Is Pettersson a top 5 C in the league?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Is Pettersson a top 5 C in the league?

• Yes

Votes: 154 28.1%
  • In the neighbourhood

Votes: 189 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 206 37.5%

• Total voters

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Is Auston Matthews still on the PK? Doesn't measure everything about a players defensive ability, but a pretty good indicator.

Pettersson is considered a top Selke candidate, and you can see that on the PK. He is the teams best penalty killer, and if he is with the lotto line all season, he is probly up there or close to Kucherov, considering how many points he got playing with 3rd liners.

Every player in the top 20 of NHL scoring plays with at least 1 elite player, except for Pettersson (until the last 5 games), so yes, Pettersson is top 5.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
As a Canucks fan, he’s top 5. You can say “in the neighbourhood” and wouldn’t be wrong tho . My ranking would be:

Mcdavid
MacKinnon
Drai
Matthews
Pettersson

You can argue Hughes for the 5th spot. You could even argue Jack Eichel this season. Point deserves an honourable mention as well. Crosby is still playing at an elite level, though I can’t confidently say he’s top5 any longer. I think the best take on this is that the other 4 guys are almost set in stone as the top 4, while Pettersson is the best option at the 5th spot for now.
i voted in the neighbourhood with the same reasoning. he is in a tier with other players, which includes the 5th spot imo. within the tier it's probably a matter of taste and preferences.

but if someone has confidently 5 guys ahead of him 'no' is not an unreasonable answer as well. 6th best center in the league is not a bad take. he is clearly a top10 tough.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisatl / Matthews
EP
Eichel / Crosby
Barkov / Hughes

So that’s a yea for me

I won’t be surprised if Eichel & EP ascend past Drai & Matthews because they have better all-around games but it’s hard to ignore the latter two’s sustained reg season dominance
I get EP considering he's been a top 10 point producer for 2 seasons while being one of the best two way players in the game.

But Eichel hasn't done anything to suggest he'd surpass Drai or Matthews. Even with his improved two way play, he's "just" a point per game player and not close to being a selke candidate or a top 10 producer in the league.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I get EP considering he's been a top 10 point producer for 2 seasons while being one of the best two way players in the game.

But Eichel hasn't done anything to suggest he'd surpass Drai or Matthews. Even with his improved two way play, he's "just" a point per game player and not close to being a selke candidate or a top 10 producer in the league.
You watch the playoffs? He has another gear he can tap into that a lot of these other guys haven’t demonstrated. Especially Matthews. Playoffs are a different animal altogether

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
105 yes
100 around 5
42 no

Practice your math.
Not too good at following post quotes or what?

person A: LOLOL HES WINNING BY THE TOTALS OF MAYBE AND YES TO NO LOLOL HES SO GOOD

person B: by that same logic isnt he losing by the the totals of maybe and no to yes?

person C (you): WOW, person B! Youre so stupid for how you tried to add that up!

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Not too good at following post quotes or what?

person A: LOLOL HES WINNING BY THE TOTALS OF MAYBE AND YES TO NO LOLOL HES SO GOOD

person B: by that same logic isnt he losing by the the totals of maybe and no to yes?

person C (you): WOW, person B! Youre so stupid for how you tried to add that up!
Both are stupid. Doesn’t make what I said wrong, even if you don’t like the outcome. Enjoy the sun more.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Both are stupid. Doesn’t make what I said wrong, even if you don’t like the outcome. Enjoy the sun more.
The second post and your post were making the same point but you took exception to the second post because it didnt reflect well upon your team, same reason you didnt go out of your way to "correct" the first post.

There is no sun here, bud. It's f***ing January, enjoy the snow more.

Reactions: ExtremeColdWeather

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
It’s just funny to me how according to Canuck fans he might not even be the 3rd most valuable player on his team this year behind Hughes and Demko. Some Canuck fans even say JT has been more impactful.

Personally I rate him in the 5-7 spot so it’s not far off from the voting results

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
It’s just funny to me how according to Canuck fans he might not even be the 3rd most valuable player on his team this year behind Hughes and Demko. Some Canuck fans even say JT has been more impactful.

Personally I rate him in the 5-7 spot so it’s not far off from the voting results

He's gotten the short end of the stick, Miller has been able to play with Boeser all year and Pettersson has been stuck with Kuzmenko and Mikheyev who forgot how to play hockey.

I believe there was also a point where Hughes - Hronek was on the ice almost exclusively with the Miller line, though I don't know what's happening with that anymore.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

Confirmation bias. You see some opinions by some fans and assume the whole fanbase has the same consensus.

JT and EP have been equally valuable this year.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Yeah and some Oiler fans have crapped on Draisaitl this year. You need to learn to pick out the outlier opinions.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Absolutely he's a special player... His play style seriously reminds me of gretzky (of course not to that level but you get what I mean)

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad