Value of: Is Lindholm's value plummeting? Will a team regret trading for him?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm not that big on Lucuis personally. I'd prefer the Avs offer if it was 1st & Ritchie.
that’s crazy. If the Avs offer Ritchie (they won’t), no way do they also need to attach a 1st to that.

RyJo + Ritchie for Lindholm is the most they’d need to offer for a rental playing poorly in his contract year the Avs can’t afford to resign either.

Avs probably won’t be shopping for a 2C like this. They’ll aim lower. Like Henrique.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Wow, Lindholms value has fallen off a cliff.

What else could go wrong for the Flames.

I suppose Tanev, with an injury spanning the trade deadline, would be icing on the cake.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
that’s crazy. If the Avs offer Ritchie (they won’t), no way do they also need to attach a 1st to that.

RyJo + Ritchie for Lindholm is the most they’d need to offer for a rental playing poorly in his contract year the Avs can’t afford to resign either.

Avs probably won’t be shopping for a 2C like this. They’ll aim lower. Like Henrique.
Who are you to say they won't offer Ritchie?
This was a deal that many fans between the 2 teams agreed would be fair. Fans don't make the trades though, so we'll have to see.
Whoever does get Lindholm though (out of Bos/WPG/Van/Col) jumps to Cup fav IMO.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Should still get a late 1st + a teams top 5ish prospect.

If the Leafs needed a C more than D I’d offer 2024 1st + Minten

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Flames fans will be disappointed with the return that Lindholm get if they trade him.

My feeling is that they don’t sign him and he walks as a UFA.

Reactions: David71

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This was a deal that many fans between the 2 teams agreed would be fair. Fans don't make the trades though, so we'll have to see.
Maybe. He’s a rental having a terrible season. Will be like what Giroux got… before Tippett went off.

He’ll fetch a 1st + a decent prospect + cap dump + another pick in round 2 or 3.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Avs fans were willing to give him up when he was still injured and wasn't playing. Now that he's playing and doing well I think a lot of us have changed our minds. May we interest you in a Gulyayev or Behrens though.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
ummm so i finally had some time last night to watch a Flames game as I wanted to scout Lindholm/Tanev who has been rumored targets for the Canucks.

Lindholm looks cheked out or disinterested. He was realllly realllly reallly bad last night. Looked like someone going for a skate at Central Park.

He had zero interest in shooting or getting into dirty areas.

He was meh on the PK but lost tons of faeoffs especially a big one with 6 minutes left while shorthanded that directly led to a CBJ goal.

RED WARNING LIGHTS are starting to flash for this guy.....

I trust our pro scouting team, if they feel Lindholm can be an asset or not. I also trust them to properly value what his worth is and not some pipe dream of obtaining Lindholm for what he was because he aint that anymore, clearly.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's shooting at 6.3%. It's easy to crap on a guy when the puck isn't bouncing his way. The previous five years here, he averaged a 15.26 shooting %.

Additionally - "piggy backing" is a disingenuous way of putting it. He played a key role in the success of that line. His totals last year were down, sure, but he was also directly tied to career years for his linemates in Toffoli and Dube. Linemates matter. What a shocking revelation.

Lindholm is not an elite offensive driver, but he has shown the ability to make those around him significantly better, and absolutely has shown the ability to drive play in an incredibly positive direction. Things haven't worked this year, but GM"s don't have short term memories.

****except when it comes to free agency****

:naughty:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
It's hard to gauge if he's checked out a bit or if most of the Calgary team isn't playing up to their potential.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I'd like rescind my original offer of

1st
Bruztewicz
Kuzmenko

for

Lindholm

New Offer:

1st 2024
4th 2025
Jet Woo
Kuzmenko

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Too many teams can use this guy and there is only one of him pending UFA... Calgary won't get a haul but they will do well

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Too many teams can use this guy and there is only one of him pending UFA... Calgary won't get a haul but they will do well
That would make his value go up. Say 5 teams wanting him. One team will come up with a fair offer . His play this season is the only thing that will drive his value down some.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
That would make his value go up. Say 5 teams wanting him. One team will come up with a fair offer . His play this season is the only thing that will drive his value down some.

Yes, there being several teams in the bidding will help. No one going ape shit for the guy but Calgary could get a solid B prospect with the 1st they will for sure get.

Having a great year vs a down year... I think that stuff may be a bit overrated in this situation. He is a known commodity. Teams know his strengths and his limitations. Just a matter of which team doesn't balk at the price of a 1st and good but not great prospect.

Which is a really good return for Calgary considering the likelihood his value is zero to them by July 1.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lindholm is doing nothing these days to either enhance his trade value or eventually signing a lucrative contract as an UFA in the off-season.

Seems obvious that he knows he's not coming back to Calgary, so appears to have checked out. As such, I doubt Flames fans will be very satisfied with what they get for him at TDL.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The top 4 teams in the league are all reportedly interested in adding a top 6 center. Lindholm is still the best player available by quite a large gap. This alone should create a bidding war
He is vastly overated, personally I wouldn't bother. Monahan is cheaper.

imagine how bad he wants out of Calgary ( can blame him ) asking for over 9 mil lolol

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

imagine how bad he wants out of Calgary ( can blame him ) asking for over 9 mil lolol

Would much rather prefer Lindholm. Monahan shouldnt even be an option. Stylistically, Monahan is likely a bad fit with the Avs. He's too similar to Johansen.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy Larose

Ledge And Dairy

Look I love Monahan, he is a great person and a leader. But if you think you have even an ounce of a chance getting past Vegas with him as your 2C you are certifiably insane. Monahan is not the player he once was, he can still sit in the slot and raise the puck exceptionally well over goalies pads, he can still win faceoffs. But that's about it, he's a passenger player at the end of the day.

Considering Aho got 9.5M for pretty much the same or less production and similar level of 2-way play over the previous few seasons I don't think 9M was at all an unrealistic ask in negotiations prior to the season. Players always start high in negotiations while teams always start low, then they tend to mean in the middle

Reactions: Flair Hay

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Look I love Monahan, he is a great person and a leader. But if you think you have even an ounce of a chance getting past Vegas with him as your 2C you are certifiably insane. Monahan is not the player he once was, he can still sit in the slot and raise the puck exceptionally well over goalies pads, he can still win faceoffs. But that's about it, he's a passenger player at the end of the day.

Considering Aho got 9.5M for pretty much the same or less production and similar level of 2-way play over the previous few seasons I don't think 9M was at all an unrealistic ask in negotiations prior to the season. Players always start high in negotiations while teams always start low, then they tend to mean in the middle

As an habs fan, I agree that Monahan doesn't drive play as much as Lindholm and has the worst defensive game of the two. Monahan is great though on the powerplay this year and easier to fit under the cap, so it might rise his value for some contenders. At 0.9-1 M$ (half retained) he can fit under any team cap hit.

Pretty barren C market, unless a guy like Middlestadt or out of the left field option is available. Lindholm will get at least a 1st and B prospect. With a good year maybe a second high draft pick or a A prospect instead of a B one would have been possible though. Think he's gonna sign for around 8 M$ on a longer contract or 9 M$ for shorter term (3-4 years).

Monahan and Henrique will get either a 2nd and B/C prospect or a really late first rounder if some teams overpay. Depends on guys like Guentzel, Chychrun being traded or not at the deadline.

With both Tanev and Lindholm, the flames should get a good haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad