This information has a significant impact on trades, both inital trade with Vegas and the Vegas trade with Anaheim.

Sens caused a problem with the daily activity of the league and never followed by-laws that need to be enforced, they need to be punished for it the same way the Yotes were when they were dinged a pick, even though Chyka wasn't with them anyore.
I don't think this punishment meet the crime. Vegas has been able to cheat the rules over and over, yet I don't see them face any consequences. They bear half the responsibility regarding Dadanov.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't think this punishment meet the crime. Vegas has been able to cheat the rules over and over, yet I don't see them face any consequences. They bear half the responsibility regarding Dadanov.
Andlauer himself has said that he has recieved a 73 page document that showed that the Sens were "downright negligent" in nature to the Dadonov trade.

Vegas bears 0 responsibility regarding Dadonov. They were told straight up on a trade call with the NHL and Dorion that he never submitted his trade clause and it was thus null and void. Once that happens, it's on the party who made that blunder, which is the Sens.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Andlauer himself has said that he has recieved a 73 page document that showed that the Sens were "downright negligent" in nature to the Dadonov trade.

They bear 0 responsibility regarding Dadonov. They were told straight up on a trade call with the NHL and Dorion that he never submitted his trade clause and it was thus null and void. Once that happens, it's on the party who made that blunder, which is the Sens.
Well now, I guess I can just say I'm glad we moved on from Dorion. Still disappointing.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It’s also fairly clear cut that the league waited until the sale went through to lay down the punishment.
it is also fairly clear that the league could hire a kid to build an excel spreadsheet to keep track of this stuff......complete BS amateur hour at the league office IMO....and the punishment meted out to Ottawa masks the league's incompetence

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well now, I guess I can just say I'm glad we moved on from Dorion. Still disappointing.
I was never a Dorion fan. I did not like him when he was appointed and really disliked him when he traded Zibanejad. Then it got worse and worse over time.

it is also fairly clear that the league could hire a kid to build an excel spreadsheet to keep track of this stuff......complete BS amateur hour at the league office IMO....and the punishment meted out to Ottawa masks the league's incompetence
I am still waiting to see what the league will do about this lack of a tracking system for NTCs and NMCs, and related "lists".

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully Andlauer is able to get the punishment reduced like Lamoreillo did for the Devils back in 2014.

They got penalized a 1st round pick for signing Kovalchuk to a 17 year contract they knew he would never finish.

They did have to give up their own 1st, which I believe was in the 10-14 range in 2024, but the league later decided to give them the last pick in the 1st round.

Given that the GM who made the error has been fired and Andlauer clearly wasn't given sufficient notice about an impending penalty by the league prior to buying the franchise, wouldn't shock me if the penalty ended up getting reduced.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Vegas saying they missed the playoffs from being unable to activate Stone(due to not being able to trade Dadonov) should lose credibility since they've now made the playoffs TWICE with Stone missing like half the season each time.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Hopefully Andlauer is able to get the punishment reduced like Lamoreillo did for the Devils back in 2014.

They got penalized a 1st round pick for signing Kovalchuk to a 17 year contract they knew he would never finish.

They did have to give up their own 1st, which I believe was in the 10-14 range in 2024, but the league later decided to give them the last pick in the 1st round.

Given that the GM who made the error has been fired and Andlauer clearly wasn't given sufficient notice about an impending penalty by the league prior to buying the franchise, wouldn't shock me if the penalty ended up getting reduced.
Pretty much this. The Sens are completely in the wrong, but it shouldn't have taken as much times as it did to let new/pending ownership know how much the penalty would be.

Even if our pick automatically gets changed to the 32nd overall that year, its better than having to lose it

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas saying they missed the playoffs from being unable to activate Stone(due to not being able to trade Dadonov) should lose credibility since they've now made the playoffs TWICE with Stone missing like half the season each time.

The argument they missed the playoffs in 21/22 because they got stuck with Dadonov is questionable, but I don't think Vegas making the playoffs twice with Stone going on LTIR late in the year impacts that argument at all.

They were 9th in the West when the Dadonov trade fell through. They were already having a tough time that year due to the injury bug taking out several of their best players for a good chunk of the year.

The next two seasons the Knights were in a playoff spot when Stone went onto LTIR. Not having him had less of an impact in those years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad