Value of: Is Lindholm's value plummeting? Will a team regret trading for him?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
As an habs fan, I agree that Monahan doesn't drive play as much as Lindholm and has the worst defensive game of the two. Monahan is great though on the powerplay this year and easier to fit under the cap, so it might rise his value for some contenders. At 0.9-1 M$ (half retained) he can fit under any team cap hit.

Pretty barren C market, unless a guy like Middlestadt or out of the left field option is available. Lindholm will get at least a 1st and B prospect. With a good year maybe a second high draft pick or a A prospect instead of a B one would have been possible though. Think he's gonna sign for around 8 M$ on a longer contract or 9 M$ for shorter term (3-4 years).

Monahan and Henrique will get either a 2nd and B/C prospect or a really late first rounder if some teams overpay. Depends on guys like Guentzel, Chychrun being traded or not at the deadline.

With both Tanev and Lindholm, the flames should get a good haul.
Wait. Lindholm drives play? Is he driving play on another frequency that we can't just see?

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Wait. Lindholm drives play? Is he driving play on another frequency that we can't just see?
If we use this chart as additional information (as i saw only a couple of flames game this year). I should have said he's better in transition, but yeah his offensive impact this year isn't that good.

GEe9Wtja0AA_LF6

GEe9WtkbIAEHohY

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don’t see his value dropping. Everyone knows what he is. He’s a playmaking center that can play on any line, including the first if you put talent with him. He creates plays, you have to finish them. Goal scoring has never been his thing, though he can finish a lot better than when he was younger. He’s always been good two ways. He’s pretty good on draws and he’s a righty. He has a ton of value, I think fans are the only ones to tie his value to pure production.

Calgary is playing better than early in the year, no? He’s a player whose points are affected by team play and confidence of his teammates. He’s always a playmaker first. He does drive play, but he doesn’t finish them often. If the guys he sets up after he takes the line never finish, I don’t see how you can say he's now a lesser offensive player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Might have been put out there already but Bob Stauffer was spitballing and he threw out -
2024 1st, Xavier Bourgault, and Brett Kulak for Lindholm at 50%.

I really don't see them being able to acquire a goalie and the plan is probably to bring Campbell up for the playoffs. They would need to add a 6/7 defenseman before the deadline as well

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Lindholm-Kane
Holloway-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Ryan-Foegele
Brown

Nurse-Ceci
Ekholm-Bouchard
Vet/Broberg-Desharnais

Skinner
Pickard/Campbell

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Might have been put out there already but Bob Stauffer was spitballing and he threw out -

I really don't see them being able to acquire a goalie and the plan is probably to bring Campbell up for the playoffs. They would need to add a 6/7 defenseman before the deadline as well

That is a god awful deal for Calgary without the retention and without it being a rival.

Bourgault sucks, he is not a good piece to add, the first would be late as well so likely end up with nothing at all in a deal which strengthens a rival.

I have no problem trading with Edmonton and Vancouver if they offer the best deal but that is a horrible trade offer.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
At this point what players are CGY actually thinking about dealing? I though Hanifin was extending? Is Sharangovich on the table? Is Kadri? Lindholm seems like the type of guy you also extend given his value as a rental.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Lindholm-Kane
Holloway-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Ryan-Foegele
Brown

Nurse-Ceci
Ekholm-Bouchard
Vet/Broberg-Desharnais

Skinner
Pickard/Campbell
That defence still looks like doo doo

Reactions: xAvsx89

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
In this thread, everyone is crapping on Lindholm and using Monahan as a comparable for why Elias should be cheap to acquire. In the Monahan thread, everyone is crapping on Monahan and citing Lindholm as a player who's is in a different stratosphere and worth far more.

Ah HFBoards, you provide endless entertainment...

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If we use this chart as additional information (as i saw only a couple of flames game this year). I should have said he's better in transition, but yeah his offensive impact this year isn't that good.

GEe9Wtja0AA_LF6

GEe9WtkbIAEHohY
He’s having a bad year, look at last year, the guy is a great player

Reactions: Revansky

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
At this point what players are CGY actually thinking about dealing? I though Hanifin was extending? Is Sharangovich on the table? Is Kadri? Lindholm seems like the type of guy you also extend given his value as a rental.

We should be looking to move any player or prospect, there is nobody on this team that should be untouchable.

That said our management and especially ownership are more interested in building a team to finish 8th because they are dumb enough to think "get in and anything can happen", plus owners care more about money than winning.

Hanifin should be traded but we will likely re-sign him and talk about how great he plays for the next 8 years with zero play-offs appearances.

Kadri would be a dream to move but no chance any team takes on his boat anchor contract.

Sharangovich and his potential to hit 55 points is being hailed as the new superstar for the Flames no chance you give up a guy that can consistently put up 40-50 points, those guys don't grow on trees.

Reactions: AirGut

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If i am the Flames, i try to re-sign Lindholm longterm and at a reduced caphit due to his underperforming season.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Slim pickings for available impactful centers so 'no' to the first question.
Yes to the 2nd question as it's unlikely that the acquiring team will have won the cup

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He is vastly overated, personally I wouldn't bother. Monahan is cheaper.

imagine how bad he wants out of Calgary ( can blame him ) asking for over 9 mil lolol

They are two totally different players. Lindholm fits better what a playoff team usually needs in the 2C spot. Good enough to play with skill guys, and good enough defensively to play tough competition with more offense-first wingers.

Monahan brings good size and goal scoring to the table but he is not a checking center in any way. He is cheaper cap hit which will help his market.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Lindholm is doing nothing these days to either enhance his trade value or eventually signing a lucrative contract as an UFA in the off-season.

Seems obvious that he knows he's not coming back to Calgary, so appears to have checked out. As such, I doubt Flames fans will be very satisfied with what they get for him at TDL.

Him checking out likely isn't too indicative of what he will bring to a contender in New locker room and a chance to be a pt/gm guy in a 2C role.

Teams know what he brings to the table and what he doesn't at this point I'm his career.

Still think he gets a 1st and someone's expendable depth player/prospect

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
At this point what players are CGY actually thinking about dealing? I thought Hanifin was extending? Is Sharangovich on the table? Is Kadri? Lindholm seems like the type of guy you also extend given his value as a rental.
It would be the UFAs - Lindholm, Tanev and Hanifin most likely. There’s almost no way they would deal Sharangovich, barring a huge overpayment. And as good as Kadri has been this year, I doubt many teams want his contract long-term.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
The team that trades for LIndholm will be very happy with him. He will fit in great with a good team and good players.

This zombie Flames team is the worst case scenario for him. No talent to play for, no attempt for the team to compete, it is a wasted season with a dud coach and loser players.

He isn't a stud #1 but for the team he goes to he is likely going to be asked to be the #2 and he will be great in that role.

Reactions: Indiana

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We should be looking to move any player or prospect, there is nobody on this team that should be untouchable.

That said our management and especially ownership are more interested in building a team to finish 8th because they are dumb enough to think "get in and anything can happen", plus owners care more about money than winning.

Hanifin should be traded but we will likely re-sign him and talk about how great he plays for the next 8 years with zero play-offs appearances.

Kadri would be a dream to move but no chance any team takes on his boat anchor contract.

Sharangovich and his potential to hit 55 points is being hailed as the new superstar for the Flames no chance you give up a guy that can consistently put up 40-50 points, those guys don't grow on trees.
Wolf should be untouchable. Zary is getting there too.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Wolf should be untouchable. Zary is getting there too.

I doubt there is a deal out there that makes sense for Wolf but it isn't like he is such a surefire guy we shouldn't move him, if someone wants to overpay I have no problem moving him.

Zary, while a nice story, is on pace for 39 points even if you extend that to 82 games it is still only 50 points which is a nice season for him but not close to untouchable.

Ledge And Dairy

Speaking realistically Calgary is not going to retain on a multi year deal. So unless a team is willing to offer up what Calgary would want for say Markstrom for example without the Flames retaining he probably isn't getting moved.

I would expect we sell off the expiring UFA's this year then should do the same next year with like Mange and Sharangovich (+ any player we take back in a deal, like Johansen for example).

I doubt there is a deal out there that makes sense for Wolf but it isn't like he is such a surefire guy we shouldn't move him, if someone wants to overpay I have no problem moving him.

Zary, while a nice story, is on pace for 39 points even if you extend that to 82 games it is still only 50 points which is a nice season for him but not close to untouchable.
There are very few rookies that put up 50+ points. That is a lot more than just a "nice season."

Reactions: Double Dion

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
There are very few rookies that put up 50+ points. That is a lot more than just a "nice season."

For his age it is trending towards the production of a career 2nd line player, especially when you see how much he relied on a hot streak early on versus him actually being a guy that consistently can put up points.

2nd line players should not be untouchable.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Him checking out likely isn't too indicative of what he will bring to a contender in New locker room and a chance to be a pt/gm guy in a 2C role.

Teams know what he brings to the table and what he doesn't at this point I'm his career.

Still think he gets a 1st and someone's expendable depth player/prospect
If traded i believe he'll get a 1st.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Lindholm hasnt scored in 2024.

He is goal-less in 14 straight games.

He has 1 goal in his last 22 games

His numbers have consistently gone down over the last few seasons as he was clearly piggy backing off of Tkachuk and Gaudreau. He cant carry or drive his own line.

Should we consider that the return on him wont even be as expensive as we may have originally thought?
He will fit right in with the Rangers.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad