Value of: Is Lindholm's value plummeting? Will a team regret trading for him?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I doubt there is a deal out there that makes sense for Wolf but it isn't like he is such a surefire guy we shouldn't move him, if someone wants to overpay I have no problem moving him.

Zary, while a nice story, is on pace for 39 points even if you extend that to 82 games it is still only 50 points which is a nice season for him but not close to untouchable.
I mean by your statement untouchable is no player ever. Untouchable means someone has to overpay. It doesn't mean if someone offered you their top 5 prospect and next 5 1st round picks you aren't taking it. It means you don't want to move the player.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
For his age it is trending towards the production of a career 2nd line player, especially when you see how much he relied on a hot streak early on versus him actually being a guy that consistently can put up points.

2nd line players should not be untouchable.
Based on what exactly? He's a 2nd line player right now in his first season. Kucherov had 18 points his first season. Mackinnon averaged 51 points his first 4 seasons. Pastrnak had never hit 30 points by Zary's age. Those are the three top scorers in the NHL right now.

I'm not saying Zary will be that good, but to pigeon hole a guy who is a rookie on pace for 50 points on a team without any great offensive players as a career 2nd liner seems really dumb.

Reactions: Flair Hay

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Based on what exactly? He's a 2nd line player right now in his first season. Kucherov had 18 points his first season. Mackinnon averaged 51 points his first 4 seasons. Pastrnak had never hit 30 points by Zary's age. Those are the three top scorers in the NHL right now.

I'm not saying Zary will be that good, but to pigeon hole a guy who is a rookie on pace for 50 points on a team without any great offensive players as a career 2nd liner seems really dumb.

Based on watching him play. 50 points is also a projection he is unlikely to ever reach and won't keep up that pace.

There is nothing about Zary in his career or this season to think he is anything more than an average at best 2nd liner.

I mean by your statement untouchable is no player ever. Untouchable means someone has to overpay. It doesn't mean if someone offered you their top 5 prospect and next 5 1st round picks you aren't taking it. It means you don't want to move the player.

Untouchable for me would be guys that you don't trade their are many guys like that. Top 5 guys from the last 3 drafts probably there. Plenty of guys on Colorado, TB, NYR etc. that they wouldn't move.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Based on watching him play. 50 points is also a projection he is unlikely to ever reach and won't keep up that pace.

There is nothing about Zary in his career or this season to think he is anything more than an average at best 2nd liner.

Untouchable for me would be guys that you don't trade their are many guys like that. Top 5 guys from the last 3 drafts probably there. Plenty of guys on Colorado, TB, NYR etc. that they wouldn't move.
So based off watching him play you figure he's never going to score 50 points? That seems really unbelievable. There has only been 1 player in the history of the game with 10+ year career who never exceeded their rookie totals. Teemu Selanne. He also had a catastrophic achilles rupture the following season that was often career ending.

It seems ridiculous to think a rookie won't get better later in their career. Second year slumps happen all the time, but players almost never peak their rookie season. It's not even like he has great linemates. He was playing with a guy who doesn't even crack a lot of rosters in the NHL and an aging 2nd line player. He literally resurrected said aging 2nd line player from the dead.

His first game was Nov. 1.

Kadri before: 9GP, 1G. 2A -10
Kadri after: 39GP 15G 20A +10

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
So based off watching him play you figure he's never going to score 50 points? That seems really unbelievable. There has only been 1 player in the history of the game with 10+ year career who never exceeded their rookie totals. Teemu Selanne. He also had a catastrophic achilles rupture the following season that was often career ending.

It seems ridiculous to think a rookie won't get better later in their career. Second year slumps happen all the time, but players almost never peak their rookie season. It's not even like he has great linemates. He was playing with a guy who doesn't even crack a lot of rosters in the NHL and an aging 2nd line player. He literally resurrected said aging 2nd line player from the dead.

He isn't getting 50 points this season so it wouldn't be a case of him never outscoring his rookie season, he is on pace for 39 but I know pathetic Flames fans would cry that he didn't play all the games so was being kind to him saying his ppg for 82 games is 50.

Look at his numbers at junior and in the AHL he has never been a top scorer. He has never projected to be a top line player. He had a hot streak early in this season, but hasn't shown anything this year that he will be anything more than a 2nd liner.

Are you saying you think Connor Zary is going to be a top line player for a team that competes for anything?

That is insane

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He isn't getting 50 points this season so it wouldn't be a case of him never outscoring his rookie season, he is on pace for 39 but I know pathetic Flames fans would cry that he didn't play all the games so was being kind to him saying his ppg for 82 games is 50.

Look at his numbers at junior and in the AHL he has never been a top scorer. He has never projected to be a top line player. He had a hot streak early in this season, but hasn't shown anything this year that he will be anything more than a 2nd liner.

Are you saying you think Connor Zary is going to be a top line player for a team that competes for anything?

That is insane
Ugh, not much point posting with you. No logic whatsoever. You literally said he would never exceed this season when only one player in NHL history has had a career season as a rookie.

I don't know what Zary will be. I know the other guys who scored 50 points as rookies for us in the past 30 years have all been 1st line players.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Lindholm has 1 goal in the last 20+ games. His value is dropping like a rock.

I think teams are smarter than that. Guys value is fluid but not that fluid.

His cold stretch with the Flames doesn't change much for me about how he would fit in with our system and with Perfetti and Ehlers specifically.

I imagine others feel similarly for their situation

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Ugh, not much point posting with you. No logic whatsoever. You literally said he would never exceed this season when only one player in NHL history has had a career season as a rookie.

I don't know what Zary will be. I know the other guys who scored 50 points as rookies for us in the past 30 years have all been 1st line players.

No I said he won't exceed more than around 50-ish point which he won't get this year.

But yes you should not debate with me when you have no rebuttal to my clear facts. Run away and wait until there is an echo chamber that can valid your wrong views.

• Haha
Reactions: Double Dion

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think teams are smarter than that. Guys value is fluid but not that fluid.

His cold stretch with the Flames doesn't change much for me about how he would fit in with our system and with Perfetti and Ehlers specifically.

I imagine others feel similarly for their situation
Any idea what an offer would look like?

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
He’s still an all-situation, 50 point 2C with a workable cap hit (especially with retention). Unfortunately the return won’t be a 1st, A prospect + that we would’ve seen if he kept the offence up, but it will still be solid

Reactions: Flair Hay

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Look I love Monahan, he is a great person and a leader. But if you think you have even an ounce of a chance getting past Vegas with him as your 2C you are certifiably insane. Monahan is not the player he once was, he can still sit in the slot and raise the puck exceptionally well over goalies pads, he can still win faceoffs. But that's about it, he's a passenger player at the end of the day.

Considering Aho got 9.5M for pretty much the same or less production and similar level of 2-way play over the previous few seasons I don't think 9M was at all an unrealistic ask in negotiations prior to the season. Players always start high in negotiations while teams always start low, then they tend to mean in the middle
meh I'm not a fan of Lindholm.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
No point dealing him if that's all you're getting. This is the Flames. They're going to go for the playoff revenue unless someone makes them a decent offer.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
When Blake Coleman and Yegor Sharangovich are outscoring you on your own team, yes your value has taken a hit.

I always found Lindholm overrated, obviously not a bad player but also not a big difference maker like he might've been made out to be.

Would not pay the premium for him, certainly at this point

Reactions: Alienblood

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
When Blake Coleman and Yegor Sharangovich are outscoring you on your own team, yes your value has taken a hit.

I always found Lindholm overrated, obviously not a bad player but also not a big difference maker like he might've been made out to be.

Would not pay the premium for him, certainly at this point
Congrats you used hockeyDB

Yeah Blake Coleman is on pace for 68 points.

Sharangovich is on pace for 34 goals, out pacing his career high 24 he set while playing shotgun with Jack Hughes, maybe you’ve heard of him, while playing with Lindholm as his C.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Wtf, zary has exceeded all expectations and is a constant threat.

Anyone saying fifty points is not going to happen or he should be traded is a moron.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Wtf, zary has exceeded all expectations and is a constant threat.

Anyone saying fifty points is not going to happen or he should be traded is a moron.

Nobody said he should be traded just that he shouldn't be untouchable and there is no way he is getting 50 points this season, if you think he is you are delusional.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
My opinion on him is that he’s not a bad addition at all. Selke candidate not long ago , he’s a ufa it’s his cap that might be harder since most top teams might not have 7 million.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lindholm hasnt scored in 2024.

He is goal-less in 14 straight games.

He has 1 goal in his last 22 games

His numbers have consistently gone down over the last few seasons as he was clearly piggy backing off of Tkachuk and Gaudreau. He cant carry or drive his own line.

Should we consider that the return on him wont even be as expensive as we may have originally thought?
And he's still in 4th place for points on his team...

Reactions: CanMerc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad